The Prospects for Queens Park

The romance of Queens Park back in the top flight is certainly one I’m attracted to, but less so if they’re playing their games in someplace like Stenhousemuir or Cumbernauld.

If they can afford to rent Hampden I hope they do so.
It would be crazy if they didn’t get an agreement to rent Hampden for at least the games against Rangers and them; they would make a fortune.

How many does lesser Hampden hold.? Would the tighter smaller playing surface not suit them better ?

What’s to stop Kilmarnock or Motherwell etc deciding they then want to rent Hampden for games against us to make a bit more money?
These clubs don't even want to make more money from us by giving us a bigger allocation at their own grounds, so I can't see them being interested in giving up home advantage to make more money. Their petty fans would rather watch dross every week, than have the extra income to allow them to potentially bring in a couple of new players that might just improve them.

Yeah. If Broomhill leave now their deal with open goal is done then it’s a certainty.

I’d said in another thread, it’s a shame they can just move Broadwood to Shawfield - it would be an ideal ground share for QP and Clyde.
Shawfield? Are you joking? The place is a derelict mess and, to the best of my knowledge, is destined for demolition (not that it'll take much as it's falling apart). I was in Shawfield many times to see Rangers and it was a terrible venue - terrible nightlines and view interrupted by the numerous lighting poles for the dog and speedway tracks.

It would be crazy if they didn’t get an agreement to rent Hampden for at least the games against Rangers and them; they would make a fortune.
I did some rough maths when we played them twice at Hamden on our travels up the leagues. Not knowing policing costs etc, it wouldn’t be as much as this, but on a bums in seats versus their regular attendance for a season and additional estimated expenditures ( food, programmes, etc) they picked up approximately seven years revenue from those two games.

I did some rough maths when we played them twice at Hamden on our travels up the leagues. Not knowing policing costs etc, it wouldn’t be as much as this, but on a bums in seats versus their regular attendance for a season and additional estimated expenditures ( food, programmes, etc) they picked up approximately seven years revenue from those two games.
I know a few QP legends, directors etc and your sums are spot on that'd exactly the number he gave me

Shawfield? Are you joking? The place is a derelict mess and, to the best of my knowledge, is destined for demolition (not that it'll take much as it's falling apart). I was in Shawfield many times to see Rangers and it was a terrible venue - terrible nightlines and view interrupted by the numerous lighting poles for the dog and speedway tracks.
I said move Broadwood to Shawfield. ie move it brick by brick over.

Just so their in no ambiguity, I don’t literally mean this should happen.

I know a few QP legends, directors etc and your sums are spot on that'd exactly the number he gave me
Nice work if you can get it.

The journey was significant for a lot of reasons.

In my opinion, and without exaggeration, Rangers fans have done more for Scottish football as a whole in the last decade or so than the combined fans of all the clubs in Scotland have ever done for the game.

At the same time the venom against our support has never been higher in Scotland. Strange country.

I said move Broadwood to Shawfield. ie move it brick by brick over.

Just so their in no ambiguity, I don’t literally mean this should happen.
Sorry my mistake, mis-read your post, thought you'd said Broadwood OR Shawfield. I'm pretty sure the Shawfield site is earmarked for redevelopment though.

Precident for Livingston, hibs and hearts to move games v us and them to Murrayfield to boost the gates if allowed.

I'm aware that none of those teams played at Murrayfield before, but hampden is no longer Queens park's stadium so effectively the same.

Think Dundee will end up winning it and coming straight up. Queens park got beaten by Arbroath last night. Same shIte coming up and down the league.

Heard they are buying the cricket ground in Pollok park and turning it into a training facility. Some big hoo-ha over the cricket club lossing their home after 140odd years and it was supposedly Queens Park who are taking it up.

I'd be stunned if Queens Park were not to be found playing their bigger games Hampden next season if they get promoted. Scotland using the new facilities at lesser Hampden as their base will be a sweetener. They will register the Hampden campus as their home and use safety regs for moving the bigger games over the road.

What’s to stop Kilmarnock or Motherwell etc deciding they then want to rent Hampden for games against us to make a bit more money?
How can Motherwell and Kilmarnock expect to make money against us when they deliberately leave thousands of seats empty?

The romance of Queens Park back in the top flight is certainly one I’m attracted to, but less so if they’re playing their games in someplace like Stenhousemuir or Cumbernauld.

If they can afford to rent Hampden I hope they do so.
Their average attendance is second lowest in championship at 960.
Bringing nothing to the league.

Last edited:
I hope they come up just for a change in the usual dross clubs and journeymen players.

They should rent Hampden and do something smart like give away 1000s of tickets to kids. It’s a real chance to generate interest in a Club growing and if they just come up and go down without taking advantage it’ll be a real waste.

I think they’d draw quite a few general Football fans as well were they to use a proper stadium.

They can’t be allowed to use Hampden unless they are renting it and using it for every game. If they did it just for us and them it would be in unfair financial advantage on the other teams

Could they do a deal to just open one stand for the smaller games? Use the full stadium for the Old Firm.

Lesser Hampden is like a juniors ground. Why did they sell Hampden? Surely the £5m sale price can't have been more than a couple years of rent from the SFA. Even stranger they sold it after finally turning pro.
I haven’t been following this at all but it does seem bizarre they play at Hampden for years against the shite in League 2, then when they make a push to get up through the leagues they won’t see that benefit when in the top league.

Not only us and celtic, but a few other teams fans would take a good following for a trip there you’d imagine.

That £5m is probably funding the push right enough

I haven’t been following this at all but it does seem bizarre they play at Hampden for years against the shite in League 2, then when they make a push to get up through the leagues they won’t see that benefit when in the top league.

Not only us and celtic, but a few other teams fans would take a good following for a trip there you’d imagine.

That £5m is probably funding the push right enough

I think the SFA pretty much made them sell, their contract for use of the ground was up and the basically said unless they sold they would take games annd move all their offices elsewhere. The only think keeping QP afloat was the income from the SFA. They had no option.

They should look to tie in with Clyde at crown point, lesser Hampden is only fit for training.

I think the SFA pretty much made them sell, their contract for use of the ground was up and the basically said unless they sold they would take games annd move all their offices elsewhere. The only think keeping QP afloat was the income from the SFA. They had no option.
Wonder where they threatened to move to? Think we all know the answer, queens park should have made the sfa blink first.

Heard they are buying the cricket ground in Pollok park and turning it into a training facility. Some big hoo-ha over the cricket club lossing their home after 140odd years and it was supposedly Queens Park who are taking it up.
Spoke to a couple of guys involved in cricket yesterday. They had heard that it was St. cadoc’s rather than Queen’s Park. Poloc cricket club are hoping to fight it.

I'd be stunned if Queens Park were not to be found playing their bigger games Hampden next season if they get promoted. Scotland using the new facilities at lesser Hampden as their base will be a sweetener. They will register the Hampden campus as their home and use safety regs for moving the bigger games over the road.
This is exactly what will happen. The Scotland Under age teams will play at Lesser Hampden from next season onwards. The pitch has the highest specification of anything outwith Ibrox.

Spoke to a couple of guys involved in cricket yesterday. They had heard that it was St. cadoc’s rather than Queen’s Park. Poloc cricket club are hoping to fight it.

I’m sure Queen’s Park denied being involved in that. They have a long term lease on the facilities at Lochinch

I’m sure Queen’s Park denied being involved in that. They have a long term lease on the facilities at Lochinch
Yes. They have had to deny it as the feelings are pretty strong. I’ve heard Jackie McNamara, Simon Donnelly and other ex-mutant players are putting money in to St. cadoc’s as a Salford City style project to try to get their ‘senior’ team into the SPFL.

Yes. They have had to deny it as the feelings are pretty strong. I’ve heard Jackie McNamara, Simon Donnelly and other ex-mutant players are putting money in to St. cadoc’s as a Salford City style project to try to get their ‘senior’ team into the SPFL.

Didn’t know it was their ex players involved with St Cadocs, just thought it was a few Tims with money from up the Mearns

Back