The Record touting Celtic car boot sale

Boyd estimated they’ll need to bring in 10 players. Say they manage to get together £40m to spend all in. They’ll be looking for players between £0 and £5m. After seeing what they recruited in summer, I don’t see them identifying many decent free transfers. I think players in the £3-£5m bracket can be dodgy if not scouted properly. Young with potential but very inconsistent with a fair chance of not adapting to getting kicked up and down. The same market as us without the systems in place. They could go with the tried and tested method of trying to get anybody we’re linked with. We sell them a couple of dummies while doing our business early and quietly.

Im not basing £40m on what they’ll get for sales, just a generous guess on what they might scrape together to spend.

Frimpong (and Laxalt) have to be 2 of the most over rated and over hyped players in the league, both absolute dug meat

Come the summer they sell Edouard and 1 or 2 more needing a new manager and a rebuild job. We’re going to be miles ahead of them....I genuinely predict 2-3 years of struggle for them

Im sure the owners of Real Madrid, Inter and Munich buy the daily Rebel everyday B-)

Part of their pain comes from their own timmy press writing pish about them. Inflating prices, exaggerating performances and the idiots believe all of it.
They blow smoke up timmys arse and the shark throwers believe it.
And long may it continue, anyone that believes an ounce of the shite the mentally challenged press write deserves all thats coming. Anyone remember the article in the Record stating Messi was refusing to sign a new contract with Barca unless they signed Dembelle? It's hard to fathom but I've actually met yahoos that believe it. :))

This takes me back to Kayal and Izaguirre both going to Man Utd for ludicrous fees.

Celtic will probably go back to their old webuyanyplayer.com strategy of signing loads of randoms in the hope that a couple of them are any good.

Fimpong is genuinely one of the worst first choice right backs they’ve had in 20+ years.

In 5 years or so he’ll be playing for Barnsley or some shite being skinned by some jobber.
Behave - Barnsley aren’t bad atm. Pingpong isn’t getting a gig in the championship any time soon. Given Lennon is his coach - he isn’t improving anytime soon either.

Brilliant.

Who the %^*& is going to pay £5 million for Ntcham when he’s out of contract in May? :D :D :D

Even if he had a 10 year contract its ludicrous. Then again 7 million for a wing back that cant cross. cant pass, cant shoot and cant defend.

Fimpong is genuinely one of the worst first choice right backs they’ve had in 20+ years.

In 5 years or so he’ll be playing for Barnsley or some shite being skinned by some jobber.

Scouting Frimpong as a wingback

Fit with speed - Tick
Strong and a great tackler - x
Amazing passer - x
Fine crosser of the ball - x
An eye for goal - x

1/5

Now compare to the likes of Tav or Barasic who I would rate both 4/5

ps 5/5 and you play for a top top team IMO

Brilliant.

Who the %^*& is going to pay £5 million for Ntcham when he’s out of contract in May? :D :D :D

I could be wrong but im pretty sure he has 18 months the same as Edouard.

The only guy out of contract for them this season is Scott Brown from looking online. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. They either dont offload any of there shite in the summer and get stuck with them or they take reduced prices on the lot.

Its not just the football side of things that has been run into the ground. All these years of praise for that fat Japanese and the off field stuff is starting to look just as bad.

They'll get 15/18 for Edouard, Ajer will get them about 8/10. Christie about 3/4, Ntcham about 1/2 and nobody is paying more than 1m for frompong

I could be wrong but im pretty sure he has 18 months the same as Edouard.

The only guy out of contract for them this season is Scott Brown from looking online. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. They either dont offload any of there shite in the summer and get stuck with them or they take reduced prices on the lot.

Its not just the football side of things that has been run into the ground. All these years of praise for that fat Japanese and the off field stuff is starting to look just as bad.
Yeah 2022 for Ntcham I think

Scotsman gossip page has a link to Daily Star article. Apparently West Ham are preparing a £35m bid for Edouard. With garbage like this it is no wonder print media is on its knees.
It’s all in post #136.

There is absolutely no precedent for such a transfer in Scotland.

£35mil for a guy who has either 18 or 12 months on his contract suggests he would be valued at over £50mil+ if he had a 3 or 4 year contract. It’s complete and utter manure. Dembele scored in the champions league. Edouard struggles to score in the Europa. Dembele still had 2 years to run. And couldn’t bring a transfer fee of £20mil or more. This, in a season where Goldson has scored more goals from open play.

The splendidly unbiased Liam Bryce had collated a list of five ‘stars’ who Celtic may consider selling.
Unsurprisingly he has estimated a combined value of £52m for Edouarde 20m, Christie 8m, Ntcham 5m, Frimpers 7m and Asher 12m (edit Ajer......obv)

Hahaha
Sounds like what Celtic hope they get for them.

Edouard was £40m then £35m then £25m and now they are touting him at £20m when he has a year and a half left on his contract. Nobody seems interested at that price. He is ripping the arse out of them by refusing to make an effort. He'll force his way out now or in the summer for an undisclosed fee a decent amount below £20m.

Christie is pish and has 18 months left on his contract. Probably get £4-5m off a Championship team.

Frimpong is pish, they would probably get a million at most for him.

Ntcham was signed for about £5m, has barely played and looked like he could not be arsed being a footballer when he has played. %^*& knows why anyone would sign him.

If they don't cash in on Edouard, Christie, Ajer & Ntcham in the January window, they will more than likely lose them for nothing.

They'll all have less than 9 months left by the time the next summer window closes and their agents will be telling them to run it down and sign a pre contract in January and get a big signing on fee.

Right now, in today's Covid affected market, those four are worth in total £20 million max. If they can find a buyer. Which is a big if. Most clubs are simply not in a position to spend a lot of money at the moment.

£35m being touted for Edouard on radio this afternoon before English I think it was reminded everyone he'd only score 12 goals this season, incl 4 pens, 8 from the open play, the same as Goldson. Boom...headshot :p

£35m being touted for Edouard on radio this afternoon before English I think it was reminded everyone he'd only score 12 goals this season, incl 4 pens, 8 from the open play, the same as Goldson. Boom...headshot :p
English is a sleekit cnut. Joining our side now we’re gaining the upper hand?

He’s right there though. Still a cnut. What did the other panellists say when he said that?

And today, voila, Edouarde is now likely to be subject to a £35 million bid from West Ham
According to Michael Gannon. Who buried that little gem as a footnote in an article he wrote about Celtic
‘Weighing up’ a move for Rafa Benitez once a decision on the future of Neic has been been made by Pig Eye Pete.
Oh how we laughed

I’m no accountant but rough guess they should get £30 m for the job lot taking in PSG,s cut from edouarde
That’s half the wage bill for the season where is the money for players coming from ?

Back