The red mist is slowly dissipating

Jaws II

I think last nights performance was such a shock as we were not expecting that at home.
We thought we were in form and would have learned from our last few games against them.

Instead every player delivered a terrible performance, Morelos ignored everything SG said to him about keeping his discipline and was worse than the first game of the season.

He also missed a total sitter last night ( which made me punch the seat in front of me and injure my hand:eek::D out of sheer frustration).
This is a worry as he did this in big games last year against the scum.

The supports confidence and trust was shattered last night and it is now up to the players to make this up to the manager and us.

They need to start taking responsibility and winning each match this month for starters.

Morelos won us a big game 3 days earlier...

He did mate but he was rotten last night and his discipline was shocking.
It is ok to be the Chairman of his fan club but when he is shite also you have to admit it.
Every ball that came to him was bouncing off him. His discipline was as bad as it has ever been and McKenna has him in his pocket the whole game.

The miss was absolutely woeful.

As stated he wasn’t the only one, the whole team was shit and Fredo has won us many games this season and last.
This doesn’t mean he is absolved from playing like he did last night though. He needs a boot up the arse from SG.

I wouldn't have said we were on form but, we have been winning , and drawing games , by showing dig, hard work and some character-that's important but its a tough way to go through a season.
And if teams, suss your game plan, dig in & frustrate then we don't have the quality or leadership to change it.
that's worrying, two copycat games against a mediocre Aberdeen and no lessons learned

Team has a history of bottling the must win matches domestically over the last couple of seasons.

Cup semis, 2-3 game v Filth.

There’s no excuses. Our midfield is a huge concern. Will be completely overrun by the mhanks.

The management and the team were well off it last night. The gameplan and the performance were both shocking. Hopefully a big wake up call. Thank %^*& the tims dropped points last night, which is both a relief and annoying as %^*& as we could have went 3 points clear with a win. But we just need to go game by game. Dundee away then Hamilton at home are about as good a two fixtures you could hope for to right the wrongs.

It is ok to be the Chairman of his fan club but when he is shite also you have to admit it.
Every ball that came to him was bouncing off him. His discipline was as bad as it has ever been and McKenna has him in his pocket the whole game.

As stated he wasn’t the only one, the whole team was shit and Fredo has won us many games this season and last.
This doesn’t mean he is absolved from playing like he did last night though. He needs a boot up the arse from SG.

I have admitted it. I just don’t see the need for another thread bashing him along with the implication he won’t do it in big games a mere 72 hours after he’s won us what was arguably a much tougher fixture.

He needs his baws booted, but it was still 10 v 10 out there. He’ll miss more chances, just like far better players than him have missed glaring opportunities. Gerrard and co were as much to blame for last night as anyone.

Just my opinion and I wait to be ridiculed but I don't think anyone would pay big money him while he keeps on getting stupid bookings he just doesnt seem to be learning and this one 24 hours after a team meeting . And I love the wee guy

I have admitted it. I just don’t see the need for another thread bashing him along with the implication he won’t do it in big games a mere 72 hours after he’s won us what was arguably a much tougher fixture.

He needs his baws booted, but it was still 10 v 10 out there. He’ll miss more chances, just like far better players than him have missed glaring opportunities. Gerrard and co were as much to blame for last night as anyone.

He will continue to win us many games mate but I would like him to do it against this lot and the scum.

That’s the attitude we need to get away from.

It’s ok to let down your team as long as you’ve played well in games before?

We need players to play well in as many games as possible.

I worry we were complacent as the players saw it as a big achievement going top of the league. It will be a big achievement if we’re top come end of May not start if December

There was complacency on and off the park last night - which is utterly mind-boggling.

I'm hoping a journalist asks Gerrard why he feels the needs to change out in form players. I think the fans are now nearly 100% in agreement the tinkering and needless changes are more harmful than helpful.

That’s the attitude we need to get away from.

It’s ok to let down your team as long as you’ve played well in games before?

We need players to play well in as many games as possible.

I worry we were complacent as the players saw it as a big achievement going top of the league. It will be a big achievement if we’re top come end of May not start if December

Eh?

I think the spoiled self entitled attitude is part of the problem. We’ll lose more games, Morelos will miss more chances, Gerrard will get things wrong again too. It’s not our divine right to win every game and these are all a part of football.

Team has a history of bottling the must win matches domestically over the last couple of seasons.

Cup semis, 2-3 game v Filth.

There’s no excuses. Our midfield is a huge concern. Will be completely overrun by the mhanks.
I have to agree with you on this. I thot we were going on a good run and would mibees beat them but I now have serious doubts.

We need to add at least two quality players if we are to have a go at 55 this season.

This continual cycle goes nowhere.

Put last night to the side for a minute. Not every loss is a catastrophe because it's impossible for us to win every game. We're one window into a rebuild, making it even more impossible to win every game. We're playing 2 games every week, making it even more impossible to win every single game.

Last nights performance was utter shîte, but sometimes teams deliver utter shîte performances – we're not a Man City who can deliver an 8 or 9 out of 10 every game. We've seen these players up until this point, they give absolutely everything for us. Dropping points isn't through lack of effort or responsibility, it's a lack of quality in the match squad. Even when we up our quality in areas, we're still going to lose games because it's impossible for every player, no matter how good, to be on their game every day.

When does the perpetual cycle of 'this is a must-win game' end? Every game is important, but if we treat every game like it's going to win or lose us the league then we'll never stop crying 'we failed the test again' because even when we do win the league, we'll still lose matches.

I've seen folk resort back to the 'weak-minded losers' line once again, well another set of 'weak-minded losers' also dropped points last night and they're the current holders. Every cünt is going to drop points and the sooner we're able to take a match and be pissed off at it in isolation rather than resort to the 'WE'RE AW SHîTE' mindset, the better.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment when you say this team isn't good enough but then expect them to win every game. That's not particularly directed at OP, but the support in general.

AND ANOTHER THING

Within the space of 6 days we played Villereal, Hearts away and Aberdeen – no matter how good our squad gets they'll struggle with those 3 fixtures in less than a week, it's a fücking mental schedule.

Just wait till we lose our next game.

I think posters forgot that we will lose and draw games in a season.

Peorsonally, I think we are ahead of where we should be.

I didn’t imagine that we would already be ahead of the poets in the league.

I’m more than content.
The manner of losing rankles more than losing itself.

We are still work in progress. Stevie G has only had one transfer window, clearly we are still lacking in some areas and we will hopefully be able to address them in January. Last night was terrible but we will have games like that along the way. We have to respond in the right way though.

Average of at least one in three games, the gaffer is having to tell the players"it's not good enough"!!!!!!

Eh?

I think the spoiled self entitled attitude is part of the problem. We’ll lose more games, Morelos will miss more chances, Gerrard will get things wrong again too. It’s not our divine right to win every game and these are all a part of football.

The attitude I’m talking about is excusing players, Morelos in this instance, for making the same stupid mistakes that cost us. I’m not talking missing chances I’m talking discipline.

Just my opinion and I wait to be ridiculed but I don't think anyone would pay big money him while he keeps on getting stupid bookings he just doesnt seem to be learning and this one 24 hours after a team meeting . And I love the wee guy

Anyone that ridicules you for the above is a balloon. The number of time he lashes out petulantly in any one game is nuts. None of them are a problem in isolation as he rarely makes contact and it’s just wee flicks but taking them together it’s lunacy. The one last night was actually out of character in that it was arguably worthy of a straight red. I love Buffalo and adore his work rate and grit but he needs to stop the nonsense or he will find himself out of the team (and not just through suspension).

This is the first time all season that I'm finding it difficult to forget about a bad result, losing last minute goals at the start of the season, Livingston and the defending in Moscow were all easier to overcome than this. Also the fact we've gave up another chance of putting distance between us and them is incredibly frustrating.

Sunday is now massive in terms of getting back some confidence and back to winning.

The managers team selection will be very interesting to say the least.

The attitude I’m talking about is excusing players, Morelos in this instance, for making the same stupid mistakes that cost us. I’m not talking missing chances I’m talking discipline.

Then you need to learn how to read pal because I never excused his behaviour, I’ve absolutely condemned it. I can forgive him for missing a chance though, especially when he’s been winning us games with far less input from his team mates.

He was indeed shite last night, and thats how we lost.

Arfield not being there played a large part in Morelos’ performance I think. They link up superbly with each other.

I have learned, particularly after a defeat, to beware the unambiguous narrative so common with football fans; even in victory these are apparent. We lost one game at home; was it our first at home for quite a time? Aberdeen are quite probably a better team than we give them credit for, and there is a danger that we underestimate how good the teams we are up against actually are; they play in the same division as us, what right do we have to say that we should just win any game by just turning up? I expect that anytime this club has won a league title there was the odd bad result, just like last night's, but the extent to which the manager, and certain players get criticised is short sighted and in many ways irrational. We are in a good place but last night's result wasn't a total surprise to me though, because league campaigns are demanding, not just on a team, but a whole club. Dundee away will be a hard game; hopefully we play well and win, but it won't be easy, because none of them are.

There's no point in over analysing things. We were rank rotten from 1-11 and the subs as well.

It's not Flanagan's fault or anyone else in particular. The whole team to a man was rank rotten and it was a disgraceful display against a pish poor Aberdeen team.

There is no point in a thread bashing for any individual player , it was ultimately a poor team performance , I honestly would struggle to give one player pass marks last night , maybe Jack as I think the problem is lack of movement in front of him, we need guile in the middle of the park.
This isn’t the end of these type of performances from time to time as it’s a new squad gelling together,which needs improved from middle to front.
Onwards and upwards, this is a marathon which will go to the finish.

There's no point in over analysing things. We were rank rotten from 1-11 and the subs as well.

It's not Flanagan's fault or anyone else in particular. The whole team to a man was rank rotten and it was a disgraceful display against a pish poor Aberdeen team.
That's about the size of it.

No player played to their level: slow, misplaced simple passes, shocking discipline, too many touches, no movement, no leadership. As bad as I've seen us at home in 2 years and that's saying something.

Hopefully now out the system and we can go on another run.

I think last nights performance was such a shock as we were not expecting that at home.
We thought we were in form and would have learned from our last few games against them.

Instead every player delivered a terrible performance, Morelos ignored everything SG said to him about keeping his discipline and was worse than the first game of the season.

He also missed a total sitter last night ( which made me punch the seat in front of me and injure my hand:eek::D out of sheer frustration).
This is a worry as he did this in big games last year against the scum.

The supports confidence and trust was shattered last night and it is now up to the players to make this up to the manager and us.

They need to start taking responsibility and winning each match this month for starters.

As horrible as they were Aberdeen got what they came for and used the exact same tactics as they did in the semi final. They defended well and took their only chance.

As you’ve pointed out a few times, we really lack a creative centr mid, Arfield is the only one that helps create anything, the others are much of a muchness.

A bit unfair on Morelos, in fact very much so, considering he’s played his part in a ridiculous amount of goals this season, and big games at that. He had a stinker, and its the 1st time I’ve really thought he’s let us down with his discipline, other times I’ve felt he’d been a bit unlucky, not last night though.

No complacency for me, this was purely down to bottle. Top of the league and it lasted 3 days. Morelos has a chance to set a new scoring record and that isn’t enough incentive for him to keep himself on the field. With Celtic dropping points we really could have out the pressure on.
There has to be a lot of changes for this Sunday - players simply need to perform or they don’t play.
With teams like Aberdeen sitting back, we need someone who can shoot from distance or players to run at them and draw fouls around the box. Someone like Kent or Grezda playing through the middle could maybe help in this aspect.

Said my piece about Morelos. Don’t need to bash him any further Or the rest of the team. I think they know or hopefully know by now a performance like that will not be tolerated or afforded again.

Last night put me in a bad mood.When Morelos got sent off I switched off and went to bed.Woke up and am still raging.Twice we played them in a row and it was the same game....hopefully just a blip.

Last night put me in a bad mood.When Morelos got sent off I switched off and went to bed.Woke up and am still raging.Twice we played them in a row and it was the same game....hopefully just a blip.
If anyone told you at the start of the season that we we would already be ahead of them in the league. And one match from the last 32 in Europe, you'd have thought you were still in bed dreaming.

Don't sit angry all day.

We're going to lose and draw plenty more.

Chill.

I'm hoping a journalist asks Gerrard why he feels the needs to change out in form players. I think the fans are now nearly 100% in agreement the tinkering and needless changes are more harmful than helpful.

A shed load of games in an extremely short period of time would be my guess, but it can be so frustrating I give you that.

Put last night to the side for a minute. Not every loss is a catastrophe because it's impossible for us to win every game. We're one window into a rebuild, making it even more impossible to win every game. We're playing 2 games every week, making it even more impossible to win every single game.

Last nights performance was utter shîte, but sometimes teams deliver utter shîte performances – we're not a Man City who can deliver an 8 or 9 out of 10 every game. We've seen these players up until this point, they give absolutely everything for us. Dropping points isn't through lack of effort or responsibility, it's a lack of quality in the match squad. Even when we up our quality in areas, we're still going to lose games because it's impossible for every player, no matter how good, to be on their game every day.

When does the perpetual cycle of 'this is a must-win game' end? Every game is important, but if we treat every game like it's going to win or lose us the league then we'll never stop crying 'we failed the test again' because even when we do win the league, we'll still lose matches.

I've seen folk resort back to the 'weak-minded losers' line once again, well another set of 'weak-minded losers' also dropped points last night and they're the current holders. Every cünt is going to drop points and the sooner we're able to take a match and be pissed off at it in isolation rather than resort to the 'WE'RE AW SHîTE' mindset, the better.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment when you say this team isn't good enough but then expect them to win every game. That's not particularly directed at OP, but the support in general.

AND ANOTHER THING

Within the space of 6 days we played Villereal, Hearts away and Aberdeen – no matter how good our squad gets they'll struggle with those 3 fixtures in less than a week, it's a fücking mental schedule.
Also down to ten men in each fixture has to have played a part.

AND ANOTHER THING

You make a lot of sense. I thought we looked physically and mentally tired last night and those 3 huge games are a factor.

He should have been took off at half time , everyone in Ibrox knew morelos was getting sent off in the second half

If anyone told you at the start of the season that we we would already be ahead of them in the league. And one match from the last 32 in Europe, you'd have thought you were still in bed dreaming.

Don't sit angry all day.

We're going to lose and draw plenty more.

Chill.
I know mate ,I know.A couple good players in in Jan should help.Morelos even tho I like him when he does stupid shit like that after doing it before just infuriates me.Flanagan is shite,no getting away from that and our 2 loan cm's have went off the boil.But aye the positives far outweigh the bad.

He should have been took off at half time , everyone in Ibrox knew morelos was getting sent off in the second half

His replacement did a good job of trying to follow him off up the tunnel too.

But I somewhat agree, although if we’d taken him off at half time and still lost we all know Gerrard would be getting pelters for having brought him off at half time.

The management and the team were well off it last night. The gameplan and the performance were both shocking. Hopefully a big wake up call. Thank %^*& the tims dropped points last night, which is both a relief and annoying as %^*& as we could have went 3 points clear with a win. But we just need to go game by game. Dundee away then Hamilton at home are about as good a two fixtures you could hope for to right the wrongs.

I think all of us including the manager read too much into the first game against them and didn’t pay enough attention to what went wrong at Hampden, putting it down to a freak result and Sadiq upfront when there were deeper tactical matters to address. We didn’t create nearly enough in that game and didn’t create much more last night.

A bad night all round but it shouldn’t knock us off our stride main thing is we don’t make the same mistakes next time.

Steady..........:eek::eek::eek::p:D:D

AND ANOTHER THING

Within the space of 6 days we played Villereal, Hearts away and Aberdeen – no matter how good our squad gets they'll struggle with those 3 fixtures in less than a week, it's a fücking mental schedule.[/QUOTE

To add to your last paragraph, most of these players aren't even used to playing every week , never mind twice a week for most of the season so far.

Overall we are probably ahead of where we expected to be at this stage, exceeding expectations in Europe and still in touching distance in the league. We also have to be completely honest and say there are still areas where major improvement is needed. I do not see us winning the title without at least 2 quality signings in key areas in January

I'm not going to criticize Alfie,we wouldn't be where we are without him,clearly he is being targeted by players,refs and the media,he needs to wisen up to that and be one step ahead of them. Outrageous the flak he's getting and he'll still get my backing.

If we are saying Morelos has to wisen up what should he have done differently with regards to the first booking last night ?

Back