The Rangers Quiz Book

BlueLagoonCo

I just came across this book from 1987 in my work. I understand that certain posters do a daily quiz, but I'm sure we have room for one more. Just for a bit of fun until the season starts I'll post a few questions based on particular subjects surrounding Rangers. I'll keep a note of scores and update a leaderboard. I'll only begin the questions once i get a bit of feedback to check any interest. So staunchers what say you?

Last edited:
I just came across this book from 1987 in my work. I understand that certain posters do a daily quiz, but I'm sure we have room for one more. Just for a bit of fun until the season starts I'll post a few questions based on particular subjects surrounding Rangers. I'll keep a note of scores and update a leaderboard. I'll only begin the questions once i get a bit of feedback to check any interest. So you staunchers what say you?
I got this book when it came out and I think my Dad new every answer in it :) , I got a few recent season(86/87) questions right.
Its time for a new quiz book I think

I got this book when it came out and I think my Dad new every answer in it :) , I got a few recent season(86/87) questions right.
Its time for a new quiz book I think
I know its ancient lol. Any posters 30 or under would really need to know their history to beat any older bears

@MO_TxTruBlu and @wee bud's pit boots are favourites to win if they take part!

You'd be in with a shout, no problem, squire.

But it's a funny thing. The horrors from 2012 onwards are mostly a blur, as is most of the stuff from the mid noughties basically. I don't know if it's just me mentally blocking out stuff, but there we go.

Yet memories from the late sixties and through mostly to the nineties, can be recalled usually instantly.

MO_X is a one off here in some respects. Like Robert McElroy, he is almost forensic in his look back at certain players, their statistics etc. Every day is a school day at times. But that love of our club from that man shines through.

I think Robert McElroy is deserving of merit. In the likes of 'The Rangers Historian', 'Rangers, The Complete Record' and most certainly, 'The Spirit of Ibrox', he has produced bodies of work that this generation and all subsequent generations of Rangers fans should cherish.

My knowledge, such as it is, are mostly from the stories passed down from my old man to me, which he gained from his old man. (My granda, obviously)

As my old man told me growing up and I quote; See, the way I've drummed The Rangers in to you? That's how my old man drummed The Rangers in to me!'

I'd like to think he made a half decent job of it?

You are doing some sterling stuff in your own right, or write as it were.

Like MO, I always look forward to reading your wee look backs.

A thing I have always despaired of, is, that we as a club, do not seem to treat our history as other clubs seem to treat theirs. - And we see that to our cost with the filth in a regular basis.

With the likes of yourself and MO_X and Mr Edgar, he of the enormous sized bunnet,, we're slowly reversing the tide.

You'd be in with a shout, no problem, squire.

But it's a funny thing. The horrors from 2012 onwards are mostly a blur, as is most of the stuff from the mid noughties basically. I don't know if it's just me mentally blocking out stuff, but there we go.

Yet memories from the late sixties and through mostly to the nineties, can be recalled usually instantly.

MO_X is a one off here in some respects. Like Robert McElroy, he is almost forensic in his look back at certain players, their statistics etc. Every day is a school day at times. But that love of our club from that man shines through.

I think Robert McElroy is deserving of merit. In the likes of 'The Rangers Historian', 'Rangers, The Complete Record' and most certainly, 'The Spirit of Ibrox', he has produced bodies of work that this generation and all subsequent generations of Rangers fans should cherish.

My knowledge, such as it is, are mostly from the stories passed down from my old man to me, which he gained from his old man. (My granda, obviously)

As my old man told me growing up and I quote; See, the way I've drummed The Rangers in to you? That's how my old man drummed The Rangers in to me!'

I'd like to think he made a half decent job of it?

You are doing some sterling stuff in your own right, or write as it were.

Like MO, I always look forward to reading your wee look backs.

A thing I have always despaired of, is, that we as a club, do not seem to treat our history as other clubs seem to treat theirs. - And we see that to our cost with the filth in a regular basis.

With the likes of yourself and MO_X and Mr Edgar, he of the enormous sized bunnet,, we're slowly reversing the tide.

We agree often, and you won't find me disagreeing with this.

The upcoming Rangers museum is long overdue and even if the board don't always get it right, this is one that I doff my cap to them. I really hope our support all spend hours in there.

We agree often, and you won't find me disagreeing with this.

The upcoming Rangers museum is long overdue and even if the board don't always get it right, this is one that I doff my cap to them. I really hope our support all spend hours in there.

If they get this one right the club need to make it open on a daily basis.

Get school trips going. Create one hour trips/tours over the weekend, especially on a matchday.

There is so much untapped potential out there and it is a win win for both the club and support.

The club makes some revenue and the support once again feel they are part of something, and given they are the most important basis of the club, then it's all good.

Of course as recent events have proved it needs to be policed by our own and ever vigilant.

Im game for this. Will obviously hope to win but I'd settle for a European spot!

Don't look it that way bud.

Look at it from the perspective, that if this is a once-a-day or once-a-week thing, we get to know and learn something more about the club. So we're all winners in a sense.

I always remember my first quiz with The Nithsdale in 1987? in the Red Lion on the PRW.

A question came up.

Q - Rangers scored their greatest ever goals haul at parkhead in 1960. How many goals did they score?

A - I've dived straight in there. FIVE. We beat them there in September 1960 5-1. Stevie Chalmers getting their goal in the last minute to soften the blow.

I was wrong.

The answer was seven.

I was so wrapped up in Rangers scoring five against the filth, I took my mind off the fact we scored seven against QOTS, in the LC semi final a month later.

So look at things from that side of things.

Everyday is a school day and we will always learn that wee bit more.

Look at it from the perspective, that if this is a once-a-day or once-a-week thing, we get to know and learn something more about the club. So we're all winners in a sense.

I always remember my first quiz with The Nithsdale in 1987? in the Red Lion on the PRW.

A question came up.

Q - Rangers scored their greatest ever goals haul at parkhead in 1960. How many goals did they score?

A - I've dived straight in there. FIVE. We beat them there in September 1960 5-1. Stevie Chalmers getting their goal in the last minute to soften the blow.

I was wrong.

The answer was seven.

I was so wrapped up in Rangers scoring five against the filth, I took my mind off the fact we scored seven against QOTS, in the LC semi final a month later.

If there hadn't been a year mentioned I would have went for the 6-1 v Aberdeen in the 1969 cup semi.

Last edited:
If they get this one right the club need to make it open on a daily basis.

Get school trips going. Create one hour trips/tours over the weekend, especially on a matchday.

There is so much untapped potential out there and it is a win win for both the club and support.

The club makes some revenue and the support once again feel they are part of something, and given they are the most important basis of the club, then it's all good.

Of course as recent events have proved it needs to be policed by our own and ever vigilant.
Does the Glasgow city tour bus go past Ibrox, if so we could cash in on that. Promoting the stadium tour and museum properly could be a good source of income, especially if we have a sports cafe in the new building.

A question came up.

I was wrong.

The answer was seven.

Ive learned something already!

Back