The Rangers AGM

Im not against the idea mate. Ive said that repeatedly, but rightly or wrongly the board have decided its not an immediate priority - could be theyve placed expansion above it.

Completely agree on the disabled access though mate. Its shameful thats not been addressed properly at this point. No excuses on that one.
I’d hazard a wee guess the whole ‘it doesn’t make us money’ theory for no safe standing, is the same reason for the lack of disabled access.

I have shares but couldn’t attend today, just watched it on Rangers YouTube. I’m not for or against safe standing so not biased in any way. Its obvious from the response that it’s a long way off, if ever happening and the board aren’t even discussing it. But I thought D Park was a bit off with his response by using the disabled access situation to dismiss safe standing being discussed. How convenient that he said they discussed disabled access at length yesterday. if they did discuss it at length it’s only because they realised they would face some tough questions on disabled facilities at the AGM and had better come up with some sort of answer. Fair enough if they arent interested in discussing safe standing, but don‘t use the disabled facilities situation as an excuse for it by saying that’s a priority when it’s not been dealt with for years.

I’d hazard a wee guess the whole ‘it doesn’t make us money’ theory for no safe standing, is the same reason for the lack of disabled access.

Possibly mate, but it shouldnt be. One is optional, the other is essential. You cant be serious about "everyone, anyone" without removing the physical barriers that prevent everyone following the club equally.

He spoke to Stewart Robertson at the end again same question and fellow fan told him to speak to his mp
Good point
As I say the walloper wasn’t even a shareholder, he was there representing his brother! An absolute weapon that publicly stated he wants Rangers to challenge the Government for his anti vax beliefs under the Everyone Anyone banner…..despite the majority of tbe support having seen the sense to be vaccinated.

Safe standing/ tip up seats could easily be put into lower section of Broomloan stand and then move the away section into eastern section of enclosure behind the touchline & under the main stand.

The current away area between Govan & Broomloan could then be used for better section for disabled fans, situated higher up in front of the hospitality area with level access from the concourse. The Borussia Dortmund yellow wall rail seating section is explained in this clip & it shows the possibility of increasing capacity with 1 seat = 1.5 standing fan which could allow 2,000+ extra fans in for Scottish league games. The seats would then be put down for any UEFA games.

For one home match, I’d like the Union Bears to come into the stadium, no drums, no flags, no singing and just sit and watch the game.

There seem to be a lot of people who don’t realise what the UB’s bring to our home games.

I’m in my 50’s now and they are a life saver in terms of atmosphere, one thing though guys cut out the UVF add on’s in songs. We can’t complain about the rhattlers and their songs, I also think that this may be a reason that the Rangers board are not looking at a central space to locate the UB’s whilst incorporating safe standing.

For all of those saying it doesn’t make a difference where the UB’s are positioned or if they’re seated or not are miles out.

The UB’s are brilliant and are deserving of all of our support. Ibrox would actually be a library if there were no UB’s.

The fans will drive the atmosphere but they need a designated area to do it from. Somewhere where they can get together with other like minded supporters.

I dont understand the desperation to block safe standing. The tims must piss themselves laughing.
Wasn’t that covered today - displacement of existing fans?

Yes. Park isn’t a great public speaker, but he’s a true Ranger, an extremely successful business man & was paramount in saving the club.

Having young blood such as these two, with their drive & energy for progression in the two most vital parts of the club, football & commerce, is a nice mix along with our chairman who cares deeply about the club.
Couldn’t agree more

Provide a breakdown then please?Unbelievable job would be securing that big multimillion sponsorship, which he hasn’t. How much you think the likes of Black Rooster are paying us?
The breakdown was provided at the AGM today mate. You’re miles off here, miles off. Club commercially performing the best it’s performed in a long time and maybe even ever.

I have shares but couldn’t attend today, just watched it on Rangers YouTube. I’m not for or against safe standing so not biased in any way. Its obvious from the response that it’s a long way off, if ever happening and the board aren’t even discussing it. But I thought D Park was a bit off with his response by using the disabled access situation to dismiss safe standing being discussed. How convenient that he said they discussed disabled access at length yesterday. if they did discuss it at length it’s only because they realised they would face some tough questions on disabled facilities at the AGM and had better come up with some sort of answer. Fair enough if they arent interested in discussing safe standing, but don‘t use the disabled facilities situation as an excuse for it by saying that’s a priority when it’s not been dealt with for years.

Serious question. You say you're neither for or against safe standing. Im assuming that means you wouldnt want to move to a safe standing area. I get that but dont you think we should all support those that do?

For one home match, I’d like the Union Bears to come into the stadium, no drums, no flags, no singing and just sit and watch the game.

There seem to be a lot of people who don’t realise what the UB’s bring to our home games.

I’m in my 50’s now and they are a life saver in terms of atmosphere, one thing though guys cut out the UVF add on’s in songs. We can’t complain about the rhattlers and their songs, I also think that this may be a reason that the Rangers board are not looking at a central space to locate the UB’s whilst incorporating safe standing.

For all of those saying it doesn’t make a difference where the UB’s are positioned or if they’re seated or not are miles out.

The UB’s are brilliant and are deserving of all of our support. Ibrox would actually be a library if there were no UB’s.
They did this a couple of years ago, I think round about February/March of Gerrard's first season - didn't sing etc for a couple of games. As expected it was like a morgue.

Two birds, one stone. It would solve both issues if they could plan and complete these issues together.
For someone like me and I'm sure many others it would be great if they could increase capacity. Fans like myself struggle to get tickets as the majority of the seats are taken by ST. This is not a bad thing but when you've got a waiting list for ST and the purchasing going down in the tiers like it does being part of My Gers doesn't make much of a difference a lot of the time. Also as it's been pointed out numerous times, the ticket office/ website are shocking.
You can get a ticket easy for any game except of firm using the seat sub on the morning of the game

Of course it is. If its not generating revenue then thats exactly what it is. Weve just posted a £23M loss mate. It might/should be re-addressed in a couple of years.

I want it as much as the next person, but the board are clearly trying to stabilise the club financially and they need to prioritise expenditure.

So you think the matchday experience isnt worth improving unless it brings in more money?

The Annual Report shows a 'facility' of £5.5m from Bennett, Johnston and Wolhardt at 6%. There's also a footnote to the Report (last page) about a further £8.5m in loans - from investors - post the reporting period.
Was the £5.5m loan not to pay off Kings loan?

Serious question. You say you're neither for or against safe standing. Im assuming that means you wouldnt want to move to a safe standing area. I get that but dont you think we should all support those that do?
Yeah that’s right. Probably worded my post wrong , I’m personally not interested in moving to safe standing but if it’s brought in somewhere in the stadium then I think it would be a good thing and I would support it.

Uvf add on ?

That’s been done before, albeit not for the full game. It’s utterly pish but I suppose it would get the message across

If they did do it you’d get posters calling them attention seekers and having a go at them if we dropped points

Does anyone know if, during the AGM the question was asked about whether we had pandemic insurance or not.
Remember some chat on here that we did have it.
However, with our posted losses, and the board citing Covid as the main problem, I take it we didn't have pandemic insurance?
Or will it take months/years for payments to materialise if we did have it?
Thanks

They’ve done that before. The sky didn’t fall in.

They do a great job but safe standing isn’t going to magically make Ibrox a ‘cauldron of noise’ - as anyone who went in the 60s will know. It will always depend on the game, how the team is doing generally etc.

What I didnt understand was one of the disabled fan complaining about the view in the enclosure (fair enough) but he then said he was in the Govan stand for the Rangers colts v Wrexham game?

Why can't he be in the Govan any other time?

What I didnt understand was one of the disabled fan complaining about the view in the enclosure (fair enough) but he then said he was in the Govan stand for the Rangers colts v Wrexham game?

Restricted access. Probably done on a rotation basis.

As I say the walloper wasn’t even a shareholder, he was there representing his brother! An absolute weapon that publicly stated he wants Rangers to challenge the Government for his anti vax beliefs under the Everyone Anyone banner…..despite the majority of tbe support having seen the sense to be vaccinated.
Looked and sounded like one of those extinction rebellion wanks. Never a Rangers fan.

Its pathetic that this is still being blocked years after Celtic introduced it.

Perhaps the club should introduce rover tickets for the whole of the BF for a season to get ST holders used to the idea that the seat does not belong to them. The following year the stand would then convert to safe standing with rover tickets still being used.

Its pathetic that this needs to be done but that's Rangers for you.
Go and take a look at the vlog by the millwall supporter posted on here about his trip to Ibrox please.

Listening to Robertson go on about having disabled parking spaces in the stadium footprint brought back some bitter, upsetting memories. I was offered a space place behind the Broomloan. The first time I tried to use it, for the first European match since 2012 at home to Progres, the space I had been allocated to my Son’s WAV was occupied, according to the steward, by a ‘Rangers Director’. The last time I tried to use it, against Hearts the same season, a 0-0 home draw, I couldn’t get into the car park at all on the orders of David Martin, an ex cop and Rangers security chief who had unilaterally that day decided to order no one got in past a certain time. A combination of getting my Boys at a certain time that day and being held up in traffic on the M74, I arrived at the stadium in plenty of time but unfortunately just after Mr Martin’s curfew (that he had decided upon that day without informing anyone affected in advance). He watched me behind his desk on a camera as I remonstrated with the police and stewards and refused to speak to me on the day despite being asked to by the staff. When I called Mr Martin about it he hung the phone up on me in the middle of me trying to explain what happened. Stewart Robertson was well aware of those incidents and another incident involving the filth in the Broomloan Stand making gestures at my late Son during the OF game in late December 2016. He did nothing about any of it and attempted to humiliate me instead by trying insinuate it was all my fault. I still have the evidence to back all of the above up (there were also other adults in my car on both occasions with car park) and could easily have went running to the press but refused to publicly badmouth the club. More than those 2 deserved in all honesty. There were other times when we treated shabbily by the club but as I say these 2 regarding the car park I mentioned above were prompted by what Mr Robertson said about the stadium footprint car parking spaces yesterday. 2 very unpleasant individuals who should be nowwhere near Rangers in my opinion (if Mr Martin still is, since my 10 year old Son died I tried to put what happened behind me and concentrate on following my team).

Last edited:
Listening to Robertson go on about having disabled parking spaces in the stadium footprint brought back some bitter, upsetting memories. I was offered a space place behind the Broomloan. The first time I tried to use it, for the first European match since 2012 at home to Progres, the space I had been allocated to my Son’s WAV was occupied, according to the steward, by a ‘Rangers Director’. The last time I tried to use it, against Hearts the same season, a 0-0 home draw, I couldn’t get into the car park at all on the orders of David Martin, an ex cop and Rangers security chief who had unilaterally that day decided to order no one got in past a certain time. A combination of getting my Boys at a certain time that day and being held up in traffic on the M74, I arrived at the stadium in plenty of time but unfortunately just after Mr Martin’s curfew (that he had decided upon that day without informing anyone affected in advance). He watched me behind his desk on a camera as I remonstrated with the police and stewards and refused to speak to me on the day despite being asked to by the staff. When I called Mr Martin about it he hung the phone up on me in the middle of me trying to explain what happened. Stewart Robertson was well aware of those incidents and another incident involving the filth in the Broomloan Stand making gestures at my late Son during the OF game in late December 2016. He did nothing about any of it and attempted to humiliate me instead by trying insinuate it was all my fault. I still have the evidence to back all of the above up (there were also other adults in my car on both occasions with car park) and could easily have went running to the press but refused to publicly badmouth the club. More than those 2 deserved in all honesty. There were other times when we treated shabbily by the club but as I say these 2 regarding the car park I mentioned above were prompted by what Mr Robertson said about the stadium footprint car parking spaces yesterday. 2 very unpleasant individuals who should be nowwhere near Rangers in my opinion (if Mr Martin still is, since my 10 year old Son died I tried to put what happened behind me and concentrate on following my team).

Really sorry to hear all of this.

I'll hold my hands up and be honest that although I've heard/read things about the poor matchday experience for our disabled support, either through it not affecting me, ignorance or just sheer selfishness I've not been vocal about it.

I am in favor of safe standing, but after reading yourself and other disabled supporters comments on their matchday experience, we really need to park the safe standing chat for now, and we should all be looking to ensure the club makes substantial, quick improvements for our disabled supporters.

I'll hold my hands up and be honest that although I've heard/read things about the poor matchday experience for our disabled support, either through it not affecting me, ignorance or just sheer selfishness I've not been vocal about it.

I am in favor of safe standing, but after reading yourself and other disabled supporters comments on their matchday experience, we really need to park the safe standing chat for now, and we should all be looking to ensure the club makes substantial, quick improvements for our disabled support.
The problem is, based on the response to the question, if we are to improve the disabled facilities and add more places, it means that we’d need to reduce our capacity

The club are losing £ and we’re actively trying to increase income through all possible avenues. In my opinion it would be negligent to reduce capacity (minimum £500 a ST) to add more disabled places in our current position

The only way I can see it happening is if we increase capacity but until we do, I just can’t see how the club was feasibly do it.

so sorry to hear this and loss of ur son

Does that matter? His health may be up and down. Not every wheelchair user is in it constantly. Or less fans can take chair to a seat in the rear of the front.

I think the guy in question is a companion for a disabled fan. So maybe for that game the disabled fan he takes didn’t go so he was able to sit himself elsewhere in the stadium? (That’s how I interpret it anyway)

The main stand wasn't opened if I remember correctly

That's completely unacceptable and bang out of order from the club.

Sorry to hear about your loss too mate.

not if it means that other bears will be forced into a move that they dont want. Why support some and not others?

I am in favor of safe standing, but after reading yourself and other disabled supporters comments on their matchday experience, we really need to park the safe standing chat for now, and we should all be looking to ensure the club makes substantial, quick improvements for our disabled supporters.
The thing is mate, and maybe I’m just being cynical here, but it feels like Safe Standing is being put on the back burner and updating facilities for disabled fans, which should have been done a long time ago, is being used as the excuse. Nobody’s going to argue against updating the disabled fans facilities in principal. As I said, maybe I’m just being cynical but Stewart Robertson gave not one hoot about at least one disabled fan, my Son, back in 2017 and on other occasions throughout the years. The man was a disgrace over that and I’ve never liked him since, not that that makes any difference I suppose haha

The problem is, based on the response to the question, if we are to improve the disabled facilities and add more places, it means that we’d need to reduce our capacity

The club are losing £ and we’re actively trying to increase income through all possible avenues. In my opinion it would be negligent to reduce capacity (minimum £500 a ST) to add more disabled places in our current position

The only way I can see it happening is if we increase capacity but until we do, I just can’t see how the club was feasibly do it.
I disagree bud, it should have been sorted out decades ago and should be a priority. I don’t think it will be though.

Back