The Rangers Doorstep Celebration plan

For some reason in my head I had the idea of loads of people releasing red white and blue helium balloons.

Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of people doing that all over the country. What a sight it would be.
That would be amazing tbh mate, a right good blue take on Nena's '99 Red Baloons' (who thought of Tianemen Square when writing it).
Might get blue, white, red balloons coz you've said it man, cheers haha.

I say a majority or good amount of us who have them, let off fireworks at 5.55 along with the NHS -Rip off clap at the door (to funny to not do). Ive got flags and a few fireworks, but struggling for red ones. Don't know if anybody else is struggling to find the right pyros.

Anyway got the right T-shirts to start with so..

I am planning to have Two large number 5's filled with helium, then some LED battery operated white lights cellotaped around the 5 shape, and released when dark.
Love it. Was thinking the same with the 55 balloons. Helium though? Possible to get?

Probably not the Thames but I will be on a canal somewhere. Wherever I am I intend to find some Bears and celebrate properly. Unfortunately the London RSC has had to defer its 60th anniversary celebrations which included our annual boat trip down the Thames.
What’s likely to be happening in Neilston??
I'm in London mate. I'll be looking to meet London bears for a celebration. I'm based at Woolwich barracks.

Love it. Was thinking the same with the 55 balloons. Helium though? Possible to get.
There is a shop in Saltcoats local to me who charges you either 50p or a£1 to fill your balloon's.

I am also certain you can buy a small Helium filled container from party shops. When I worked in hotels we used to buy One to fill Birthday Balloon's for kids.

Card factory and argos do helium canisters, easy to fill your own large 5’s for some decorating

I'm in London mate. I'll be looking to meet London bears for a celebration. I'm based at Woolwich barracks.
Always good to hear about new Bears in the smoke. I’m not far from you; I’m in Charlton and a good Bear and drinking buddy is in Westcombe Park. Keep an eye on the London Branch Facebook page for events. We can sign you up for the London Branch next season if you like. £15 gets you a membership pack, access to our season tickets and a bunch of reprobates to drink with. Hopefully when circumstances allow we can meet up for a beer.

Always good to hear about new Bears in the smoke. I’m not far from you; I’m in Charlton and a good Bear and drinking buddy is in Westcombe Park. Keep an eye on the London Branch Facebook page for events. We can sign you up for the London Branch next season if you like. £15 gets you a membership pack, access to our season tickets and a bunch of reprobates to drink with. Hopefully when circumstances allow we can meet up for a beer.
Roger that mate.

I am planning to have Two large number 5's filled with helium, then some LED battery operated white lights cellotaped around the 5 shape, and released when dark.
hYjtBSY.gif

For some reason in my head I had the idea of loads of people releasing red white and blue helium balloons.

Can you imagine hundreds of thousands of people doing that all over the country. What a sight it would be.
%^*& it, that’s what I’m going to do

Well it's not exactly ideal is it?

It's constructive criticism, don't take it so personally.

Our guys wont be letting off our stash during daylight hours.
Only if you don't understand the actual idea, the 55 seconds and 55 time is a gimick no ones actually telling you to stop after 55 seconds and go to bed.
It's a time to start an all night party but if anyone feels they don't want to do it then that's also OK.

Last edited:
Have 60 red, white and blue balloons. 2#55 balloons, 26 ft of union jack bunting. An 8ft by 5 ft union flag and a daft idea in my head :)

I'm thinking of using the 60 balloons filled with Hellium to take my 8x5 flag up into the sky ( if possible: I'm not sure how much weight the 60 helium balloons tied together will take).
It needs to take the flag, and trail 26ft of bunting my 2 #5's are to pick up the bunting trail.

Screenshot-20210228-205709-01.jpg

Have 60 red, white and blue balloons. 2#55 balloons, 26 ft of union jack bunting. An 8ft by 5 ft union flag and a daft idea in my head :)

I'm thinking of using the 60 balloons filled with Hellium to take my 8x5 flag up into the sky ( if possible: I'm not sure how much weight the 60 helium balloons tied together will take).
It needs to take the flag, and trail 26ft of bunting my 2 #5's are to pick up the bunting trail.

Screenshot-20210228-205709-01.jpg
Love your idea.

Looks like it might be Sunday night party time, few saying they won't do it that's OK hundreds of thousands of us will from 5.55pm till the wee small hours. It's coming home x

think of the poor mentally challenged fish and dolphins!

Home Bargains sell balloons and the numbers are £4.99 each, in my local they had blue and silver ones. You can also buy a helium canister from HB for £16.99. Just used 3 for my boys birthday balloons but have some left for 55 day!
Could they not just have made it £16.90?

Back