The Record touting Celtic car boot sale

Agree on edouard. Not sure about Christie. When the goings got tough he’s folded. £8m on his day but most days I’d say £4m. Put it this way he’s not as good as Arfield.
Christie would make for a good YouTube highlights reel as he has scored some cracking goals to be fair. The reality is though the majority end up in row Z

7m for Tracy Chapman that's got to be a joke. Wee cunts got bags of pace that's about it, and if that's the case then Barkers worth 7m as well.

;) B-D When in form he’s the best striker in the country by miles. 20m to a premier league team isn’t that much especially if it’s is Leicester who will make that for finishing in the top 10. Switch it around, how much do u value Morelos with his 6 goals this season?
"Miles better" than Morelos and Roofe.

You are for the watching. Morelos has a better goal scoring record in the league over the piece and miles better in Europe.

Whilst EPL clubs spend a lot of money relatively speaking that doesn't mean they'll throw 20mil at a striker in the SPL who isn't scoring from open play, will have 12 months on his contract and has a verified poor attitude, wants to leave his club and will be holding all the cards vs Celtic in terms of a move. An EPL team won't go and pay 20mil for a player they can pick up for 10 or less just for the hell of it.

I don't need to switch anything around in discussing why Edouard isn't worth 20mil as things stand right now.

Interesting take from a Rangers fan, bumming up Edouard and running down Alfie. I notice these two things typically go to together.

"Let's switch it around". Over their time in Scotland, Alfie has outscored your hero in the league and Europe. If your hero is worth 20mil plus, what is Alfie worth?

The splendidly unbiased Liam Bryce had collated a list of five ‘stars’ who Celtic may consider selling.
Unsurprisingly he has estimated a combined value of £52m for Edouarde 20m, Christie 8m, Ntcham 5m, Frimpers 7m and Asher 12m

Hahaha
No chance they’ll get £12n for Asher, I’ve never even heard of him.

Morelos at them (perish the thought :oops:) is at least a £30m striker and he's not sent off as much because he plays for them

the refs/media have done the job for dropping his valuation because any time you hear anything about him even if it's positive, the next discussion will be the "temperament". Not going to say he's an angel in all of the situations because we know he isn't but he's tagged with those red cards/missing games now unfortunately and Sky's diseased production will always mention it.

People can say "clubs have their scouts, they don't listen to media" but I expect in Alfie's case, they unfortunately do :( Edouard could quite easily have had about 3-4 reds up here but he gets the "Celtic pass" from either the ref on the field or a boot in the office
To further support your point, look at the difference in how Alfie and Brown are treated. Brown is the dirtiest player in the league and no exaggeration gets away with no card for one or 2 red card offences every months basically. He could have had 3 or 4 reds this season for sure. He's had 1?

Im sure the owners of Real Madrid, Inter and Munich buy the daily Rebel everyday B-)

Part of their pain comes from their own timmy press writing pish about them. Inflating prices, exaggerating performances and the idiots believe all of it.
They blow smoke up timmys arse and the shark throwers believe it.
A bit like the Nat anal and the cult.

It's been this way for years - players they buy like Kilmala - puff pieces all over the place about him being the new Polish sensation - a steal at £3.5m.

Fast forward and he's turned out to be a dud, so now he is merely - a risk worth taking at £2m.

Fees & valuations are adjusted accordingly by their cheerleaders in the Scottish media

It's been this way for years - players they buy like Kilmala - puff pieces all over the place about him being the new Polish sensation - a steal at £3.5m.

Fast forward and he's turned out to be a dud, so now he is merely - a risk worth taking at £2m.

Fees & valuations are adjusted accordingly by their cheerleaders in the Scottish media
Barkas 6mil at one point. Now 4 or 4.5

Taylor 3mil when signed, usually 2mil now

Etc etc

They will do extremely well to get 16/17 for Eduoard and 1/2m for Frimpong. Frimpong reminds me of Ricky Foster - All fart no jobby.

Seen something about Christie yesterday that out his last 60+ shots he’s scored 3. Horrendous stat.

The splendidly unbiased Liam Bryce had collated a list of five ‘stars’ who Celtic may consider selling.
Unsurprisingly he has estimated a combined value of £52m for Edouarde 20m, Christie 8m, Ntcham 5m, Frimpers 7m and Asher 12m

Hahaha
Epl teams in trouble might pay over the odds.
edouard and Christie? Maybe.
ntcham? Possible
big Jane Asher? Don’t think so
frimper? Stay off the lager mr Bryce.
Should remember that this is a diddy league with very few challenges.
How did they do in Europe? should be a better guide.

I can see a lot of "undisclosed fees" coming.

Those estimates are nothing compared to what we have seen from other journalist/fans.

Barkas 6mil at one point. Now 4 or 4.5

Taylor 3mil when signed, usually 2mil now

Etc etc
Barkas still hasn’t saved a shot. He’ll be lucky to not get tangled up in the back of the net for the rest of his life never mind a £5m transfer, unless it’s at Grimsby fish market as the worlds first talking haddie.

They'd be aswell trying to punt their even shitier shite aswell might aswell say Barkas is worth £70 million and he's on the path to being the first GK Ballon d'Or winner since Yashin

We should offer something to one of the out of contract ones. Just for a laugh and to raise them a Liam Burt

"Miles better" than Morelos and Roofe.

You are for the watching. Morelos has a better goal scoring record in the league over the piece and miles better in Europe.

Whilst EPL clubs spend a lot of money relatively speaking that doesn't mean they'll throw 20mil at a striker in the SPL who isn't scoring from open play, will have 12 months on his contract and has a verified poor attitude, wants to leave his club and will be holding all the cards vs Celtic in terms of a move. An EPL team won't go and pay 20mil for a player they can pick up for 10 or less just for the hell of it.

I don't need to switch anything around in discussing why Edouard isn't worth 20mil as things stand right now.

Interesting take from a Rangers fan, bumming up Edouard and running down Alfie. I notice these two things typically go to together.

"Let's switch it around". Over their time in Scotland, Alfie has outscored your hero in the league and Europe. If your hero is worth 20mil plus, what is Alfie worth?
They’re both worth 20m doesn’t make you more staunch for saying Celtic players aren’t btw. And edouard and Morelos are both better than Roofe, also about 6 year younger too.

Last edited:
Top transfers out of Scotland, take these figures with a pinch of salt, but a reasonable starting point (except the confirmed ones e.g. Tierney):

Tierney, 25mil, 4 year contract. Had played Champions League football and international senior football.

Dembele 19.5mil. 2 year contract, Scored goals in Champions league. Widely reckoned to be a superior player to Edouard. had previously played in England with Fulham.

No one else has left Scotland for more than 12.5mil.

Please someone explain how an inferior striker to Dembele with a year on his contract is sold for more money than Dembele? Hasnt done anything of note in the Champions league. Doesn’t play senior international football. Is reckoned to have a bad attitude this season. Isn’t performing, isn’t scoring from open play.

It just doesn’t make any sense logically.

Exactly. Same pish with Tierney. I heard from a man in London that it was 15 million up front then with add ons it goes up to 25 million.
The letter to the stock exchange is a load of shite. lf you read the bottom of said letter it explains that any letter sent to the SE is not checked. Why havent they sent these letters for all player sales?

London Stock Exchange plc is not responsible for and does not check content on this Website. Website users are responsible for checking content. Any news item (including any prospectus) which is addressed solely to the persons and countries specified therein should not be relied upon other than by such persons and/or outside the specified countries. Terms and conditions, including restrictions on use and distribution apply.

Haha true mate, when someone who is saying edouard is pish cos he’s not scored many goals but yet says Morelos is brilliant for scoring almost the same goals. They’re both brilliant players
Way to misrepresent an argument!
No one said Edouard is pish.

You said he’s miles better than any striker in the league though. Which is odd. And factually incorrect based on key striking statistics.

Your passionate defence of Edouard and running down of Morelos is odd for a neutral based on available data. It’s down right baffling for a supposed bear.

At no point have I said Edouard is pish. He’s not worth 20mil for a 1 year contract though.

Christie will get a good move, talented boy and will do better down South under a decent coach and I agree with the Armstrong level fee. The rest is all throwing shit at a wall, Frimpong is abysmal his only worthwhile stat is distance in runs from back to front but zero end product.
Edouard is similar to all the noise around Morelos regarding fee as he's only worth what folk are willing to pay, West Ham taking a £25m hit on Haller, Dembele only clinching a loan deal, once you start pushing a player out his value drops and they've certainly missed their peak obtainable transfer fee.

Hahaha
What about adding on today's news in the Mail, Jack Hendry ( who ? I hear you say ) for £1.75M

Way to misrepresent an argument!
No one said Edouard is pish.

You said he’s miles better than any striker in the league though. Which is odd. And factually incorrect based on key striking statistics.

Your passionate defence of Edouard and running down of Morelos is odd for a neutral based on available data. It’s down right baffling for a supposed bear.

At no point have I said Edouard is pish. He’s not worth 20mil for a 1 year contract though.
I hope you’re right mate. Whatever happens as long as we keep doing what we’re doing they’ll need ronaldo and messi to have a chance :)

They’re both worth 20m doesn’t make you more staunch for saying Celtic players aren’t btw. And edouard and Morelos are both better than Roofe, also about 6 year younger too.
It’s not about being staunch. It’s about usung facts and info to support an argument.

So you finally admit Edouard isn’t miles ahead of Morelos.

So we have 2 players of similar level. One has 1 year on his contract, one has 2 to 3 years yet those contracts are worth similar amounts? Does that not seem odd to you?

Last edited:

Hahaha
I've seen better quotes on the price is right

Back