The Quickly Kevin; will he score? Podcast.

ekbear

I started listening to this when Sir Dunc posted it originally on the old board. I've listened to the first 2, Le Tissier and Elis James talking about Bobby Goulds time in charge of Wales, and started on the Merson one.

Very good pod and very funny, especially the stories about Bobby Gould in charge of Wales. Things like asking Hartson for a square go, phoning the ceefax editor up in the middle of the night to change the headline to the Wales match report.

Anyway, a heads up the new series is out tomorrow.

Cheers for the heads up. Was wondering if there would be more of these, found them really enjoyable

Frank Skinner on the first episode should be good. Darren Anderton later in the series will be good too plus the 2nd instalment of Steve Bruce's book

Arranging a friendly against a club team and then bringing himself on so that he could say that he played 'international football' is amazing.

And then sabotaging the player's vote for captain so that Vinnie Jones won it :D

Gould sounds a grade A loonball.

The Gould and Bruce ones were great but the raw materials meant it would be hard not to make them funny.

The other couple I listened to were distinctly average. I was a little disappointed, particularly with Josh Widdecombe. For a man who makes his living talking, I thought he seemed a bit of an amateur.

Great podcast. Loved the Matt Forde episode about 90's Forrest. The impersanations of Cloughie were class. Not to mention the Walter v chick clips. Series two cant come soon enough.

Anyone listen to the Frank Skinner opener to series 2 ?

Was bloody brilliant. Some great stories from Frank including the bloke talking to him right after the Germany game at Euro 96. But was pissing myself at his old man heckling Bobby Moore at the Hawthorns

"You stole that bracelet Moore! Admit it!"

Paul Merson one was good-the idea of having to tell his brother he was no longer getting £500 a week to keep him company just summed up "early" modern football.

Frank skinner was great as usual-getting his own back on Wyclef Jean :D

I know what Skinner means about the "here's a clip you won't be able to see anywhere else" thing but there's definitely a market for a real "non-bantz" funny football show.

I wish he'd bring it back

Quickly Kevin is doing a live show in London in Feb, gutted I won't be there

Started listening to these over the last week. The Bobby Gould and Steve Bruce episodes had me in stiches :D

I always had Iain Dowie down as a dunce as well. Apparently not.

Only downside is the guy with the mental laugh. I had to turn off the Nish Kumar episode because of the guy manically laughing over everything.

Last edited:
Paul Merson one was good-the idea of having to tell his brother he was no longer getting £500 a week to keep him company just summed up "early" modern football.

Frank skinner was great as usual-getting his own back on Wyclef Jean :D

I know what Skinner means about the "here's a clip you won't be able to see anywhere else" thing but there's definitely a market for a real "non-bantz" funny football show.

I wish he'd bring it back

I kind of see Skinner's point. I loved FFL when I was growing up but would hate to see a middle/old aged Skinner and Baddiel (Frank's now 60!) failing to recreate that magic from years ago.

A lot of the FFL stuff is on You Tube and worth checking out for some great nostalgia laughs. There was genuinely brilliant moments on that show. Some intentional, some not so but it was a great watch.

Danny Baker almost choking to death whilst the crowd goes mad and Frank and Dave piss themselves laughing will never not be funny :D

"Danny hasn't died since Pets Win Prizes"

Just listened to the Le Tiss one about half an hour ago and found ir an easy listen. Loved the fact they were all talking as if they were down the pub.

They've definitely toned down the laughing this series, must have had loads of complaints

How are we all enjoying season 2 so far ?

I thought this weeks with the Wolves fan about Steve Bull was absolutely brilliant. It's mental to think that a bloke who hadn't played top flight football in England went as one of their three strikers selected to the World Cup. And Bull seems a genuinely nice man.

And finally the Ronaldo to Rangers story gets pride of place in the transfer gossip!

How are we all enjoying season 2 so far ?

I thought this weeks with the Wolves fan about Steve Bull was absolutely brilliant. It's mental to think that a bloke who hadn't played top flight football in England went as one of their three strikers selected to the World Cup. And Bull seems a genuinely nice man.

And finally the Ronaldo to Rangers story gets pride of place in the transfer gossip!

The story about barbers in wolverhampton actually having a price list for "a bully" was great and that guy really came across well.

Dermot Gallagher for me was ok if a little contradictory-if I'm being honest he was up his own arse a bit although I did like Alex Fergusons explanation for giving him a filleting the previous week: "just trying to get an edge dermot, it's what you do on a Saturday"

Highlight of the series was Darren Andertons revelation that if England managed to get the golden goal against Germany in the Euro96 semi-final they planned to just run straight off the pitch and up the tunnel :D
That would have been fucking magnificent.

The story about barbers in wolverhampton actually having a price list for "a bully" was great and that guy really came across well.

Dermot Gallagher for me was ok if a little contradictory-if I'm being honest he was up his own arse a bit although I did like Alex Fergusons explanation for giving him a filleting the previous week: "just trying to get an edge dermot, it's what you do on a Saturday"

Highlight of the series was Darren Andertons revelation that if England managed to get the golden goal against Germany in the Euro96 semi-final they planned to just run straight off the pitch and up the tunnel :D

There's no doubt in my mind Bully chinned Lineker at Italia 90! :D

I have only listened to three of them so far but the bird I get the train with thinks I'm losing my marbles laughing away at a podcast. The bobby Gould one was frighteningly funny.

Listened to the Anderton one the other day. The Argentine players taking the piss from the team bus after they beat England and the England players sauntering back to their bus totally embarassed was hiliarous :D I'm sure Andertons father is a staunch bear.

It's my favourite podcast, I've been trying to get them to get Steve Sedgley on the show, the stories on Gazza would be amazing

I loved when they dismantled the Walter Smith v Chick Young vid, think it was the Matt Forde Cloughie episode

They've definitely toned down the laughing this series, must have had loads of complaints
Good to hear.

I stopped listening after a few episodes of it as having them squeal like retarded toddlers when anything slightly amusing was said was ridiculous

Back