The Recruitment Panel Who Picked Caixinha

Thankfully a lot of very rich men picked him, and they’ll be the ones paying him off.

I have been a supporter of giving Pedro time due to several things, one being the investment made in financing his vision of the team. Another is my belief that if he goes whoever sanctioned the appointment is culpable and should also follow him out of the door.
I would assume there are strict performance indicators to adhere to, which it would be hard to believe have been achieved, but to clear this situation up is not going to be cheap.
The directors behind this are no doubt wealthy men, whether they have circa £25-30 million to throw at us for wholesale change again is another matter.

It is a clusterphuck of huge proportions from top to bottom, that only serious financing can sort out short term.

It was basically Park who appointed him. A costly mistake. We simply cannot get the next appointment wrong. My faith in the board diminishes with each day it has to be said. Weak and indecisive.

The board are under major pressure to get it right next time (if Pedro even leaves that is) as we cannot %^*& it up for a THIRD time!

The next manager should be a tried and trusted man manager who the support shouldn’t need to use google to find out who the fluck he is.

I believe the panel are more to blame than Pedro. They should have known he wasn't the right man to manage a club our size. They are responsible for his appointment and I've no idea how they managed to come to the conclusion he was the man to take us forward. Whilst the board have done great things for the club they really should be criticized for the appointment of Pedro. I only hope that when we appoint our next manager it's for the benefit of the club and the right decision is made. We see ourselves as a big club therefore we should be appointing a big manager.

On paper Pedro has a brilliant CV and footballing education.

His experience of winning is lacking

This is a nonsense post. A brilliant CV what part of the world are you from?

Jose M
Carlo A
Antonio C
Sir Alex F
LVG
Pep G

These guys IMO have a brilliant CV and footballing eductation just because they do.

PC doesn’t.

I was always going to need a lot of convincing that someone coming from Qatar and before that Mexico was going to be the right fit for us.
It was a gamble of epic proportions that hasn't paid off, the gamble should've never have been taken.
If there is ever a time for stability after everything the club has went through it was then and still is now

Gary Neville was a disaster at Valencia.

Moyes a disaster as Man Utd, Sociedad and Sunderland.

No thanks
Who then? he will be gone very soon so we are correct to discuss options, who would you like to see? Rather than just shouting down some options

The whole thing stinks of jobs for the boys, our club should be better than that. The management team need removed ASAP as well as those who put his case forward.

The whole process of Warburton's leaving/sacking and subsequent appointments has been an unmitigated disaster.

Robertson has shown to be totally out of his depth with the farce of the DOF appointment and hiring a guy who should have never been considered for a job the magnitude of ours.

Andrew Dickson is an administrator and should have been nowhere near the interview process.

Park has been led by his pal Mendes and has been made to look an absolute clown.

It's not just Pedro that needs to go, we need a clear out of the board members who suggested and approved his appointment. No wonder Gilligan walked.

Here's a thing. Why doesn't King ask the likes of Walter Smith and Alex Ferguson, both ex staff at the club, to sit with him on a 3 man group and make sure they get a real football manager. Ferguson loves to have his opinion / experience shared so see no reason why he would not spare some time.

Sometimes managers work out, sometimes they dont, there is no hard and fast rule.

After all, Alex Ferguson practically rammed Moyes into the managers chair at Man Utd and he didnt last two minutes. Who knows more about football and Man Utd than SAF? Yet it failed.

Here's a thing. Why doesn't King ask the likes of Walter Smith and Alex Ferguson, both ex staff at the club, to sit with him on a 3 man group and make sure they get a real football manager. Ferguson loves to have his opinion / experience shared so see no reason why he would not spare some time.

Ferguson recommended Moyes for Man Utd so it can go both ways.

Graham Parks relationship with Mendes sealed the deal

A disaster

If this is true what a disaster it is, especially when we are led to believe it was the relationship the previous management team had with agents that caused the beginning of their friction with the board.

Watching the other thread with the interview with McCann, we were mad not to ask Walter to help out in managerial selection.

First stage - seek CVs and ask opinions from friendly faces
Second stage - see who has shown an interest - any interesting names?
Third stage - Murty, Mark Allan, and perhaps someone like McLeish go through the names

Only then contemplate interviews.

First stage - seek CVs and ask opinions from friendly faces
Second stage - see who has shown an interest - any interesting names?
Third stage - Murty, Mark Allan, and perhaps someone like McLeish go through the names

Only then contemplate interviews.
Exactly what should have been done eight months ago.

Back