The reaction to the MOTM announcement

The reaction to Goldson being named as MOTM was embarrassing, even heard some boos.

Do I think he was MOTM? No - but he had a solid performance and hardly put a foot wrong. Our fans really need to get a grip of themselves at times.
Didn't hear that but that's poor if true mate.

I cringe when you hear the ridiculous shouting at the players giving them stick after 12 minutes and stuff.

Some people just love shouting at folk :D

They really need to take that decision away from the match sponsor. Ends up in a daft one more often than not based on who they want to meet.

Tillman and Lawrence the only contenders today. Lundstrum wouldn’t have been ridiculous.

I heard some laughter behind me in GOVAN rear, defo not Goldson MOTM but then again I was thinking and no one really stood out, possibly Tillman but I personally would have given it to Davis

More laughter where I was. Bit of an ongoing joke at the selections to be honest but agree it doesn’t sound great when MOTM award is greeted with anything other than applause

Never heard any boos only laughter. It was more the timing than anything as he literally just gave the ball away that gave Killie a chance to score then 2 seconds later he was announced man of the match.

The reaction to Goldson being named as MOTM was embarrassing, even heard some boos.

Do I think he was MOTM? No - but he had a solid performance and hardly put a foot wrong. Our fans really need to get a grip of themselves at times.
Maybe booing the fact a defender got MOTM at a home game?

Some of our fan base are embarrassing and quite frankly not supporters. . To the guy in the west enclosure that shouted after the motm announcement , hey Goldson I wouldnt take you for a ride on Blackpool beach ya Donkey ‘. You are a total wanker.

It was when the half time whistle went I heard booing. Some fans would be better not going to games, the stuff I heard being shouted in the first 15 min was crazy I’m starting to think people just love turning up to be negative.

Im not sure it was an easy choice for a motm for anyone of our players,i think that was the reason for a lot of laughs.

It was when the half time whistle went I heard booing. Some fans would be better not going to games, the stuff I heard being shouted in the first 15 min was crazy I’m starting to think people just love turning up to be negative.
No boos in the main stand ?
Really where?

Agreed but, I think when he's galavanting up the park he leaves the defence very exposed and more inclined to panic and fans react to said panic.

Didn't hear any boos but thought it was a bit of a strange choice. He was nowhere near man of the match level even if he wasn't bad either. Tillman and Davis were definite options with Davis being the best for me. Controlled his area of the park with ease.

1 zoomer shouted get Barasic on after Yilmaz let the ball run out in the 1st half. Copland Front. Full of them tbh. Whinge arses
A few minutes after Alfie came on the ball broke to him in the box, he took a touch to try to control the ball that he probably didn't need to and the defender cleared it.

An old boy just along from me shouts out "too fckin slow ya lazy b*stard".

:)

He wasn’t my MOTM it was Davis for me,The big man had a decent game solid tried hard to get us going from the back but MOTM nope.

Didn't hear that but that's poor if true mate.

I cringe when you hear the ridiculous shouting at the players giving them stick after 12 minutes and stuff.

Some people just love shouting at folk :D
The fans giving the players stick really annoys me, It just makes the players more nervous if things aren’t going our way.

Is it not the sponsors who nominate MOM? May well be they haven’t a clue or more likely they choose who they want to meet after the game. Not something that’s ever bothered me or even important. For the record Davis was my MOM.

Disagreed with motm but never heard boos. That said some of our so called fans are a disgrace.
Some of the comments in a few threads are a disgrace. Folk throwing in towel and pishing their knickers after 2 league games.
We have some absolute morons in our support

The Ibrox crowd barring a big game are by and large, awful.

Early in the match I had clowns behind me nearly bursting blood vessels screaming at McLaughlin to get it up the park. Almost every player got it.

The reaction to MOTM was a disgrace and folk really ought to take a look at themselves. Clowns

Only boos I heard from the club deck today was when Kevin “the cheat” Clancy’s rat face was up on the screen after refusing to give us a stonewall penalty.

100% no boos at MOTM award

Ridiculous really to read that he was boo'd.

Some fans (or attendees) have become professional critics.

Ops had a mare, no booing at all and saying Goldson done nothing wrong, we’ll he obviously went to the bogs when he strided out and lost the ball in the second half and we were fortunate that Killie are shite and never punished us, exact same thing as he did midweek

Is it still the case that MotM is chosen by the match sponsor and they choose the player they want to meet, which is benefit of being the match sponsor?

If so, do the people booing know this?

Thought Sands was the better of 2 centre backs myself although they didn't have much to do. I would have given MOTM to Lawrence myself.

Back