The Rangers Chaplain, Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie - expelled from Club 1872

mdingwall

Administrator
The club Chaplain, Rev Stuart MacQuarrie, also a former director of Club 1872, received a 6 page document expelling him on Friday at 5.00 pm. No prior notification was received from the Board of Club 1872 that this matter was under consideration

The expulsion letter mostly relates to Club 1872’s sending an email unauthorised by the Board to Castore, more than 12 months ago. Rangers viewed this so seriously they considered a breach of confidence had taken place.

There is a 14 day period in which “written representations” may be made to the Board. Presumably this would be to the same people who took the decision to expel the Chaplain.

Last edited:
It’s very obvious that c1872 will do as they please, and to hell with proper procedure and protocols.

No greasing up, no wetting of anything, just straight into ramming it into as many people as they possibly can.

Very clearly turning into a rogue organisation .

The previous thread highlighted how much of an issue it was that the letter had been sent to Castore and the question of the NDA.

Did he send the email? If so I would expect action to be taken no?

Ffs. Does these fuds not have half a brain between them? How is it going to look when you get SD o t try his to a chaplain, the Rangers one no less.

There is no way they should be in charge of a coffee morning m, never mind millions of pounds worth of shares.

Cancelling my dd. Can’t be arsed with this anymore .Charlatans
As I said several times yesterday on another thread. Depending upon your type of membership ceasing contributions may lose you your vote. That could be crucial. The only way to effect change is via a vote. It will come. Only a matter of time. So think carefully before cancelling DD/SOs.

I’m at the stage now that I’m gonna put my monthly donation down to the bare minimum.The directors have to step away now.Its went too far and we’ve now crossed rubicon.

Easy for me to say this but we really need our prominent podcasts and blogs covering these events now.

If any other shareholder was acting like this we would have major concerns.

Acting slyly and under the cover of secrecy is doing those in charge of Club 1872 and whoever is pulling their strings from above or from the side absolutely no favours whatsoever.

Do they have any idea how devious, petty and ridiculous they're coming across as ?

As I said several times yesterday on another thread. Depending upon your type of membership ceasing contributions may lose you your vote. That could be crucial. The only way to effect change is via a vote. It will come. Only a matter of time. So think carefully before cancelling DD/SOs.
In fairness, how could anyone now trust their vote to count to these blazer chasers?

Is part of the big problem that Dave King has backed them and as a result they now think they are untouchable?
Maybe he should look for another buyer

Unless there are some substantial changes at C1872, Dave King will have to look elsewhere if he wants to sell his shares. Right now, I don't see C1872 as being able to raise the money required.

I was of the impression the good reverend had already left , he certainly warned us all that the current state of affairs wasn’t good .

utterly disgraceful to hear he’s been treated this way

I stopped my payments a while back, but if I hadn't already, I definitely would now.*

*after utilising my voting rights

I don't know the ins and outs of what has gone on, but what I have seen of late is saddening and embarrassing in equal measure.

Why must there always be in-fighting amongst our support.

Back