The ref tonight

Starting Anew

Not at Clancy levels but yet another shocking performance. Several wrong offsides given. Several instances of folk being held and pulled around the box with nothing given. Allowing Stranraer off with very harsh fouls and booking Patterson for his only foul. Then the worst one where he allowed play to continue following the head knock while Stranraer were attacking but stopped it as soon as we broke. It wasn’t a foul so it wasn’t like he was allowing play on. It was a player safety issue but he ignored it in the hope of them scoring only to apply it to stop us.

Shocking. Again.

No complaint with Stranraer. They did the best they could and even the hard tackles were more just about them being too slow rather than being nasty. But the ref needs to pull them up.

And, of course, the only talking point will be about whether it was a corner at our goal!

Not at Clancy levels but yet another shocking performance. Several wrong offsides given. Several instances of folk being held and pulled around the box with nothing given. Allowing Stranraer off with very harsh fouls and booking Patterson for his only foul. Then the worst one where he allowed play to continue following the head knock while Stranraer were attacking but stopped it as soon as we broke. It wasn’t a foul so it wasn’t like he was allowing play on. It was a player safety issue but he ignored it in the hope of them scoring only to apply it to stop us.

Shocking. Again.

No complaint with Stranraer. They did the best they could and even the hard tackles were more just about them being too slow rather than being nasty. But the ref needs to pull them up.

And, of course, the only talking point will be about whether it was a corner at our goal!

the head knock one was just a fecking embarrassment. If he's hurt his head, stop the game. don't play for a minute, then stop when possession changes sides.

there was a very naughty follow through halliday first half. reminded me of porteous

Yeah. But given that they generally seemed honest the rest of the game, I was willing to write that one off as just a bad player making a wild lunge in a panic rather than being deliberate. ‘Lucky’ not to see red though (if luck was involved with refs against us).

A cheat pure and simple.

A Stranraer player got off scot free with an assault in the first half.

The ref couldn't wait to yellow our young back for a foul just into the second half.

We need to call out these b@stards at every turn.

the head knock one was just a fecking embarrassment. If he's hurt his head, stop the game. don't play for a minute, then stop when possession changes sides.
That was just standard sleekitness.
Chance of Stranraer scoring, play on.
Chance of us breaking away and scoring, the head knock suddenly takes a turn for the worse, perhaps a dangerous relapse nobody else saw, and play has to be stopped for “immediate” treatment.
This has been standard fare for a while.

Yeah. But given that they generally seemed honest the rest of the game, I was willing to write that one off as just a bad player making a wild lunge in a panic rather than being deliberate. ‘Lucky’ not to see red though (if luck was involved with refs against us).
If that tackle had been made by a man in a blue shirt, what colour of card would Beaton have shown?

Who's
The tackle on Halliday is a red all day everyday.

But it wasn't.

These things need to be called out and highlighted EVERY game.

Because they are happening EVERY game.

If that tackle had been made by a man in a blue shirt, what colour of card would Beaton have shown?

It would have been red but probably blueshifted outwith visible wavelengths by the speed Beaton would have pulled it. Plus extended video review panels calling for a lengthened ban. And lynch...er...hanging if Alfie did it.

Who's

But it wasn't.

These things need to be called out and highlighted EVERY game.

Because they are happening EVERY game.

when yo see the replay. Stud marks right down the leg. Looked a straight red on first viewing, you see the replay and it’s a head scratcher he’s still on the park.

I remember there used to be a poster who regularly came on here a couple of seasons ago to defend referees and Beaton in particular after that Hibs game where his decision making was highly questionable. The guy concerned always argued that there was no deliberate anti-Rangers bias among referees. I have been wondering if this guy surfaced on here after Clancy's performance last month. On the basis of our games against Scottish opposition this season alone, anybody who does not believe that Rangers players are refereed to a separate and different standard (and in Clancy's case to a different set of rules) is denying the evidence of their own eyes.

Said on another thread. Aribo and Halliday both took potentially bad ones in the first half.

Defoe clearly man handled inside the box aswell. A pen all day long.

Drastic as it sounds I want foreign refs with mo bias refereeing us.

I remember there used to be a poster who regularly came on here a couple of seasons ago to defend referees and Beaton in particular after that Hibs game where his decision making was highly questionable. The guy concerned always argued that there was no deliberate anti-Rangers bias among referees. I have been wondering if this guy surfaced on here after Clancy's performance last month. On the basis of our games against Scottish opposition this season alone, anybody who does not believe that Rangers players are refereed to a separate and different standard (and in Clancy's case to a different set of rules) is denying the evidence of their own eyes.
OnTheLine. OTL for short.

Last edited:
The SFA are a disgrace. The Refs have been dreadful for years yet they have done jack shit about it!! We can expect more Clancy performances before this season is finished. You can bet your house on that.

Poor referring again,penalty not given and their player should have seen red.

An exceptionally poor performance from all of the officials which strangely only happens when Cheating Beeston is Ref no 1.

Linesman was wrong couple of times and when saw replay you wonder how the can get it wrong. Ref well leave it at that.

Shambolic performance
The number of fouls we should have had on the edge of their box but weren't given was ludicrous

Defoe being pulled back midway in first half

Patterson making a great table first half on the halfway line and he gave a foul

Etc etc.

Refs in Scotland are either unfit for purpose, cheats or both

The club need to call out the referees instead of saying VAR will help them.
Just say it Rangers...the refs are a disgrace and know what they are doing.
Take yer pick...cheating, hopeless or scared.
I say all three.

He was really biased against Rangers it was yet another example of an incredible level of corruption in refereeing. Its quite frightening how motivated these guys are to perform for the media and upset the Ibrox crowd... while doing everything to assist the tims. If we tackle like they did its a red in any fixture and there was at least one obvious penalty early on as well as fouls around the box he seen but ignored. There is no doubt the guy was cheating i dont care if it was against crap opposition.

I dont worry about the opposition we can outplay Aberdeen away in the cup, Celtic in the league or cup final or Hibs, Motherwell etc when giving their all and fighting for every ball... i worry about Beaton, Clancy, McLean and worst of the lot Madden, what Gerrard is up against and has to deal with is something that i very much doubt goes on anywhere in world sport. Its getting worse too.

Still dont get why we cant call it cheating ? by saying 0 or suggesting its pure bad luck we only encourage more of this yahoo style of reffin, it wont change until we find a way to change it as we aint getting any help or honesty from sfa/ex refs or anyone in the press the media guys will just continue to play dumb and focus on the odd incident or decision which does go Rangers way.

The dignified silence scenario has run it's course. It's time for something to be said.

Also, VAR is not the answer. It's not the big fix for bad refereeing.

Call out the officials that are not to the standard expected.

To be honest I thought the ref was poor but it’s not something I am going to argue is unique to our club given the circumstances last night. I’m all for calling out the blatant double standards we get every week in spl games or cup games against other bigger teams - I’ve long been a believer refs are terrified to give us anything because the reprisals in the press are so career limiting for them.

But for me last night was standard lower league cup team gets away with a lot more than the giant team because the ref factors in they aren’t anywhere near as fit, they barely see the ball all game and for many of them it’s their one big career game. It happens all the time lower league teams get an uneven run of the green versus a top level team. It’s very standard human being behaviour where they involuntarily favour under dogs. And yes I know refs are supposed to be above this - but they aren’t. They are shit refs at the best of time so it’s no surprise to see this too.

The dignified silence scenario has run it's course. It's time for something to be said.

Also, VAR is not the answer. It's not the big fix for bad refereeing.

Call out the officials that are not to the standard expected.

Last night was a good example of why screaming for VAR is such a bad idea for Rangers. Ref was in the a perfect position to make plenty of these calls just didnt want too. Nothing to do with poor standard, needing another look or not being sure.... didnt want too because he was out there to bend rules and protect his own career. Same with Clancy i think he was cheating cos he was too terrified to be honest he knew any calls going our way in such a crucial fixture and hes getting the blame.

Chance of us breaking away and scoring, the head knock suddenly takes a turn for the worse, perhaps a dangerous relapse nobody else saw, and play has to be stopped for “immediate” treatment.
Just one aspect on how referees
influence our games.

As someone posted on the match thread the ref completely ignored the rules when we got the penalty as it should have been a red card as well. The poster summed it up by saying he is ignoring the rules because Stranraer are the 'small' team but it is not in a referee's remit to apply the rules when it suits.

Great bet on tonights tv game, Partick or the draw 8/1.

Ref will be totally ignoring the rules to help the Jags out cos they are skint/pesh/unfit/not even a diddy club these days.

There were plenty of examples again last night but the injured Stranraer player really got me. In fact while it was transpiring I said that to myself, he’ll stop when they lose possession. I’d love to hear his justification for that.

Then the usual no calls on penalty incidents, offside call or other that either chalks off a goal for us or allows an offside goal to stand against us. Many of you on here will know my use of probabilities / stats to analyze events. I can say the laws of probabilities seem to go out the window when we are involved. And it only goes one way, which of course is unnatural.

Celtic haven't scored a legitimate goal against us in the last two games, but I don’t see any clean sheets. Beaton apologized to us it was so bad the penalty “miss” against Aberdeen then comes right back out in his next game involving us and fails to call at least one, arguably two where he has a clear view.

Thought the 1st half tackle on Halliday(?) looked a wild one, not saw replay though.

It was. It was that late his showing studs went behind Halliday and nearly tore his calf from the bone. 100% red all day long. Even if he did not make contact it was dangerous play. BUT he did. That is just blatant cheating again and there is no way a Rangers player would have survived staying on the field after that, with this ref. Far too scared to give anything for us.

ontheline

I believe he is currently masquerading as Captain Objective but not 100%.

Back