The Rangers AGM

They have easy access to 45k ST holders and a substantial waiting list, the survey size should involve everyone

The problem with that is safe standing doesnt affect the vast majority so asking someone it doesnt affect might give them an opportunity to just say no.

Reminds me of the poll tax. Lots of people against it because they didnt want to pay so the burden falls on the minority. How is that fair?

This would be interesting to know
Given that we're struggling to configure how to better house disabled supporters, and have ruled out lowering the pitch due to financial restrictions etc.

I'd imagine that projects like frames over the top of the ground etc, are also well down the pipeline and not being considered atm.

Disabled access before anything else.

Was there any further questions about us potentially going to the market for another kit deal? We've got 4 years left of the Castore deal so how would it be possible?

Was there any further questions about us potentially going to the market for another kit deal? We've got 4 years left of the Castore deal so how would it be possible?
He was talking about at the renewal stage not before.

I was talking to boys from down south today who were utterly bewildered that its actually our own board who don’t want it, as opposed to authorities.

Strange little man is Robertson.

I think a sizeable numbet of our fans dont want it even though it doesnt affect them. Its hard to work out. Fear of losing their seat perhaps? Who knows. Its bizarre. We even have people saying they cant stand for 90 minutes as if safe standing will be forced on all 50k ST holders.

Yes. Park isn’t a great public speaker, but he’s a true Ranger, an extremely successful business man & was paramount in saving the club.

Having young blood such as these two, with their drive & energy for progression in the two most vital parts of the club, football & commerce, is a nice mix along with our chairman who cares deeply about the club.

Sucks updates were great, but when you actaully hear these two talk it gets more impressive. These two in particular are professionals, they aint here to f about, it wouldnt look good for them.

Sucks updates were great, but when you actaully hear these two talk it gets more impressive. These two in particular are professionals, they aint here to f about, it wouldnt look good for them.

Yes, they were really impressive ID.

Quite exciting message that hopefully extends to other part of the club.

Administratively it was still apparent that we need to adopt a similar attitude I’d suggest.

Must admit I hate seeing the fans leaving whilst the lads are still playing. It must be a buzz kill for the team. Fans should stay till the final whistle, %^*& the traffic!

I agree. I think the poor atmosphere contributes to the problem. When the place is buzzing (not often) its more enjoyable and fans are less likely to leave early.

He looks very unfit and quite unwell. Id like to think someone is looking after his health and welfare.
I was sat just in front of him at Fir Park recently. He looked to be struggling a bit for breath after coming up the stairs and into the Directors Box. He could do with shedding some weight but if that’s his only problem at his age then he’s doing well. Must be 70 or 71 years old by now.

I was sat just in front of him at Fir Park recently. He looked to be struggling a bit for breath after coming up the stairs and into the Directors Box. He could do with shedding some weight but if that’s his only problem at his age then he’s doing well. Must be 70 or 71 years old by now.

He's too important to lose.

Given that we're struggling to configure how to better house disabled supporters, and have ruled out lowering the pitch due to financial restrictions etc.

I'd imagine that projects like frames over the top of the ground etc, are also well down the pipeline and not being considered atm.

Disabled access before anything else.
Two birds, one stone. It would solve both issues if they could plan and complete these issues together.
For someone like me and I'm sure many others it would be great if they could increase capacity. Fans like myself struggle to get tickets as the majority of the seats are taken by ST. This is not a bad thing but when you've got a waiting list for ST and the purchasing going down in the tiers like it does being part of My Gers doesn't make much of a difference a lot of the time. Also as it's been pointed out numerous times, the ticket office/ website are shocking.

Last edited:
I’m a bit uncomfortable about how some posters on this thread are addressing the safe standing issue. I get that it is important to some and I would also be supportive of it if done with consideration to existing season ticket holders.

However, I’m not sure the AGM is the best place to raise this issue and bears have to accept that others have different opinions and priorities.

Also those that want to stand already know that if they get a season ticket for certain sections in BF then they could stand - I ‘sit’ in BF4 and stand most of the time.

The majority of fans that want safe standing are unlikely to give up a perfectly good seat elsewhere to move to a seat in the BF on the off chance that they can stand in an area that's designated as all seater. They'd move if they knew it was an official ss area but not until it is.

put a third tier on the govan and put safe standing on the bottom tier next season. same again for the broomloan the following season and again with the copland the season after that. job done and also takes our capacity to almost 70 thousand,perfect!!!

The club have already spoke about the disabled facilities being a priority, not sure why it needed another question.
Maybe because by their own admission progress has been abysmal. We’re not in the 1960’s. The fact focus is on hospitality areas over match day experience for those less fortunate shames all of us

Two birds, one stone. It would solve both issues if they could plan and complete these issues together.
For someone like me and I'm sure many others it would be great if they could increase capacity. Fans like myself struggle to get tickets as the majority of the seats are taken by ST. This is not a bad thing but when you've got a waiting list of roughly 13000 and the purchasing going down in the tiers like it does being part of My Gers doesn't make much of a difference a lot of the time. Also as it's been pointed out numerous times, the ticket office/ website are shocking.
Where are you getting ‘waiting list of 13,000’? There were folk getting STs on basically just their MyGers joining points in the last two Summers. That’s folk looking for single seats of course.

The majority of fans that want safe standing are unlikely to give up a perfectly good seat elsewhere to move to a seat in the BF on the off chance that they can stand in an area that's designated as all seater. They'd move if they knew it was an official ss area but not until it is.

Why does it have to be official? If the determination is there for standing, then there is an option available.

The arguments thus far haven't had much response from the Club. Maybe an illustration of it in action will have them reconsider.

Why does it have to be official? If the determination is there for standing, then there is an option available.

The arguments thus far haven't had much response from the Club. Maybe an illustration of it in action will have them reconsider.

Its not a very good option. Give up your seat to get another seat in the hope that you can stand and the stewards wont challenge you. No thanks.

We should %^*& the press down to the bottom of the Enclosure and put our disabled fans in their place along the main stand.

Would obviously cost a bit of cash to extend it out as I assume it’s quite tight.

Where are you getting ‘waiting list of 13,000’? There were folk getting STs on basically just their MyGers joining points in the last two Summers. That’s folk looking for single seats of course.
So there isn't a waiting list that long? That's great news then, it was what I was told by a fellow blue, I just assumed it was true. Thanks for the correction.
I'd be looking for 2 together

Standing is an expense we dont need. What we do need is wheel chair area which properly looks after our disabled fans and also decent toilets in all parts of the ground.
Also if we can increase capacity even by a small number will help with income.
Some quality food for half time would be plus.
I may watch from hospitality but I did spend many years leaning against a crush barrier with toilets that were a joke and although improved we need to go further to make a visit to Ibrox a better experience (keeping winning also helps of course)
The experience in the EE re toilets and food service is appalling. These issues get overlooked for sponsors/fatcats. Disabled seem an inconvenience too

We should %^*& the press down to the bottom of the Enclosure and put our disabled fans in their place along the main stand.

Would obviously cost a bit of cash to extend it out as I assume it’s quite tight.

I suspect there would be no chance of that, H&S would veto it.

So there isn't a waiting list that long? That's great news then, it was what I was told by a fellow blue, I just assumed it was true. Thanks for the correction.
I'd be looking for 2 together
Folk were getting STs on less than 100 MyGers points last two Summers mate. If it’s you and a child obviously you’d need the two together, probably in Family Stand. If it’s somebody a bit older just take whatever seats you can get and then look for seat transfers in the future. That would be my advice at least.

Folk were getting STs on less than 100 MyGers points last two Summers mate. If it’s you and a child obviously you’d need the two together, probably in Family Stand. If it’s somebody a bit older just take whatever seats you can get and then look for seat transfers in the future. That would be my advice at least.
Hes 10 so as much as I would enjoy the peace from him if he was sat with someone else, I'm sure it would be deeply frowned upon. Hahaha.
Covid may have help in them cases also where as now we are back and buzzing at the top.

Mate the toilets in the broomloan front wouldnt look out of place at a a bottom tier shithole of a ground.
I was going to say Osijek had better facilities but I’d have been lying. Would’ve illustrated the point though

Theyve obviously done the numbers and safe standing is clearly not going to be profitable. Id love it to come back. Id definitely look to move to a safe standing section if it came in, but...

We ask these guys to protect the club and make the tough decisions and i feel thats what they are doing. We are just off the back of another horrendous set of losses. Its been over a decade since we made a profit. Its my opinion the custodians of our club wish to normalise our finances before they look at what is essentially a vanity project. Patience is required on this issue.

Very positive AGM on the whole though. Very happy with the direction and leadership of the club.

Improving the matchday experience and atmosphere is a "vanity" project? Ive heard it all now.

No wonder so many piss off after 75 minutes.

Other clubs don’t have the issue of away fans potentially been placed there due to cup game requirements. We currently give them the corner but a cup game could see them given the full broomie.

It would need to be transferred to the Copland for it to work around that but then you have the issue of everyone who sits there. They ain’t gonna go ah it ok just shift me.

I would love for it but I see to many hurdles atm.

If away fans have to be given thousands of tickets then why should they automatically be given the Broomloan? Why not the Copland? Let the my seat brigade have a turn.

Which, if folk on here get the entire BF safe standing, means the Away fans get a safe standing area. I'm talking about a cup-tie where the Away club are entitled to a few thousand tickets and not the 'normal' 800. In that scenario, just BF1 wouldn't cut it (though I agree for 'normal' games I'd have Away fans there rather than in the corner).

Seems to me that for the least disruption to Rangers fans through relocating them to cater for a safe standing area that the simplest start point - it could expand later - would be the current Away corner. There's 800-1000 seats in there that the UB could relocate to without any existing season ticket holders having to move.

Seems to me the Broomloan fans are the poor relations.

Improving the matchday experience and atmosphere is a "vanity" project? Ive heard it all now.

No wonder so many piss off after 75 minutes.

Of course it is. If its not generating revenue then thats exactly what it is. Weve just posted a £23M loss mate. It might/should be re-addressed in a couple of years.

I want it as much as the next person, but the board are clearly trying to stabilise the club financially and they need to prioritise expenditure.

Of course it is. If its not generating revenue then thats exactly what it is. Weve just posted a £23M loss mate. It might/should be re-addressed in a couple of years.

I want it as much as the next person, but the board are clearly trying to stabilise the club financially and they need to prioritise expenditure.
It doesn’t take anything away from finances. Fan funding options have been offered.

Its just giving a bit back to the fans who have to have a shite matchday expierence.

I assume its enjoyable in the directors box. They should possibly try going as a disabled fan or sit on the normal seats.

It doesn’t take anything away from finances. Fan funding options have been offered.

Its just giving a bit back to the fans who have to have a shite matchday expierence.

I assume its enjoyable in the directors box. They should possibly try going as a disabled fan or sit on the normal seats.

Im not against the idea mate. Ive said that repeatedly, but rightly or wrongly the board have decided its not an immediate priority - could be theyve placed expansion above it.

Completely agree on the disabled access though mate. Its shameful thats not been addressed properly at this point. No excuses on that one.

Back