The referee tonight and the penalty call on Morelos

Ulsterscot

Official Ticketer
Firstly another stonewaller turned down In Europe.

Was as clear as day for me.

Secondly the German referee Felix Bryth is allegedly one of the best referees in Europe and has done European finals and World Cups.

I didn’t rate him at all tonight but someone posted on the match thread that he has refereed us before and never done us any favours that night.

What games was it?

Last edited:

Secondly the German referee Felix Bryth is allegedly one of the best referees in Europe and has done European finals and World Cups.

I didn’t rate him at all tonight but someone posted on the match thread that he has refereed us before and never done is any favours that night.

What games was it?

Definitely recognise him but can't think what game he has ref'd us in before.

I didn’t rate him at all tonight but someone posted on the match thread that he has refereed us before and never done is any favours that night.

What games was it?
According to Google it was the 3-0 loss in Valencia mate.

The defender was beaten and had has arm across Alfie with no chance of playing the ball. Might have been a little "soft" but bet that would have been a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Err, which makes it a penalty.

Mate really?

I say this a lot on this forum I call it as I see and can take off the blue tinted specs when it comes to decisions.

When Morelos got in front of the defender he clearly clipped Morelos heals.
Yep - really. It could have been a penalty, but not a stonewaller by any means.

I seem to always give Referees leeway due to how hard the job is. He didn't see the clip at the legs and it would have been soft to give it for just the small tug alone. How is VAR not in the Europa league

Definitely recognise him but can't think what game he has ref'd us in before.

I recognise from other European games but given referees don’t have great longevity at the top level I’m thinking it must have been a game in the last 2 years as it surely wouldn’t have been from 8 or 9 years ago.

Was out working so couldn't watch live. Just saw the highlights, cant see any reason why not given as a penalty. If ref didnt think was a penalty, why was Morelos not booked for diving. Stonewall penalty

Not just the referees ,tonight linesman had a better view , in Holland again the linesman seen Alfie getting jumped all over , against the mentally challengeds clear view on offside goal again the linesman clear view . None of them flagged . They are all against us not just the refs and we say next to nothing officially .
Also penalty challenge was exactly the same as Jacks two challenges he got bookings for and ultimately sent off

Dubious...Do explain?
I will try. Sorensen (I believe) put an arm around Alfie, but not enough to bring him down. I think his leg made contact with Alfie's leg and then Alfredo went down. In my opinion, it would have been a soft penalty, but I've seen them given.

I didn’t rate him at all tonight but someone posted on the match thread that he has refereed us before and never done us any favours that night.

What games was it?
It seems referees just don't like us, and what's more I don't like them.

He was atrocious all night. Jack's first yellow card was an absolute joke as well. These strange decisions and refereeing "mistakes" are a recurring theme for us. We get very few going in our favour.

Time to start asking for clarification and explanations from referees. The Bheasts are reaping the rewards from years of doing this, pressuring, threatening and assaulting referees. I don't condone assault or threats but time we, as a club, start calling them out.

You are absolutely clueless.

Or a referee. In fact, probably both but a failed referee.
So I'm clueless because I disagree with you? Others on here disagree with you as well. Just chill and enjoy that we are in Europe after Christmas. For the record, I have never been a referee but have been dished out a few red cards from them :)

Gave us sod-all all night. It's beginning to become a competition- are refs in Europe worse than those in Scotland?

Alfie gets fouled right left and centre. The problem is the way he goes to ground when he anticipates the foul. It looks like he’s looking for it.

I don’t think that helps him at times unfortunately.

I thought all the officials were borderline incompetent. Govan side linesman gave a throw to them in first minute when they had passed it out. I hate European football in terms of diving. Jacks second foul. The boy was diving before the challenge was made. Sick of it tbh.

I will try. Sorensen (I believe) put an arm around Alfie, but not enough to bring him down. I think his leg made contact with Alfie's leg and then Alfredo went down. In my opinion, it would have been a soft penalty, but I've seen them given.

I think you're emptying the grey bin on a recycling week.

He clipped Alfie's foot onto his other foot making it impossible for him to stay up - Hence the defender brought him down - A penalty.

I think you're emptying the grey bin on a recycling week.

He clipped Alfie's foot onto his other foot making it impossible for him to stay up - Hence the defender brought him down - A penalty.
Lol. I know nothing about bins, especially the cycle or recycle in th UK. The Bin man is just a moniker. Again, I’m not saying it was not a penalty, but it was not a stonewall.

Back