The Rangers Rally 2019

I remember going to a Rangers "event" in the Apollo, must've been about '73/74 ish. Andy Cameron and Christian and a load of others who I can't remember were at it. I'm quite sure that Colin Jackson was there. Does anybody remember these, what was it?

Played at the Rangers Rally in Kelvin hall circa 1987 when I was in the Prince Charles Accordion Band, Sydney Divine was the star turn that night.

Looks good.
What is the format of this event? Is it a question and answer, are there singers or acts etc.
Never been before and could maybe purchase tickets for Christmas gifts if it’s the right kind of night out.

Never be as good as the ones in the 60’s with Lex McLean.

My b.i.l. used to take me as a kid in those days when they were held at the old St.Andrews Halls at Charing Cross compered by Sexy Lexy.

The entertainment back then was provided by Billy McPhee's Caledonian Accordian Band and the highlight of the evening was when they played the Dambusters March with all the effects,explosion sounds flashing lights etc.

Old Farts Loyal.

Really liked going to the Rangers Rallies back in the early 80's and always a great night out.
But it wasn't £50 per ticket. I went to them regularly in th 70s and 80s and 90s at the Kelvin Hall and concert hall and never paid more than £5 to £10 for a good night out .

But it wasn't £50 per ticket. I went to them regularly in th 70s and 80s and 90s at the Kelvin Hall and concert hall and never paid more than £5 to £10 for a good night out .
Sadly those days seem long gone though 50 quid for a decent meal inside the wonderful main stand, getting to wander up the marble staircase and another look in the trophy room isn't too bad.

I believe Erskine and the Rangers charity foundation both got 500 quid each after the last one as well.

Sadly those days seem long gone though 50 quid for a decent meal inside the wonderful main stand, getting to wander up the marble staircase and another look in the trophy room isn't too bad.

I believe Erskine and the Rangers charity foundation both got 500 quid each after the last one as well.
Agreed,but having it in such a small place limits the amount of people who can attend.Still a great event and I wish every one attending a great time. My memories of old rallies are all happy ones even if I can't remember half of them. Old age catches up with us all.God bless The Rangers

Agreed,but having it in such a small place limits the amount of people who can attend.Still a great event and I wish every one attending a great time. My memories of old rallies are all happy ones even if I can't remember half of them. Old age catches up with us all.God bless The Rangers

The Celtic one is now held within a function suite at Parkhead. Times change.

I can recall going to Crossmyloff icerink mid 1960,s met Ian McCll and many other players. The Rally was great night but cold.

Are you still looking for program advertising?

Programme adverts for the Rangers Rally

The Supporters Association are hoping that RSCs or businesses might like to support them by taking adverts in the programme for this season’s Rally.

It’s just £50 for a full page and £25 for a half page - they can make the adverts up for you if you don’t have artwork ready.

https://tinyurl.com/RallyAdvert2019FullPage
https://tinyurl.com/RallyAdvert2019HalfPAGE

Back