From the book, The foreword by John F. Wilson, O.B.E Chairman, 1962/63
plus the editor Willie Allison....
start of the book, enjoy Bears

2eul8hk.jpg

2dwgksg.jpg

2en1btw.jpg

rvxf80.jpg

2chp4j7.jpg

Nothing has changed about what it takes to be a Rangers player. With the exception of Jim Forrest and Alex Willoughby, sadly very few of the 1962-63 reserves made their mark.

The young fair haired Denis Setterington in the front row, I think he was still in team pictures when I was old enough to notice.
Was he a reserve for a long time?

2eul8hk.jpg

2dwgksg.jpg

2en1btw.jpg

rvxf80.jpg

2chp4j7.jpg

2eul8hk.jpg

2dwgksg.jpg

2en1btw.jpg

rvxf80.jpg

2chp4j7.jpg
1962 10 years old and as a relative of

2eul8hk.jpg

2dwgksg.jpg

2en1btw.jpg

rvxf80.jpg

2chp4j7.jpg
10 years old and as a relative of Willy Waddle I often acted as ballboy at Rangers Games. On occasions travelling to their away games on the coach with the players.
I had a copy of this book as soon as it was published and took it on the coach with me. A competition then started between the players to see who had the most pictures to sign in my book. I can't remember who won but I did end up with the book having every players image with their autograph on it.
Unfortunately as a family we moved the next year to Birmingham and when money became tight my dad had to sell my book to support us.
So somewhere out there someone has a unique copy with every players picture autographed.
Anyone own up?

1962 10 years old and as a relative of

10 years old and as a relative of Willy Waddle I often acted as ballboy at Rangers Games. On occasions travelling to their away games on the coach with the players.
I had a copy of this book as soon as it was published and took it on the coach with me. A competition then started between the players to see who had the most pictures to sign in my book. I can't remember who won but I did end up with the book having every players image with their autograph on it.
Unfortunately as a family we moved the next year to Birmingham and when money became tight my dad had to sell my book to support us.
So somewhere out there someone has a unique copy with every players picture autographed.
Anyone own up?
That would've been a fantastic item to have..... i'm nearly crying:( for you...

I got a copy of that book for my birthday. My Dad who was a friend of Iain McMillan got it signed by the players after a game , I think it was Raith Rovers, don't know what happened to it. I wish him had kept it .

The young fair haired Denis Setterington in the front row, I think he was still in team pictures when I was old enough to notice.
Was he a reserve for a long time?
@dh1963 He was with Rangers until 1970. Made first team debut on 3rd Jan 1966 (less said about the result the better!) Ironically replaced by a certain Derek Johnstone when sold to Falkirk.

He was a very nice guy but sadly passed away a few years ago.

Last edited:
Back