The red card

Shocking tackle and would be a red card in any era. Arfield is a very lucky boy that he managed to avoid serious injury.

The video won’t play for me because of my location, but it’s already a red card from the still shot of it on post #54, never mind what comes next.

As an aside, did anyone else pish themself at Hayes trying to growl at Alfie when Aribo was playing keep ball at the corner flag. :))

Studs showing, both feet off the ground, out of control and reckless. It doesn't really get more 'red card' than that - in any era.
Ha ha you obviously didn’t play in the 70’s, have you Not seen the MOTD clip of Best beating 5 players, 3 of who’s ‘tackles’ were waist height? Good days to pl

Ha ha you obviously didn’t play in the 70’s, have you Not seen the MOTD clip of Best beating 5 players, 3 of who’s ‘tackles’ were waist height? Good days to pl

Oh I played in the 70s mate. And in the 60s as well.:) The tackle was as clear a red as you are likely to see this season - or any other season. Only player I can think of who gets away with a tackle like that - is Scott Broon.:rolleyes:

I missed the second half as I had to take my kids to parties but when live score flashed up red card I thought here we go.

Back