The real reason 16 Celtic players forced into isolation

You get the vibe from Lennon he's the type of guy who would be in the Covid thread in The Lounge calling masks "muzzles" and going on about his "liberties being taken from him" whilst declaring it all a big government conspiracy.

You'd think after two of his players tested positive he'd maybe realise the protocols are in place for a reason but still he seems to think they're in place purely just to be a hinderance to him and Celtic.
Absolutely. The guy stated it was preposterous the players had to isolate, then followed that by saying one of them had subsequently tested positive.

It's flat-earth levels of fckwittery.

If I was a celtc player, i'd be on strike. The club certainly don't give a hoot about player safety.

From a business point of view, shocking way to look after people, never mind multi million pound assets. Share holders should be asking questions.

B-)

I'm guessing that little snippet in the Record has been given to them by the Scottish Government as they weren't too happy with Lennon's ridiculous press conference.

The Yahoos will need to be careful.
Politicians are masters are this kind of subterfuge and they could make things very difficult for sellik.

Long game now. Lawwell and the board waiting to see if Lennon blinks first.

They are actively briefing against their manager with that piece today. It was fully expected after Lennon basically spat in Lawwells face on Monday.

superb stuff
According to a Sun article yesterday he has Desmond backing until the end of the season but suspect if they lost tonight he will be gone.

Jackson must have got that from Lawwell to put out today.

If I was a celtc player, i'd be on strike. The club certainly don't give a hoot about player safety.

From a business point of view, shocking way to look after people, never mind multi million pound assets. Share holders should be asking questions.

B-)
Tbh mate, half the team look as if they are on strike already

Popcorn Teeth’s media conference was riddled with inaccuracies, some of which have now been proven to be bollocks (eg. Hamilton & St Johnstone C19 protocols).

Why? I think he has something on Liewell etc. Any other manager would’ve been out the door by now.

I'm guessing that little snippet in the Record has been given to them by the Scottish Government as they weren't too happy with Lennon's ridiculous press conference.

The Yahoos will need to be careful.
Politicians are masters are this kind of subterfuge and they could make things very difficult for sellik.

Yes, that could have conceivably come from track & trace people.

In relation to their argument about '2 rows or 3 metres on the plane and moving the goalposts':

The social distancing protocol on planes states that anyone sitting within 2 rows of a person who tests positive for Covid has to self-isolate.

They were using a La Compagnie Airbus A321neo which has been fitted out with 72 luxury seats with extra legroom (18 rows of 2+2 seats). Their argument is that the seats are 1.5m apart, which is further than on a normal plane, so only 1 row in front and behind should have to self-isolate, as the 2nd row is 3m away and more than 2m.

They wanted the 2m distance used, rather than 2 rows of seats. However, the rules for plane travel are specific about 2 rows and don't make any reference to distance.

In relation to their argument about '2 rows or 3 metres on the plane and moving the goalposts':

The social distancing protocol on planes states that anyone sitting within 2 rows of a person who tests positive for Covid has to self-isolate.

They were using a La Compagnie Airbus A321neo which has been fitted out with 72 luxury seats with extra legroom (18 rows of 2+2 seats). Their argument is that the seats are 1.5m apart, which is further than on a normal plane, so only 1 row in front and behind should have to self-isolate, as the 2nd row is 3m away and more than 2m.

They wanted the 2m distance used, rather than 2 rows of seats. However, the rules for plane travel are specific about 2 rows and don't make any reference to distance.

Makes a lot of sense DD. Thanks.

Surely the SPFL could have changed the rules to suit? Murdoch MacLennan and Neil Doncaster not doing their job.

I have seen loads of figures for the cost of the Dubai trip but not one person questioned them how they thought it was ok to spend an obscene amount of money on it ,yet as soon as they came back they decided it was a good time to furlough their under 18 squad or would that be Celtic according to Lennon being picked on again.

Hopefully not, hopefully they get beat and keep him on with the bravest man in football beside him
Not for me, more turmoil spiralling out of control. Punted by his own with anger directed at their board. Lawwell and Desmond will have no answers.

Imagine no Neil Lennon
It's easy if you try

Makes a lot of sense DD. Thanks.
Being honest, I can understand where they are coming from and it was worth a try, but the Rules for planes are specific about '2 Rows'.

So, for Lennon to say that they are being victimised and goalposts have been shifted is nonsense, as they were the ones trying to shift the goalposts.

The problem for them is, Health Officials stick to the Rules which they don't like and they aren't used to not getting their own way, like they do with the SFA & SPFL. #where'sClerr?

Being honest, I can understand where they are coming from and it was worth a try, but the Rules for planes are specific about '2 Rows'.

So, for Lennon to say that they are being victimised and goalposts have been shifted is nonsense, as they were the ones trying to shift the goalposts.

The problem for them is, Health Officials stick to the Rules which they don't like and they aren't used to not getting their own way, like they do with the SFA & SPFL. #where'sClerr?

Yes J, the SPFL don’t like rules, therefore they can create a new rule as the situation arises that suits CFC.

Even that, 49 was quoted & Neic said 60.

Surely he’s no lying again ?
I wondered about the early Duffy trip home Grigo, so had a look at the aircraft seating possibilities.

Given the 19 rows of 4 on that aircraft (F-HNCO) you’d think 38 would have been considered safe enough, even given they‘re business class, lie flat type of seats.

Whether 49 or 57, a considerable number of rows (or all in the case of 57) had to have had 3 per row. Anything over 57 meant some rows of 4 per row. Was 4 per row disallowed?

If 58 went, could they have risked it on the way out but panicked at discovering the interest shown in their jolly, thereby finding a reason for Duffy to be punted back on a commercial flight? Duffy, the separate entity!

I know, bit of guesswork and hope here, but we can’t put anything past the club like no other.

I wondered about the early Duffy trip home Grigo, so had a look at the aircraft seating possibilities.

Given the 19 rows of 4 on that aircraft (F-HNCO) you’d think 38 would have been considered safe enough, even given they‘re business class, lie flat type of seats.

Whether 49 or 57, a considerable number of rows (or all in the case of 57) had to have had 3 per row. Anything over 57 meant some rows of 4 per row. Was 4 per row disallowed?

If 58 went, could they have risked it on the way out but panicked at discovering the interest shown in their jolly, thereby finding a reason for Duffy to be punted back on a commercial flight? Duffy, the separate entity!

I know, bit of guesswork and hope here, but we can’t put anything past the club like no other.

Cheers D.

Almost every rock you lift seems to have something hidden underneath.

I'm not going to be hypocritical and suddenly believe the DR are correct or have inside knowledge but I was shot down in saying I wanted to see the filths protocols and risk assessment for Dubai. I was told yeah but they've never had an outbreak at Lennoxtown so there protocols must be okay. 16 isolation cases due to 1 infection? a player who was injured and would have been working with an individual physio/fitness coach and would have been in close contact with max 3-4 individuals based on travel arrangements if done correctly. Come on now, the fact they haven't been cited and fined severely is telling of the state of our game

I'm not going to be hypocritical and suddenly believe the DR are correct or have inside knowledge but I was shot down in saying I wanted to see the filths protocols and risk assessment for Dubai. I was told yeah but they've never had an outbreak at Lennoxtown so there protocols must be okay. 16 isolation cases due to 1 infection? a player who was injured and would have been working with an individual physio/fitness coach and would have been in close contact with max 3-4 individuals based on travel arrangements if done correctly. Come on now, the fact they haven't been cited and fined severely is telling of the state of our game

On your initial point Ark, haven’t two of their players ( Edouard & Bitton IIRC ) been sent home pretty much on arrival at their international game squad arrivals ?

It could have been while travelling, but this seeming lack of awareness on these things just makes you wonder.

On your initial point Ark, haven’t two of their players ( Edouard & Bitton IIRC ) been sent home pretty much on arrival at their international game squad arrivals ?

It could have been while travelling, but this seeming lack of awareness on these things just makes you wonder.
Yeah conveniently found to be infected upon arrival, as you say it could be a number of factors but it's their complete inability to believe it could possibly be them at fault. Every time it's never them, never. Could be something in it and there might not but if it was our club I'd want an outside assesment and H&S protocols dictated by 3rd party professionals

Yeah conveniently found to be infected upon arrival, as you say it could be a number of factors but it's their complete inability to believe it could possibly be them at fault. Every time it's never them, never. Could be something in it and there might not but if it was our club I'd want an outside assesment and H&S protocols dictated by 3rd party professionals

100% Ark.

Popcorn Teeth’s media conference was riddled with inaccuracies, some of which have now been proven to be bollocks (eg. Hamilton & St Johnstone C19 protocols).

Why? I think he has something on Liewell etc. Any other manager would’ve been out the door by now.
May it wasn't just a job he offered him in the shower.

Back