The Rangers AGM

Just listened to Robertson’s response to the customer service question: “please give us time, please, please, please”

We’ve been complaining about the customer service for ages and we’re still seeing the same things happen. “Maybe we’ve went too far” when talking about taking face to face customer service away in favour of digital platforms. Understatement of the year

Might be a daft question but if the demand for safe standing is so high why aren't more folk in the BF standing throughout games like BF1 and parts of BF2? If the demand is from folk in other areas of the Stadium I'm sure the Union Bears regularly invite folk to register an interest for a transfer to their area of the Stadium.

Personally I support a safe standing area but I think the level of support for it gets skewed on here and the Board, of course, have to be cognisant of the wishes of the wider support.

As one of the 'oldies' on here can I also say that simply having folk standing rather than seated isn't the cure-all for poor atmosphere. I've been in Ibrox long before seating was ever thought of for anyone but the 'snobs' in the Main Stand :) and I can assure you the atmosphere wasn't all that the misty-eyed memories of some on here portray. Fantastic on its day, as it is now, but poor to average on many other occasions.
They do for bigger games but there’s people scattered around the stadium that would move over to a standing section

Flip it on its head, why do 99% of the away fans stand at our 19 away games each season? Why do we all stand at euro aways? The demand is there

Is Henry Simpson the “Orange Bunnet”?

Could hear him asking the board why he isn’t sitting behind the “dug oot”.

They do for bigger games but there’s people scattered around the stadium that would move over to a standing section

Flip it on its head, why do 99% of the away fans stand at our 19 away games each season? Why do we all stand at euro aways? The demand is there
How many of that 99% standing at Away games do so because they have to though? I stood at Hampden, just as I stand for an OF game at Ibrox. At other Ibrox games though I prefer my seat. I’m an auld f*cker though.:confused:

I support a safe standing area nevertheless. However, I think the demand for it on here is over-egged. And I think the notion that it will suddenly turn Ibrox into a cauldron of noise is very much over-egged. I remember Ibrox before the seats and it was no different to now - great on occasion, average most of the time and poor more often than it should have been.

Simple first step is move UB to the Away corner. No ST holder has to be relocated and it gets the idea established. It can grow from there. It’s Rangers after all. If they move at all it will be in small steps.

How many of that 99% standing at Away games do so because they have to though? I stood at Hampden, just as I stand for an OF game at Ibrox. At other Ibrox games though I prefer my seat. I’m an auld f*cker though.:confused:

I support a safe standing area nevertheless. However, I think the demand for it on here is over-egged. And I think the notion that it will suddenly turn Ibrox into a cauldron of noise is very much over-egged. I remember Ibrox before the seats and it was no different to now - great on occasion, average most of the time and poor more often than it should have been.

Simple first step is move UB to the Away corner. No ST holder has to be relocated and it gets the idea established. It can grow from there. It’s Rangers after all. If they move at all it will be in small steps.
Hadn’t ever considered it that way tbh, fair point

Suppose the only way we’ll know is a proper holistic survey. Mr VPN got Skew on the back foot…retreat!

Hadn’t ever considered it that way tbh, fair point

Suppose the only way we’ll know is a proper holistic survey. Mr VPN got Skew on the back foot…retreat!
LOL. As I said, personally I support the idea of a safe standing area. Size, location etc are up for debate though so you’re correct - a proper survey, encompassing as many fans as possible and asking non-loaded questions - including an indication of whether those completing it would be prepared to give up their current seat to facilitate it - would be useful.

LOL. As I said, personally I support the idea of a safe standing area. Size, location etc are up for debate though so you’re correct - a proper survey, encompassing as many fans as possible and asking non-loaded questions - including an indication of whether those completing it would be prepared to give up their current seat to facilitate it - would be useful.
Absolutely.

Do you want to be part of a safe standing section
Would you willingly be relocated to make way for a safe standing section
Would you be prepared to pay extra to cover implementation cost

That would be a good starting point

Broke my heart, the auld fella talking about disabled access.

Get that shit fucking sorted. Immediately. Actually near in tears man, that's awful.

Watched most of it.

Wilson and Bisgrove are very impressive.

Robertson said that the shortfall mentioned in the accounts has been met and more.

I thought the guy talking about the lack of disability facilities spoke very well and I get the impression the club will act quickly now.

Respect to that guy.

I’m not a director.
A little more care in reading my earlier post you’d have picked up that I was posing a rhetorical question.
It wasn’t clear why you found Ibrox to be so awful but a non rhetorical question for you, why go at all?

I never said you were a director. A little more care in reading my earlier post you'd have picked that up.

I assumed, wrongly, that you'd know I was talking about the atmosphere as that's what we were discussing.

Why go at all? Deary me. To support Rangers like Ive done for over 50 years. Unfortunately its not as enjoyable or exciting as it could be due to the awful atmosphere though Im sure that's of little concern to you.

Would it be too much to ask the fans to be the ones that drive match day atmosphere instead of the fans asking the board to do it?!

Wilson and Bisgrove are top top level talent - everyone’s replaceable in a company but lose those two and we have a problem IMO.
Our fans couldn’t even agree on the colour of our home kit, never mind coming to an agreement on match day arrangements

Wilson is replaceable. Bisgrove is replaceable. The fans are irreplaceable

I have no idea how Bisgrove expects to effectively double our commercial income in one year. Sounds like an extremely difficult target to meet, and I doubt he’ll be able to.
Looking forward to the 10% increase to STs next season :D

Looking forward to the 10% increase to STs next season :D
That would be a laugh.

You want safe standing? Nah.
You want better disabled access? Nah.
You want a better matchday experience? Nah.
You want better customer service? Nah.
You aren’t a priority,

We’ll take an extra few quid off you though, if you dont mind.

Anything that makes the atmosphere would be a good thing but I don’t remember the atmosphere being any better for run of the mill games when both the East and West enclosures were all standing.

Probably because the enclosures are the worst possible locations for safe standing. Imagine the Kop split in two. Then there's the issue of many of our traditional choir having bought tickets for the Copland and elsewhere. The hardcore from our bus had 15 seats in the Govan Front.

This is absolute bollocks talk - the accounts show the guy has done an unbelievable job since he got here. You’ve just completely made up that comment with no fact whatsoever.
Provide a breakdown then please?Unbelievable job would be securing that big multimillion sponsorship, which he hasn’t. How much you think the likes of Black Rooster are paying us?

Because those who want it want it moved to behind the goals which wound mean moving loads of those who don’t which gives the Club a headache they don’t want.
So, because one group want something, another group has to be inconvenienced? Where’s the fairness in that?

We are in a fabulous position on and off the pitch and the projected future in the short term and long term is we will be in an even more fabulous position.
Accessibility access still a disgrace and no boardroom appetite for safe standing

Ant important stuff, so I dont need to ho through the whole thread

These guys have been VITAL to us existing in my opinion TW.

Yes, we as fans supported them, as we always have, but our money doesn’t cover the running costs of the club.
Of course it doesnt, but with that same token, our money isnt transformed into shares either.

I’m not belittling their importance, simply stating that the club was here before, during and will be here after their tenures - the only constant is us.
Without our generosity, our duty, our unwavering ability to be cash cows - the club would have been dead in the water long before this board seized control.

Would it be too much to ask the fans to be the ones that drive match day atmosphere instead of the fans asking the board to do it?!

Wilson and Bisgrove are top top level talent - everyone’s replaceable in a company but lose those two and we have a problem IMO.

Yes. Park isn’t a great public speaker, but he’s a true Ranger, an extremely successful business man & was paramount in saving the club.

Having young blood such as these two, with their drive & energy for progression in the two most vital parts of the club, football & commerce, is a nice mix along with our chairman who cares deeply about the club.

It's not but, that's why people on this very thread are asking for a wider poll to be done with more extensive questions into moving seats and raising funds for it.

Over 6000 people isn't an insignificant amount in itself but, it's a big number considering the amount that were asked.
They have easy access to 45k ST holders and a substantial waiting list, the survey size should involve everyone

If I’m in the director’s box listening to the noise about match day experiences how do I square the circle of 1,000’s leaving long before the game is finished?
Must admit I hate seeing the fans leaving whilst the lads are still playing. It must be a buzz kill for the team. Fans should stay till the final whistle, %^*& the traffic!

The fans will drive the atmosphere but they need a designated area to do it from. Somewhere where they can get together with other like minded supporters.

I dont understand the desperation to block safe standing. The tims must piss themselves laughing.

The fans will drive the atmosphere but they need a designated area to do it from. Somewhere where they can get together with other like minded supporters.

I dont understand the desperation to block safe standing. The tims must piss themselves laughing.
I was talking to boys from down south today who were utterly bewildered that its actually our own board who don’t want it, as opposed to authorities.

Strange little man is Robertson.

Of course it doesnt, but with that same token, our money isnt transformed into shares either.

I’m not belittling their importance, simply stating that the club was here before, during and will be here after their tenures - the only constant is us.
Without our generosity, our duty, our unwavering ability to be cash cows - the club would have been dead in the water long before this board seized control.

I absolutely take your point about the role we have played. I bought shares, a low amount of course, so I theoretically do have something for my money, but to be honest, that was just me trying to help the club in my own wee way.

I’ve said before what you’re saying. Long after the players, directors, management go, we will be here, the majority of us until we die.

All I’d say is we do get something back, the joy we get seeing the club we love being successful again. In 2012 I was so worried, so just having my Rangers is major to me.

Back