The Rangers Effect

JamboReid1874

I have denied this to myself over the years but it’s no longer up for debate, the other clubs in the league 100% raise their game to the maximum against Rangers.

In the games since we won at Tynecastle we have shipped an outrageous number of goals, including utter capitulation against the mentally challengeds.

Kilmarnock the other case in point, they played like a team possessed on Wednesday but I would bet my salary if they had been playing Celtic, or in fact Motherwell or Aberdeen they would probably have lost in reasonably soft fashion. The fight they put up would suggest they were playing for the Champions League prize pot. The same goes for us in our own 2-1 victory. It’s frankly bewildering to me.

Celtic continue to steam roll the opposition weekly, and whilst we can make comment on the Rangers players attitudes, whether they ‘get it’ or not, referees, outside influences on certain players I.e the mhedia etc and also agree that, yes, Rangers should still be beating these teams, what exactly is it that makes the other teams play like it’s their very last game when the Bears roll into town?

The hatred in Scottish football is there for all to see and Scotland as a whole, outside the realms of the supporters of our club, would rather see them win the league, than us. Goodness, nothing like being hated by your fellow Protestants, but that's the Scotland of today, ably assisted in their hatred by the SNP.

Some people/teams are truly beyond contempt.......

Whether it's true or not, and no-one on here can say conclusively that teams raise their games against us more than they do against the bheasts by the way, it's an embarrassing cop out IMO.

No offence to the OP but Hearts have proven this season how guff a team they are and yet managed to beat us because they stopped it from becoming a game of football and instead made it a physical battle - under those conditions we crumble, and right now the bheasts don't.

The officials are a completely different matter altogether.

Whether it's true or not, and no-one on here can say conclusively that teams raise their games against us more than they do against the bheasts by the way, it's an embarrassing cop out IMO.

No offence to the OP but Hearts have proven this season how guff a team they are and yet managed to beat us because they stopped it from becoming a game of football and instead made it a physical battle - under those conditions we crumble, and right now the bheasts don't.

The officials are a completely different matter altogether.

I think you’re right about Celtic but I was trying to imply that, teams such as us (we are an abomination this season) turn it into a fight whereas it either doesn’t work against the mhanks or they don’t allow it to?

I think you’re right about Celtic but I was trying to imply that, teams such as us (we are an abomination this season) turn it into a fight whereas it either doesn’t work against the mhanks or they don’t allow it to?
The refs are sleekit, they allow every team away with roughhouse tactics against us and have two set of rules where one team can get punished as in us and literally let the opposition away with the exact same foul within the space of a couple of minutes, the mentally challengeds on the other hand, well you all know the rest

When it turns into a physical game The refs are straight out with Yellow card any time a Rangers player goes in hard. The opposition though 4 or 5 fouls before a yellow.

It’s not just a Rangers thing. All teams raise their game when playing a bigger team. It’s natural. Accies striker Ogkmpoe performs significantly better in big games - he’s scored 2 of his 5 goals this season against Celtic - and now 2 in front of a sizeable (for us) crowd at Tynecastle.

I suspect more than a few Rangers players raise their game for big European ties.

Kilmarnock fan I know put Wednesday's result all over their Facebook page, but not a thing whatsoever when they beat Hibs (I think) 3-0 the other week. We're every team's Cup Final.

It’s not just a Rangers thing. All teams raise their game when playing a bigger team. It’s natural. Accies striker Ogkmpoe performs significantly better in big games - he’s scored 2 of his 5 goals this season against Celtic - and now 2 in front of a sizeable (for us) crowd at Tynecastle.

I suspect more than a few Rangers players raise their game for big European ties.

@academical again you are the voice of reason, however your commendable performance against Celtic is symptomatic of being at the bottom and NEEDING to fight. The also-rans of Killie or Aberdeen love to put it up Rangers in a way I never see against Celtic.

Yep,

it tends to happen to all of the big teams in the big leagues, especially if the match is on tv.

By the same logic, your team has given Celtic a decent challenge, right?
Also we did have a go against them for 15 mins then collapsed after first goal, and whilst you played exceptionally well against them also lost by a few goals (red card a factor).

I’m just sick of seeing them rack up 4 and 5 every week.

Seems to be a bigger result for these diddy teams to take points off us than them. The hatred towards us from some of them is unreal.
Can’t say I’ve watched many celtic games, But don’t think these teams park the bus or defend for their life’s as much as against us.

Reactions: dmg
I knew that was coming :))

We are truly dire. And we aren’t staying up. I still can’t legislate for how well we performed against Rangers.
The way things are shaping up, one of us is going down automatically, and the other‘s in the play offs. I’d fancy you guys to pull out a result against the likes of Dundee or ICT, if it came to that. Not us. We’re done either way.

I have denied this to myself over the years but it’s no longer up for debate, the other clubs in the league 100% raise their game to the maximum against Rangers.

In the games since we won at Tynecastle we have shipped an outrageous number of goals, including utter capitulation against the mentally challengeds.

Kilmarnock the other case in point, they played like a team possessed on Wednesday but I would bet my salary if they had been playing Celtic, or in fact Motherwell or Aberdeen they would probably have lost in reasonably soft fashion. The fight they put up would suggest they were playing for the Champions League prize pot. The same goes for us in our own 2-1 victory. It’s frankly bewildering to me.

Celtic continue to steam roll the opposition weekly, and whilst we can make comment on the Rangers players attitudes, whether they ‘get it’ or not, referees, outside influences on certain players I.e the mhedia etc and also agree that, yes, Rangers should still be beating these teams, what exactly is it that makes the other teams play like it’s their very last game when the Bears roll into town?
Are you not ashamed watching your team play as they do against Rangers, however nowhere near the same effort and application against the other 10 teams in the league.
If Rangers played this way , I would stop attending as essentially the players are stealing a wage and cheating the fans, it is scandalous players think this is acceptable.

Are you not ashamed watching your team play as they do against Rangers, however nowhere near the same effort and application against the other 10 teams in the league.
If Rangers played this way , I would stop attending as essentially the players are stealing a wage and cheating the fans, it is scandalous players think this is acceptable.

I’m ashamed watching us play the way we do against other teams. Our players have been stealing a wage for much longer than this season and it’s finally coming home to roost.

Bet against any team in Scotland the game after they've beat us.
It's amazing how many times they get beat but at the end of the day most of these wee diddy club's hate Rangers more than they love their own club so most don't give a fu.ck.

We’ve been singing ‘no-one likes us, we don’t care’ for as long as I remember. Everyone hates us, the live to beat us, and would rather beat us and get relegated, than stay up.

Spot on,those teams don't have the same intensity when they come up against them, it's so obvious,but we need to get a bit more streetwise,if you like than we are,also our passing game has to be of the same intensity as it was against them,why that's disappeared is as much of a mystery as it is frustrating.

i think its valid point made earlier, teams know they can kick us off the park unpunished,that must play on the minds of our players too, doesnt excuse the capitulation on weds,must contribute to mindset that they think i could get bad injury here with no protection,

%^*& em all
We are rangers super rangers no one likes us we dont care
We hate Celtic (and every lady's front bottom else) 19th Century Terrorist bastards amd we will chase them everywhere.

There is an element of wanting Rangers scalp, we’re still the team to beat. However when we came back up Celtic started to run over all in front of them under Rodgers. At the same time teams like Hearts, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen all took points off us and continue to do so, they raise their game as they feel they can get something, whereas it’s damage limitation as they shite it from Celtic. If players “get it” they need to show that fight and consistently beat these teams. Outside poor refereeing you’d have thought Kilmarnock were fighting to stay in a title race on Wed! When we play our game we’re great to watch and will beat them all, we have to better overcome the tactics of time wasting, fouls and physical players. Show our fight back and we’d be fine!

I'm not sure about raising their game, but teams definitely play a certain way against us, especially at Ibrox, to try and get a 0-0. Aberdeen having a back 6 the other week sums this up.

In terms of teams playing better against us, Hearts are the ones that stand out. Playing out of their skin against us one week then struggling against Hamilton etc the next.

Seems to be a bigger result for these diddy teams to take points off us than them. The hatred towards us from some of them is unreal.
Can’t say I’ve watched many celtic games, But don’t think these teams park the bus or defend for their life’s as much as against us.

It’s very strange given we’re just a new club.

Teams know anything goes with regards to fouling and time wasting so take full advantage from the first whistle.

The fact we are mentally fragile and lapse into tippy tappy going nowhere football doesn’t help.

About 25-30 years ago I worked alongside a hibs season-ticket holder. I remember him saying that if hibs put in the same effort every game that they put in against Rangers they'd win much more often than they'd lose.

Giant-Killing.

When you're the most successful team in the world, the minnows will always be looking to claim your scalp. It's something those blessed with greatness, must learn to live with.

They raise their game against us because they know how much their fans hate us. Players react to the atmospheres in the ground and in the build up to games.

Loosing or drawing the games against the sheep/hearts/killie from a winning position is the most disappointing thing about it all. We should be kicking on, wether they raise their game or not. Man for man against all these teams our players are better in every position so it’s not ability, it’s mentality and attitude. Until that is changed we’ll be finishing behind the scum.

This has always been the case for as long as I can remember.

probably the same in most leagues, teams raise their game against the best sides and especially against the most successful sides in the league.

We are good enough to beat everyone in the league, consistency and belief are our problem...

Do you think the ref raises his game when he’s reffing rangers as apposed to other teams,do you think Clancy was at it the last old firm game?

It's allowed to become a fight against Rangers.

We have played Aberdeen 3 times this season, Cosgrove without question should have seen red in all 3.
He has 2 yellow cards to his name, in spite of a combined 30 fouls!

He was, of course, sent off at the piggery.
No arguments on the card, it was a red all day.
All it highlights is the approach referees have to us and them.

It would be interesting, as you would call it as a neutral, to see Hearts play us at Ibrox then the filth at the piggery consecutively.

I am in no doubt you'd be wondering why that perfectly good tackle last week had suddenly become a foul.

It's allowed to become a fight against Rangers.

We have played Aberdeen 3 times this season, Cosgrove without question should have seen red in all 3.
He has 2 yellow cards to his name, in spite of a combined 30 fouls!

He was, of course, sent off at the piggery.
No arguments on the card, it was a red all day.
All it highlights is the approach referees have to us and them.

It would be interesting, as you would call it as a neutral, to see Hearts play us at Ibrox then the filth at the piggery consecutively.

I am in no doubt you'd be wondering why that perfectly good tackle last week had suddenly become a foul.
In the game at Tynecastle we were allowed to bully Rangers.

At Killie on Wednesday it was real blood and thunder stuff from them from the word go, and the referee let the game flow which I appreciate but there comes a time when you notice certain challenges that if they were impeding Brown or Forrest it would be a foul.

Back