The Record in inaccurate Rangers article shock

dh1963

I have no idea who Daily Record "journalist" Fraser Wilson is, but I suggest he is either in the wrong profession or his so-called newspaper is at it.

This is quoted exactly from an article in there today.

Steven Gerrard has urged his Rangers stars to leave a legacy at Ibrox for years to come by becoming Premiership Invincibles against Aberdeen on Saturday.
The Gers boss watched his side brush aside Livingston 3-0 thanks to goals from James Tavernier, Ryan Kent and Ianis Hagi, to move within a point of breaking the 100 barrier for the first time in their history.
And if they avoid defeat to the Dons in Govan on trophy day this Saturday they will become the first Rangers side to go through a top flight campaign unbeaten.

Never unbeaten in a top flight season?

As I'm sure Fraser Wilson could easily find out if he bothered his arse looking, Rangers not only have gone unbeaten before. They also became the first team ever in world football to go through a whole league season and win every single game. No draws. No dropped points. 100% invincible. 1898-99 was a long time ago, but that doesn't matter.

I know his article was written to put it out there that Celtic did it already. Well, they have never had a 100% season and never will.

And I know I shouldn't get annoyed at this, whether it's trolling or unintentional amateurism. The Record will die soon, hopefully, and Fraser Wilson can go find a job better suited to his lack of talent.

But I'm fùcking proud of that record my club holds, and I really hope someone at the club points out a correction is in order.

I have no idea who Daily Record "journalist" Fraser Wilson is, but I suggest he is either in the wrong profession or his so-called newspaper is at it.

Steven Gerrard has urged his Rangers stars to leave a legacy at Ibrox for years to come by becoming Premiership Invincibles against Aberdeen on Saturday.
The Gers boss watched his side brush aside Livingston 3-0 thanks to goals from James Tavernier, Ryan Kent and Ianis Hagi, to move within a point of breaking the 100 barrier for the first time in their history.
And if they avoid defeat to the Dons in Govan on trophy day this Saturday they will become the first Rangers side to go through a top flight campaign unbeaten.

As I'm sure Fraser Wilson could easily find out if he bothered his arse looking, Rangers not only have gone unbeaten before. They also became the first team ever in world football to go through a whole league season and win every single game. No draws. No dropped points. 100% invincible. 1898-99 was a long time ago, but that doesn't matter.

I know his article was written to put it out there that Celtic did it already. Well, they have never had a 100% season and never will.

And I know I shouldn't get annoyed at this, whether it's trolling or unintentional amateurism. The Record will die soon, hopefully, and Fraser Wilson can go find a job better suited to his lack of talent.

But I'm fùcking proud of that record my club holds, and I really hope someone at the club points out a correction is in order.

Well said mate.

When is the last time we won every single league home game ?

Do you know if we’ve done it since that season ? I know you’re great on this stuff.

I’ll be honest, as much as the 1898/99 season record is unique and something rightly celebrated, it did consist of less than half the games we play now in a league campaign so personally I feel this achievement would be superior.

Of course that’s not to excuse this hack’s lack of knowledge / deliberate omission of the facts.

I mean, why would a journalist bother doing such a menial task like researching the information they’re about to put in their article?

Talentless, brainless pandering phuckwits

it's what they do Old Boy.

Even the potato heads are aware of our 100% record

The problem is The Rangers are breaking so many records these amateurs can't keep up ,but as you say there soon to be dead and buried, like the tried to do to rangers and never succeeded, but they will never survive what goes round comes around.
WATP

I’ll be honest, as much as the 1898/99 season record is unique and something rightly celebrated, it did consist of less than half the games we play now in a league campaign so personally I feel this achievement would be superior.

Of course that’s not to excuse this hack’s lack of knowledge / deliberate omission of the facts.
What’s that often used phrase?
You can only beat what’s in front of you?
Thing here is, nobody would suggest the scum’s Champions Cup win is less valid than whoever wins this years just because they play less than half the games.
(I’d slate them for winning in May and being out of it in September at the first time of asking.)

Absolutely incredible.

I was a tot in 1968 when we just missed out against Aberdeen.
I vaguely remember my old man after that Aberdeen game, a mixture of disappointment, anger and disbelief.
But even if we had won that day and completed an unbeaten season, it wouldn't have been a 100% home record as we had dropped points in Ibrox draws. And the way things worked out, we would still have ended up second (if the filth still won against Dunfermline in their game in hand with the pressure on them).

The comment earlier about it being a shorter season in 1898-99 is obviously valid, but you can think of it in a different way. At a time when things weren't a 2 horse race, Rangers played every other team in the top league home and away and won every time. If you use that measure, how often you can you remember anyone doing that at the halfway point in a modern season? This season, we had a couple draws. The Rodgers team a few years back were the same. It was a unique achievement then and it still is.

I vaguely remember my old man after that Aberdeen game, a mixture of disappointment, anger and disbelief.
But even if we had won that day and completed an unbeaten season, it wouldn't have been a 100% home record as we had dropped points in Ibrox draws. And the way things worked out, we would still have ended up second (if the filth still won against Dunfermline in their game in hand with the pressure on them).

The comment earlier about it being a shorter season in 1898-99 is obviously valid, but you can think of it in a different way. At a time when things weren't a 2 horse race, Rangers played every other team in the top league home and away and won every time. If you use that measure, how often you can you remember anyone doing that at the halfway point in a modern season? This season, we had a couple draws. The Rodgers team a few years back were the same. It was a unique achievement then and it still is.

Absolutely agree DH. Magnificent.

Winning every League game, home and away, over an entire season as in 1899, will never be equalled. It is an incredible feat.

I was there as a nipper also, still remember everyone being gutted leaving the stadium. We’d won all but two of our home games- drew with Hearts and Dunfermline.

Thanks Big X.

It would still have been a great achievement, but it really puts into context what we can achieve by getting the 3 points on Saturday.

We’ve broken more records this season than the Take That fans did when Robbie left.

Thanks Big X.

It would still have been a great achievement, but it really puts into context what we can achieve by getting the 3 points on Saturday.

We’ve broken more records this season than the Take That fans did when Robbie left.
Totally agree, we had 17 away games, won 14 drew 3. Two of those draws were in April and cost us big time.

That last day defeat to the sheep was a real sickener.

10 days before that we had been 1-3 down at Cappielow and looked likely to lose the unbeaten tag.

Then John Greig took the game by the scruff and dragged us to 3-3 late on.

The league was there for the taking that year but we up-fcuked big time.

It’s surprising that this rag and others are actually still going. I hardly know anyone who still buys a paper anymore? Of course drivel like this is a factor in why so many people lost interest as there’s been a very poor calibre of candidate given jobs for a start then you add in the sheer amount of agenda driven pish it’s an easy decision to steer clear.

Today we have him not bothering to check the history books for who has actually completed an invincible season. Then the other day we had some guy for the ET going back 100 years to find out about a dodgy penalty we got.

Its almost like they are not neutral and have allegiance to a particular team in Glasgow that doesn't play in Blue and White.

Off topic a bit, but on a roll now!

The 1967-68 season mentioned a few times is the one most think of as the closest to an unbeaten season since the 1898-99 perfect season.
I'd also throw in our very first season under Bill Struth as being just as close, and probably even more impressive.

It was a 22 team league in 1920-21, which meant 42 league games. Rangers won the league by a mile with a record of P42, W35, D6, L1. Points 76.

If there were 3 points for a win back then we would have got 111 points.

4 of the draws came in the last 8 matches when we had the title in the bag, so in the first 34 games we won 31 of them.

We started that season with 20 wins and a draw from our first 21 games, and the only defeat came in game number 24 when we lost to Celtic at Ibrox on New Year's day.

Off topic a bit, but on a roll now!

The 1967-68 season mentioned a few times is the one most think of as the closest to an unbeaten season since the 1898-99 perfect season.
I'd also throw in our very first season under Bill Struth as being just as close, and probably even more impressive.

It was a 22 team league in 1920-21, which meant 42 league games. Rangers won the league by a mile with a record of P42, W35, D6, L1. Points 76.

If there were 3 points for a win back then we would have got 111 points.

4 of the draws came in the last 8 matches when we had the title in the bag, so in the first 34 games we won 31 of them.

We started that season with 20 wins and a draw from our first 21 games, and the only defeat came in game number 24 when we lost to Celtic at Ibrox on New Year's day.

Good info DH.

Interesting in that 1920/21 season we lost to the bad guys, and they’ve had 2 chances at Ibrox this season ( 3 if we count the Scottish Cup ) and we’ve won every one.

Thanks - really interesting & providing us with the historical perspective that this season was taken on.

Back