The Rangers family.

GinGer78

I'm not a regular poster on here but avidly read the forum daily and have done for around 18 years. But thought I'd share this wee story from yesterday!

I live 3 hours from Glasgow and have 4 kids so maybe come to 4 or 5 games a season as and when I can. Was swithering all week about going yesterday to see the gaffer play for us. Decided at 1030 to go and my 5 year old daughter wanted to come with me. She asked if Granny could come and I said I doubt she'd want to as she has no interest in football. Anyway I asked my mum and she said yes, so she was at Ibrox for the first time yesterday, at age 65!

Anyway we set off around 1115 and traffic wasn't great so we ended up getting to Ibrox around 1435. Got parked and headed for the Copland to pay at the gate. Because of the late decision to go and rushed journey I had assumed I had cash in my wallet, grabbed it out the car. Got to the Copland about 1450 to see a massive queue and thought we're going to miss kick off here. Anyway, pulled out my wallet to find it totally empty of cash. Its OK I thought, my old mum always has cash in her bag. Nope. Nothing. Queue was going down fast and it was 1455 and I was panicking saying I'll need to leave my mum and wee daughter and head away to bank to get cash and miss part of the game. That's when the guy in front of us turns round and says "I've got cash here mate, if you want to do a bank transfer I'll give you the cash". So a very hastily done bank transfer was done literally as we approached the turnstile and the guy gave me the cash. His name was Stuart and he was there with his girlfriend. We got in, climbed to the top of the Copland rear and sat down as the game kicked off. Thanks to his kindness, we didn't miss the start of the game, and most probably all the goals! If he posts in here I'd just like to say thanks again, we really are the people!

Anyway cool story bro etc etc but just thought I'd share!

I'm not a regular poster on here but avidly read the forum daily and have done for around 18 years. But thought I'd share this wee story from yesterday!

I live 3 hours from Glasgow and have 4 kids so maybe come to 4 or 5 games a season as and when I can. Was swithering all week about going yesterday to see the gaffer play for us. Decided at 1030 to go and my 5 year old daughter wanted to come with me. She asked if Granny could come and I said I doubt she'd want to as she has no interest in football. Anyway I asked my mum and she said yes, so she was at Ibrox for the first time yesterday, at age 65!

Anyway we set off around 1115 and traffic wasn't great so we ended up getting to Ibrox around 1435. Got parked and headed for the Copland to pay at the gate. Because of the late decision to go and rushed journey I had assumed I had cash in my wallet, grabbed it out the car. Got to the Copland about 1450 to see a massive queue and thought we're going to miss kick off here. Anyway, pulled out my wallet to find it totally empty of cash. Its OK I thought, my old mum always has cash in her bag. Nope. Nothing. Queue was going down fast and it was 1455 and I was panicking saying I'll need to leave my mum and wee daughter and head away to bank to get cash and miss part of the game. That's when the guy in front of us turns round and says "I've got cash here mate, if you want to do a bank transfer I'll give you the cash". So a very hastily done bank transfer was done literally as we approached the turnstile and the guy gave me the cash. His name was Stuart and he was there with his girlfriend. We got in, climbed to the top of the Copland rear and sat down as the game kicked off. Thanks to his kindness, we didn't miss the start of the game, and most probably all the goals! If he posts in here I'd just like to say thanks again, we really are the people!

Great story but you never told us if your mum enjoyed the game and the experience?

I love the fact that you are willing to expose more people to the Ibrox experience.
To me this is a vital duty we all should share so well done.
As for your mum, well no one is too old.
Now she needs to learn all the songs. ;)

Your welcome it was nothing chief

That’s what the rangers family is all about and what makes us different to them and to everyone else. Now more than ever we have got to show the rest of the world that we are different, we are behind the club, we are behind our players, manager and our board and all of of people. F the media and what they’ve got to say!

PS - I hope your mother enjoyed her first game at Ibrox.

Absolutely brilliant story should send it to the media see if they would run with it. Sorry was in dreamland for a moment there, to much of a positive story

Last edited:
That is am amazing thing that that gentleman Stuart did for you! And you deserve it for the effort you made to get there in time. Am glad your mum enjoyed it. I sat beside a lovely lady, whose son was at Ibrox for his first ever visit. The wee fella's face was a picture! WATP,

Why can't you just let it be,if you don't like it?that was FACT,last season.and demonstrates the difference between us and them.

Great story but you never told us if your mum enjoyed the game and the experience?

I love the fact that you are willing to expose more people to the Ibrox experience.
To me this is a vital duty we all should share so well done.
As for your mum, well no one is too old.
Now she needs to learn all the songs. ;)
Well, she keeps a very detailed diary, and on the way in she's said "maybe I'll just write my diary during the game". The diary stayed in the bag the whole game, and she must have asked me who every player was, why Liverpool got a throw in when they put the ball I out (they didn't!) and also said the bald guy (Hutton) was very quick! She watched the whole game, I wouldnt say its something she'd go to very often, but I asked her earlier what she thought and she said it was a lot different to what she was expecting! And obviously the topic of this story amazed her too!

Ps. I even got her age wrong, she's actually 67!!

Last edited:
Well, she keeps a very detailed diary, and on the way in she's said "maybe I'll just write my diary during the the game". The diary stayed in the bag the whole game, and she must have asked me who every player was, why Liverpool got a throw in when they put the ball I out (they didn't!) and also said the bald guy (Hutton) was very quick! She watched the whole game, I wouldnt say its something she'd go to very often, but I asked her earlier what she thought and she said it was a lot different to what she was expecting! And obviously the topic of this story amazed her too!

Good, it appears she enjoyed a new experience.
That is often what makes life wonderful.
Additionally, it is one she shared with younger members of her family which is itself priceless.

Well, she keeps a very detailed diary, and on the way in she's said "maybe I'll just write my diary during the game". The diary stayed in the bag the whole game, and she must have asked me who every player was, why Liverpool got a throw in when they put the ball I out (they didn't!) and also said the bald guy (Hutton) was very quick! She watched the whole game, I wouldnt say its something she'd go to very often, but I asked her earlier what she thought and she said it was a lot different to what she was expecting! And obviously the topic of this story amazed her too!

She is 66 for two years, we Don't do 6* lol

Back