The Rangers Blackout collection

My biggest issue with Castore is the amount of options they release but unless you buy at launch the re stocking is the issue

I’ve tried to get the Golf range 3/4 zipper but it’s only available in huge sizes

I also got the limited addition white polo but the blue buttons leaked onto the white polo even before I wore it and tried to re order but no more stock

Castore release too many ranges and don’t re stock properly

They really need to reduce the ranges and increase the availability

Quality issues still haunt the brand and after the frenzy of last year and limited manufacturing time and Covid it’s not really been sorted

The club should be insisting Castore limit the new ranges and improve quality and availability
Good shout, I've not personally had any poor products yet but I've seen enough on here to know it does happen.

The blackout better be good quality Order on its way....:)

£68 for a hoodie, £50 for a polo, £35 for a beanie hat?
Jesus F#ck... :oops: They really do hold us supporters in contempt..

It amazes me that so many folk on here are outraged by the price of certain items of clothing that Castore release.

Walk into the Fred Perry store in Glasgow, Levis on Buchanan Street and End Clothing and you'll probably need an ambulance phoned for you when you see the prices in there.

3 items? A collection? I’m happy with the wide range of options/collections, but I just don’t really like it trust any of them for the prices.

£68 for a hoodie, £50 for a polo, £35 for a beanie hat?
Jesus F#ck... :oops: They really do hold us supporters in contempt..
Agreed. The hoodie for example looks decent until you zoom in and then it looks like a £20 hoodie with a Rangers badge on it.
I like the Castore caps, but why don’t they have any Rangers branded ones? Could be the scroll badge with castore off to the side. I personally think it is all over priced for what it is.

For all the moaners….

Just be thankful.
For getting the pish ripped out of us, aye see what you mean.

Can't wait to see the back of Del boy and Rodney.

We gave the Beahon's a platform and now they don't even recognise us on their home page.

Aye, just be thankful.

Not having a go at you G1, but goodness, the Beahon's are taking us for a ride.......

It amazes me that so many folk on here are outraged by the price of certain items of clothing that Castore release.

Walk into the Fred Perry store in Glasgow, Levis on Buchanan Street and End Clothing and you'll probably need an ambulance phoned for you when you see the prices in there.
Or look on the Newcastle site or the Wolves one and check their prices.

Fred Perry and Levi's clothing's much better than Castore goods. Their stuff's generic clothing with a Castore logo papped on it.

Good to see the range expanding in time for Christmas.

Castore can't do right for doing wrong on here, no matter what they do.
I think some of their stuff is ok, mostly over priced, but they’re here to supply football kits and in all honesty they’ve all been rubbish, bar last years home one.

My biggest issue with Castore is the amount of options they release but unless you buy at launch the re stocking is the issue

I’ve tried to get the Golf range 3/4 zipper but it’s only available in huge sizes

I also got the limited addition white polo but the blue buttons leaked onto the white polo even before I wore it and tried to re order but no more stock

Quality issues still haunt the brand and after the frenzy of last year and limited manufacturing time and Covid it’s not really been sorted

The club should be insisting Castore limit the new ranges and improve quality and availability
It’s a complete cash grab by Castore. The evidence of this was the latest European Matchday range where they swapped out the red cord for a blue one on the black/red track pants and shorts.

I’d rather put my money into a project that improves my matchday experience. £150 towards Edmiston House or 3 overpriced polo shirts.

I think people forget the club get a share of the price so it will also have a factor on cost of items.

You'll probably realise that even folk earning £40/50k (and I'm being presumptive here) still baulk at that.

I'd gladly pay for quality but our Castore gear vs AMC is not the same; we've had Fruit of the Loom and School gear papped off

This is what real blackout gear should look like.

rangers-blackout-kit-2019-20%2B%25282%2529.jpg

£50 for a polo with a printed on badge is over priced, don't care what anyone says. Over priced and yet looks cheap. Embroidered then you'd have a case.

I'd love to see some of these old guys clobber :))
I can buy a good quality polo shirt from my Supporters Club for £20.00 and the badge is stitched not stuck on. Why should I buy a polo shirt for twice that price from Castore just because they've stuck a Rangers badge on it? As for clobber, us older gents have been buying quality whilst you young whippersnappers were still in Pampers.B-D

I can buy a good quality polo shirt from my Supporters Club for £20.00 and the badge is stitched not stuck on. Why should I buy a polo shirt for twice that price from Castore just because they've stuck a Rangers badge on it? As for clobber, us older gents have been buying quality whilst you young whippersnappers were still in Pampers.B-D

It's probably a fruit of the loom polo from your supporters club :))

Cheap shite :)

The price of the baby bibs etc is just disgusting. If you were to look at ashleys Rangers tat and castores the similarities are scary.

It's probably a fruit of the loom polo from your supporters club :))

Cheap shite :)
They are cheap but at the price I pay they're value for money. My argument is that too many items in the Castore range are not value for money. But I concede that we all have different criteria when measuring what is or isn't value for money.

Doesn't look like their is much difference from the black out t-shirt I got last season to this seasons one apart from last seasons being actually blacked out.

They are cheap but at the price I pay they're value for money. My argument is that too many items in the Castore range are not value for money. But I concede that we all have different criteria when measuring what is or isn't value for money.

If the club are making money its value for money for me mate :))

Doesn't look like their is much difference from the black out t-shirt I got last season to this seasons one apart from last seasons being actually blacked out.
I got the black out polo from last season and it’s the only decent item I’ve bought out of about seven tops/T-shirt’s/hoodies.

As you say, lasts year black out was truly blackout, and the RFC crest was made of rubber, rather than just a stick on transfer, which gave it a wee bit more of a quality feel.

Considering the anniversary top, but in the back of my mind I just can’t help but feel I might be disappointed, again!

What brands of clothing do you guys buy if you think that £50 for a polo and £45 for a t shirt is a joke?

Mate how much do you earn if you think £50 quid for a polo is standard?

Tops in Uniqlo and the likes are about £15-20 I think.

This thread is hilarious.

Is “embroidered” the new follow follow buzz word & a guarantee of quality in mens garments these days?

Mate how much do you earn if you think £50 quid for a polo is standard?

Tops in Uniqlo and the likes are about £15-20 I think.
I wouldn't say it was standard but I would spend that on a polo shirt if it was something I liked.

I buy heaps of stuff from Uniqlo. Sporty style t shirts for work, shorts, jeans, couple jackets and a few other bits. I'd love for one of them to open up in Montrose. Actually discovered them when I was in Hong Kong a few years ago and always check the website when I'm needing jeans or something.

This thread is hilarious.

Is “embroidered” the new follow follow buzz word & a guarantee of quality in mens garments these days?
the 'I can buy a £20 polo from my RSC' post was my favourite. Fruit of the Loom bright blue* polo WITH STITCHING = quality.

I do agree that there are far too many Castore ranges and maybe they should try ironing out some issues first... But it'll be a cold day in hell before I take price point arguments from strangers online who seem to buy all their clothes from the middle isle of Aldi.

(£50 a polo and £68 a hoodie isn't a million miles off market price)

*Luminous Orange also available.

When Castore was first announced all we read about was the quality going by there golf range.

I don’t wear football gear but last year the orange/grey training/coaching top caught my eye and as per the multiple threads the lettering fell apart but I’m not blaming castore, I don’t treat any other tops with kid gloves I wasn’t about to start with my glorified jammies if you will.

This year it’s the blue/white training top and probably the anniversary top aswell but as for the casual/leisure wear I think it all looks terrible, cheap and tacky very much fruit of the loom like with big hideous iron on transfers. I’m by no means a clothing snob but for the way they were praised for their other lines I think what we’ve got (strips & training aside) leaves a lot to be desired.

Some of the best things about it for me, the number in the range, new releases, special editions, limited editions.
Granted the business model of "if you're not fast you're last" isn't great for fans but we aren't dealing with a Nike/Adidas where they can sit upon mountains and mountains of stock they'll struggle to sell, the good will always outweigh the bad based on the fact money is finally going to our club. It shouldn't cover all of the bumps in quality and service but it does make some of the smaller issues passable

When Castore was first announced all we read about was the quality going by there golf range.

I don’t wear football gear but last year the orange/grey training/coaching top caught my eye and as per the multiple threads the lettering fell apart but I’m not blaming castore, I don’t treat any other tops with kid gloves I wasn’t about to start with my glorified jammies if you will.

This year it’s the blue/white training top and probably the anniversary top aswell but as for the casual/leisure wear I think it all looks terrible, cheap and tacky very much fruit of the loom like with big hideous iron on transfers. I’m by no means a clothing snob but for the way they were praised for their other lines I think what we’ve got (strips & training aside) leaves a lot to be desired.
Where we not 4th biggest kit sellers in the UK? The units shifted on the kits alone will be huge

Back