The Redhurst Hotel

El Toro

Anyone watched any games in there since its been done up? My wife and kids have booked for Wed night but want somewhere proper bouncing for them.

Care to expand on that?

It used to be rammed for big Gers games, but when they redeveloped it, they were looking to make it more of a wedding/function venue.

It's probably the best option if you've got young kids, but in comparison to Monteiths, The Overlee, The Cartvale, The Bank, or especially Busby Masonic, It'll be tame.

The rest will all be jumping.

The Redhurst isn’t ideal for watching the game, only a couple of telly’s. If you were to try elsewhere then Monteiths or the OP are probably best, the Overlee is fully booked.

Was in watching the Leipzig game. One screen plus a couple of tv's. Looks great but there was no commentary. The barman said they don't normally have the sound on, only for big games like Scotland matches. I would hope they would class this as a big game. Good luck, hope its jumping.

Was in for the Scottish cup semi final a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly bit of a mixed crowd, place has always been rangers orientated and is one of the clarkston rsc stops.

Overlee definitely a better option IMO.

It used to be rammed for big Gers games, but when they redeveloped it, they were looking to make it more of a wedding/function venue.

It's probably the best option if you've got young kids, but in comparison to Monteiths, The Overlee, The Cartvale, The Bank, or especially Busby Masonic, It'll be tame.

Cartvale and masonic not showing it

The Bank is good, in saying that, only been in it once

The Bank a lot more mixed now than it used to be. I watched the game v them in February up there and it was pretty much half and half. Fine when you’re winning, otherwise not.

The Bank a lot more mixed now than it used to be. I watched the game v them in February up there and it was pretty much half and half. Fine when you’re winning, otherwise not.
Is it decent for games in there? it will be full of us Wednesday so shouldn’t have to worry about mixing.

Having been to both recently I'd take the Overlee over the Redhurst. Not that I'll be there as ee never win when I watch us there

Is it decent for games in there? it will be full of us Wednesday so shouldn’t have to worry about mixing.
Yeah, quite a lot of tv screens. One above the door, one in the right corner as you walk in, two above the bar at either side, one in the restaurant area (might be two), a few on the mezzanine. Service is always pretty quick too and decent staff.

Yeah, quite a lot of tv screens. One above the door, one in the right corner as you walk in, two above the bar at either side, one in the restaurant area (might be two), a few on the mezzanine. Service is always pretty quick too and decent staff.
Will they let you wear football colours on wed? Will have to warn my friends not to if they don’t

Th White Elephant on Merrylee Rd is showing the game, it's a mixed pub, but will be all Rangers on Wed.
Yeah it’s decent (for older Bears, it used to be Napoleons many moons ago). There’s an older guy with a moustache usually behind the bar who’s a good Bear.

Will they let you wear football colours on wed? Will have to warn my friends not to if they don’t
I’d phone ahead and check. Never seen folk with colours in there except when it’s Scotland matches, which is usually seen as fine in most Glasgow pubs, even ones who don’t accept colours usually.

I’d phone ahead and check. Never seen folk with colours in there except when it’s Scotland matches, which is usually seen as fine in most Glasgow pubs, even ones who don’t accept colours usually.

I was in it after the semi final a few weeks ago and me and all the other bears in it had colours on and nothing was said, even had a good sing song and it was fine.

Back