The Rangers Brain Fart

Truelightblue

What is it with the last 20 mins and Rangers forgetting how to play football. Am I being harsh?

It seemed Barisic went back to his old ways of passing backwards when in the last quarter we should have been pushing for a goal.

Kent was the only player that did that and ran at the defence trying to make something.

PSV defence is shit and we did not challenge it enough otherwise we would have won.

We are lucky we didn't concede another goal during the brain fart moments we had.

All to play for and going to have to be much more attacking and creative away to PSV.

I think we tired, made probably the wrong subs and they started pressing all over us. Davis gave us an outball constantly and we lost that when he went off.

Quite the take to say their defence is “shit”

Don’t think Barisic had a lot of choice towards the end, they pressed well and we were clearly persisting with trying to pass out from the back rightly or wrongly.

They’re a good team, better set piece defending we’d have edged it but we can’t complain with the result

Don’t think Barisic had a lot of choice towards the end, they pressed well and we were clearly persisting with trying to pass out from the back rightly or wrongly.

They’re a good team, better set piece defending we’d have edged it but we can’t complain with the result
They were clearly trying to get BB to turn inside onto his right foot, our movement in the 2nd half was nothing like the first because PSV worked out that we lacked pace so they could press right up the park. Hence the Scott Wright sub.

What is it with the last 20 mins and Rangers forgetting how to play football. Am I being harsh?

It seemed Barisic went back to his old ways of passing backwards when in the last quarter we should have been pushing for a goal.

Kent was the only player that did that and ran at the defence trying to make something.

PSV defence is shit and we did not challenge it enough otherwise we would have won.

We are lucky we didn't concede another goal during the brain fart moments we had.

All to play for and going to have to be much more attacking and creative away to PSV.
We looked dead on our feet.
Complete opposite of tail end of last season.

Wonder how big a miss Gerrards famous pre season is?

Maybe I expect better from Rangers and believe they are a better side than PSV. I felt they could have really opened that defence up, but they didn't - maybe that was down to some fatigue as others are saying. Tired legs and tired minds then..

PSV have a good attack on them, but I still maintain their defence is weak and it would have been exposed as pants if Rangers were able to take advantage, which they have the potential to do

It took Kent 91 minutes to contribute anything to the game. Barasic was getting hung out to dry in the last 10 minutes as no one would show for the ball.

It was a proper game of football, with a massive bonus at stake … they are a fùcking decent team, and we matched them most of the game… I’m cool with the score , we will score over there …

I think we tired, made probably the wrong subs and they started pressing all over us. Davis gave us an outball constantly and we lost that when he went off.
Davis was visibly fading and a few passes were starting to go astray although given his age that shouldn't come as a surprise. This was also happening with Tillman but to a lesser extent. That being the case I can understand Kamara coming on.

Although it sounds harsh, I just don't get the Wright decison at all. He offers nothing at this level and our night was complete and his finally summed up with the decision not to whip the ball in with 30 seconds left on the clock.

In summing up, we were unlucky with the goal we lost in the first half and got a major break with our second. They also showed how much of a fight we'll have on our hands next week.

It took Kent 91 minutes to contribute anything to the game. Barasic was getting hung out to dry in the last 10 minutes as no one would show for the ball.
I don't think it did tbh.. he made some decent runs towards and past their defence. He didn't have the best game but he was attack minded.

It's true nobody really stuck their neck out for Barisic but same can pretty much be said almost every throw in we had - nobody wanted it.

With that kind of performance and we still drew. I'm not breaking Rangers' balls, I'm trying to say they are much better than this, all of them

It was PSV we were playing, not East Fife. There were always going to be stages of the game where we struggled because we are up against top quality players. It happened more than I would have liked in the second half, but for all of that I only remember them cutting us open once.

The famous pre season? Can you not remember how crap we started last season and how far off the pace we were?
I'm talking about fitness levels mate.
Gerrards and his coaching staffs pre season session were pretty brutal.
And it made us a very fit team.
Was nothing to do.with us starting last season shite.

They gifted us a goal and we gifted them 2 goals
Overall we can't complain with 2-2 & whilst it is now going to be a tough ask we are still well in this tie.
I hope that we nullify their No.6 2nd leg as I think if we do that we can do it
2nd half our midfield sat far too near the defence so there was no real out-ball
I'm not sure why that happened but that's where our problems came from

We’ve lost a lot of physicality with Aribo and Bassey being away.

Need to get some bulk onto Sands, Lawrence and Matondo.

We looked dead on our feet.
Complete opposite of tail end of last season.

Wonder how big a miss Gerrards famous pre season is?
I didn’t know there was such a thing as Gerrard’s famous pre season, but I do know that we looked leggy and lethargic at the start of last season - and look how we were at the end.

The famous pre season? Can you not remember how crap we started last season and how far off the pace we were?
Correct. We were absolutely shocking this time last year, and it went on into at least September. If the Rangers of August 2021 had turned up to play PSV today, the tie would be over.

I'm talking about fitness levels mate.
Gerrards and his coaching staffs pre season session were pretty brutal.
And it made us a very fit team.
Was nothing to do.with us starting last season shite.
Our fitness levels were commented on quite a lot at the start of last season and how poor our pre season was.

You are not being harsh, just attention seeking

Back