The Real Radio Football Phone In

CupidStunt

Anyone used to listen to this back in the day?

Was still living on Scotland when this was in full flow and was so refreshing to have a non celtic apologist on the airwaves.

I still to this day think the only reason SSB still exists is because Ewen Cameron didn't want to work evenings anymore.

RR were skelping Clyde in the ratings.

Him and Roughie were a pair of wind up merchants.I seem to remember this being shown on setanta sports as well.
Still shite though

was much better than anything available now,David Edgar also made a few appearances if i remember correctly pretty sure you could also watch it maybe on setanta

Cannot stand that wank Ewan Cameron, he's on the radio at the weekend and is turned off when he comes on!

Cannot stand that wank Ewan Cameron, he's on the radio at the weekend and is turned off when he comes on!
I thought he was brilliant, Hearts fan and wasn't afraid to nail it to the mast and call anything west of Scotland like he saw it straight down the middle.

He had the mentally challengeds number but fell into their honey traps a few times the most notable when Filthy Phil 3names came on and got air time telling people that his daughter was crying because the big bad Rangers fans were singing bad words to a song!

Was my choice of phone in to listen to but agree was still shit. Cameron was great at winding that mob up but Roughie could be torture.

It was a great show for evening commute home. I nearly crashed the car a few times listening to some of the rockets that were on it.

I went to a fans forum with a dozen other bears and a marketing company employed by Bauer Media (Owners of Radio Cattolica) a few years back.

Every last bear in that room gave them it tight for the 2 hour session and make it 100% clear the station was a no go for Rangers supporters.

I am convinced they were worried that the number of listeners they had lost to Real Radio saw them ready to pull the plug on the show. They were desparate.

About a month later Real Radio decided they were no longer going to broadcast their phone in and Yahoo FM were given a stay of execution. Since then they have never had any competition.

Cameron shat it when the manky mob started on him, end of the show. A pity, he was decent.

There was a phase when timmy went full moon and began spouting off about "the establishment" and whenever they did Ewen played the X Files music

I remember listening one night and yahoo after yahoo were calling in to say Barca were in for Mcgeady. Que the Benny Hill theme tune getting played umpteen times.

I remember listening one night and yahoo after yahoo were calling in to say Barca were in for Mcgeady. Que the Benny Hill theme tune getting played umpteen times.
He wound them up superbly well.

As suck said though, when they went too far, he bailed.

Kinda sad in the sense that set the tone for them getting away with shocking behaviour in the debate that followed.

I may be making this up because I had, had a few but I'm sure a Bear phoned up and called himself "Declan" and claimed he had fallen out with his boyfriend after Rangers had beaten them at The Piggery.
In fact was it not a poster on here that called in?
I'm sure we had it on the bus when we left the game.

Was far better than Clyde back then.

Ewen used to play the xfiles theme tune when nutty mentally challengeds came on topic about Masonic conspiracies :D

Then he'd let mentally challengeds have a go at each other live on air over Tony Mowbray. One of them was saying he's bringing a football dynasty to Shellik park and Ewen and Roughy were joking themselves laughing.

There was a phase when timmy went full moon and began spouting off about "the establishment" and whenever they did Ewen played the X Files music
That was comedy gold that night. Don't normally bother with the phone-ins but made an exception thanks to a thread on the old board

An "ex-referee" called in to add fuel to the fire, saying that he would let personal opinions on certain managers influence his decisions and you could just tell Roughie was trying to work out who it was

Exactly what a phone-in should be. Took the piss out of all sides when they went too far or were raging at something. Decent guests sometimes and was never biased for one team.

We really need something like this again. Heart and Hand is well done(bar the odd guests phone being in their mouth), but Edgar could make a killing if he was able to get a weekly show or two in a similar style and keep it like what Cameron did and hammer and ridicule the bawbags, play it for laughs and give a fair go to all supporters and all teams.

Anyone with the know how and talent should get in early. A good internet footy phone-in for Scotland is long overdue and personnel technology can make it easy.

Exactly what a phone-in should be. Took the piss out of all sides when they went too far or were raging at something. Decent guests sometimes and was never biased for one team.

We really need something like this again. Heart and Hand is well done(bar the odd guests phone being in their mouth), but Edgar could make a killing if he was able to get a weekly show or two in a similar style and keep it like what Cameron did and hammer and ridicule the bawbags, play it for laughs and give a fair go to all supporters and all teams.

Anyone with the know how and talent should get in early. A good internet footy phone-in for Scotland is long overdue and personnel technology can make it easy.

The FF Staunchos used to say "for mentally challengeds, by mentally challengeds, switch it off" daily on the RR thread. Was viewed pretty much the same as Clyde is currently.

Hindsight eh.

I may be making this up because I had, had a few but I'm sure a Bear phoned up and called himself "Declan" and claimed he had fallen out with his boyfriend after Rangers had beaten them at The Piggery.

I know the call you are talking about but was it not on Snyde?

When we were put out of the Premier League, they lasted about six months and pulled the plug on the show. They couldn't justify what had become a Parkhead love in.
Again, without Rangers, they lost whatever they had that gave them the edge over RC.

That was a Bear that started that. He came on here and forewarned everyone to listen out for a call from Declan.

It was after that dhims started phoning up and agreeing, the only clip I can find is Benstead reading out the team.

It was actually a really good show when it wanted to be, much better than Shoo and McGuire on the other side.

I remember Ewen Cameron destroying queersie on air then coming on air the next night and announcing that graham spiers has an agenda against Rangers.

Also the show the night after we qualified for the last 16 of the CL they let on a conveyor belt of frothing at the mouth tims and batted them away. I remember one coming on screaming at Ewen "look at yoofa dot com, look at yoofa dot com and see who's name is next to the winners in 1967!" Roughie quick as a flash says "we can't because Ewen has scrubbed that out." :D

That was a Bear that started that. He came on here and forewarned everyone to listen out for a call from Declan.

It was after that dhims started phoning up and agreeing, the only clip I can find is Benstead reading out the team.

Excellent piss take by Mark Benstead reading the team:)

Was it not "Aiden" that phoned up with "Declan" being the boyfriend?

100 times better than the Clyde phone in, really lost its way when Cameron left and I stopped listening altogether when fat Peter took over hosting it. Some really funny moments in it too, Scotland were playing France on the Saturday, the Friday night show they had a reporter at a hotel where French fans were staying. Roughie told the reporter to tell the French fans not to be show the cocks during the match, Cameron couldn't even talk for laughing after that...

I went to a fans forum with a dozen other bears and a marketing company employed by Bauer Media (Owners of Radio Cattolica) a few years back.

Every last bear in that room gave them it tight for the 2 hour session and make it 100% clear the station was a no go for Rangers supporters.

I am convinced they were worried that the number of listeners they had lost to Real Radio saw them ready to pull the plug on the show. They were desparate.

About a month later Real Radio decided they were no longer going to broadcast their phone in and Yahoo FM were given a stay of execution. Since then they have never had any competition.

RR were giving Snyde that much of a trouncing Big DJ left Clyde for RR. Just after that the shit hit the fan with us and it was pulled, not before Pedro McGuire had started hosting it. It became Cattolica lite by then.

Used to listen to it every night. I'm sure Ewen was one of the only ones to speak out when the SPL screwed us over in 2008 by making us play 4 games in 8 days or whatever it was.

Then he seemed to side with the scum more instead of mocking them. Someone said his address or phone number was put up on one of their forums and this prompted the change - unsure if this is correct or not mind you.

Used to listen to it every night. I'm sure Ewen was one of the only ones to speak out when the SPL screwed us over in 2008 by making us play 4 games in 8 days or whatever it was.

Then he seemed to side with the scum more instead of mocking them. Someone said his address or phone number was put up on one of their forums and this prompted the change - unsure if this is correct or not mind you.

From what I remember it might have had something to do with the hartson and plug Pearson IRAoke video. Cameron was the only one to bring it up at the press conference and got a typical smart arsed reply from chesney.

The scum were after him after that.

Back