The Rangers News

Bishybear30

This was something I got ever week from around 10 right up until it stopped going to print.

Used to love getting this, especially during preseason where you’d get interviews from the new players before anywhere else.

Obviously with the new digital age papers and magazines are becoming obsolete but, is there anyone in the know that could tell me it it ever made money? I always wondered what the sales numbers would have been like and if it was just me that got it every week lol.

Also miss not being able to cover their two bob pedoview with ours when out at the shops. This was a must every trip to Morrison’s:))

Used to love the Rangers news, my bedroom
Was covered in the poster page of the players, it was the Souness era and I remember the questions and answer page from the players. Was a great read.

I was asking about programmes for next season yesterday and this come up,someone said we didn’t make money from it but I can’t see how.looks like the club programme may go the same way as the news

i used to buy them all the time. I remember when the club used to make the rangers news in a big newspaper form too. My bedroom was covered in posters of rangers players during the 90's until they stopped print.

I always put The Rangers News in front of their paedo paper. Now I cover their rag with The Horse and Hound or some other publucation.

Always raises a smile if another bear has beaten me to it :cool:

i
Used to love the Rangers news, my bedroom
Was covered in the poster page of the players, it was the Souness era and I remember the questions and answer page from the players. Was a great read.
I used to cut out different action pictures of the players then sellotape them together in order then stick them on my wall.McCloy,Jardine,Mathieson,Greig etc.
Think I only had about two different ones of Willie Mathieson,they always seemed to use the same picture of him

Loved it when I was a kid. There was a club magazine (monthly I think) about 8 or 9 years about I think that was decent as well but didn't last that long.

I got given a subscription for the Rangers Monthly as a Xmas present one year, I thought it was brilliant. Kinda had a bit of a fanzine element to it, more humour than the Rangers News etc.

Highlight of week was heading down to the newsagents after school to receive the pre ordered Rangers News on a Tuesday if I remember and think it was about 50/60p, bedroom was a blue sea of the centrefold player posters, loved the old Rangers News in Newspaper form.

Loved the Rangers News. Back in the late 90s early 00s I would send my granny up to Asda to get me it the morning it came out so it was there for me getting home from school .

NO matter who was the poster it was always going up.

My old maths teacher William Walker use to do the quiz. Always remember going into school and asking him what next weeks questions would be haha.

I got given a subscription for the Rangers Monthly as a Xmas present one year, I thought it was brilliant. Kinda had a bit of a fanzine element to it, more humour than the Rangers News etc.

Absolutely. Think that was probably because Andrew Dickson etc, although working for the club, were massive bears as well.

I always put The Rangers News in front of their paedo paper. Now I cover their rag with The Horse and Hound or some other publucation.

Always raises a smile if another bear has beaten me to it :cool:
I didn’t know there rag was still going !
But this a great persuit, it’s up there with putting their birthday cakes in with the potatoes ay Asda ;)

Back