The reaction to the MOTM announcement

They really need to take that decision away from the match sponsor. Ends up in a daft one more often than not based on who they want to meet.

Tillman and Lawrence the only contenders today. Lundstrum wouldn’t have been ridiculous.
Aye that’s the bigger embarrassment, expecting 50k fans to go wild for a selection from a drunk guy in hospitality who’s not watched any of the game because he wants to complete the set of pics he has with players

Didn't hear a single boo in CD1. Few giggles but he would have been my MOTM as well. We didn't have a lot to pick from though.

Never heard a boo in the club deck. Certainly plenty of disbelief but no booing. Where was the booing coming from op?

Genuinely pay no attention to the stadium announced MOTM after Hagi got it December 2021 against Dundee Utd (1-0).

Whole stadium erupted with laughter as he was howling that day.

The reaction to Goldson being named as MOTM was embarrassing, even heard some boos.

Do I think he was MOTM? No - but he had a solid performance and hardly put a foot wrong. Our fans really need to get a grip of themselves at times.
Sands really made him look good.;)

The reaction to Goldson being named as MOTM was embarrassing, even heard some boos.

Do I think he was MOTM? No - but he had a solid performance and hardly put a foot wrong. Our fans really need to get a grip of themselves at times.
Goldson could've cost us an equaliser today. Put us under pressure thinking he's Beckenbauer, leading to about 4 corners in a row. As usual.

Last edited:

Some of our fans sometimes really do need to get a grip of themselves. Our players need each and every one of us to be on their side. We need to be behind the team at all times.

The match sponsor must have needed Goldson's autograph to complete a set.

I remember a game against Falkirk at Ibrox back in 2016 when Tav got the MoM announcement. It has to be said that it was a surprise award as Tav (as well as the rest of the team had been 'average'). There was laughter from the stands and Tav was visibly shocked by it. The score at the time was 0-0 going into the last minute. Tav then ran up the pitch, put in a cross and Billy King scored the winner for us.

If anyone was booing ,it was surely at the ridiculous award and not aimed at Goldson, the sponsor must have been pissed .

I never heard any boos today at motm being announced. That said, it’s all about the sponsors.

I’ve voted (through an app) for motm at stadiums before and it’s the supporters that decide - I’m sure that would be more meaningful for the player selected.

A few minutes after Alfie came on the ball broke to him in the box, he took a touch to try to control the ball that he probably didn't need to and the defender cleared it.

An old boy just along from me shouts out "too fckin slow ya lazy b*stard".

:)
Ibrox is full of complete and utter roasters at every part of the ground. I’m in the Broomloan front and barely five minutes into the game a guy a couple rows behind me was roaring abuse at a misplaced pass.

S
It was someone who picked it, maybe he thought he played well.

It was a fucking disgrace at the game the reaction at some and some on here are just as bad
So what was this disgrace of a reaction then ?
As I said , all I heard was laughing roundabout me as it was a laughable decision really ?

They really need to take that decision away from the match sponsor. Ends up in a daft one more often than not based on who they want to meet.

Tillman and Lawrence the only contenders today. Lundstrum wouldn’t have been ridiculous.
Having been involved with corporate at Ibrox most of the folk after 90 mins couldn't tell you which teams were playing far less pick a MOTM.

:)) :)):))

I think Davis allowed every player to play.

Some nutjob sitting behind me in CF4 literally waits for ANY opportunity to have a go at Tav. Wish folk like him would find an alternative pass time.

Some corner CAPTAIN
Thats a disgrace from a captain

Just sounds like a bitter, twisted old c@nt.

Some of the fan base are a real stain on the rest of the great supporters.

Steven Davis was easily MOTM, however, Big Connor had a very good game, although he had his usual brain fart, but, if not Davis then Goldson was a decent shout.

Sponsor's on a bevy day folks its nothing knew them picking a strange MOTM

Quite an odd thread to be honest

U taking the mick. Goldson was never the motm. Davis all day.

Have an admission to make here, was sitting in the main stand today and thought I heard 'today's mom is Kevin T ohmson', whit? This opinion was consolidated by the guffaws around where I sit. The announcer was obviously having a laugh. Not until I got home did I realise that it was Connor Goldson. I have inadvertently morphed into a Rangers da. Word of warning, you don't see it coming.

Back