The referee tonight and the penalty call on Morelos

We can thank the scottish media for peddling the Morelos goes down too easy nonsense that now sees european referees watch him extra closer.

Strange thing is he stayed on his feet majority of the time last year when hammered and he never got anything.

Gerrard has told tim every foul you go down and dont rise.

The ref was terrible in the first half. Gave us nothing but anytime a YB player hit the deck it was a foul.

I was concerned when I saw Brych was the ref. Bern is a German speaking region of Switzerland so putting him in charge is like putting an English referee in charge. In the first half every 50/50 decision went against us. The penalty decision was ridiculous but in keeping with. Everything. That had gone before.

The ref looked and acted like he didn’t want to be reffing the match almost disinterested st times.

Maybe he thinks that the Europa league is beneath him. He certainly acted like it.

The ref looked and acted like he didn’t want to be reffing the match almost disinterested st times.

Maybe he thinks that the Europa league is beneath him. He certainly acted like it.

Always looks that way, arrogant... i think hes just a totally overrated ref seen him having some awful games in other european ties.... cant rem the teams but maybe there because of the league and competition he refs every week and not so much his ability to do the job.

Not for a minute saying the guys a cheat or anything like that no way.... only here we have that problem with most people in refereeing dancing to the big peters tune.

Our refs could do a better job than that guy last night if they wanted too but so often when its Rangers they only want to cause the clubs problems.

I thought he ws particularly harsh with Morelos. Outwith the stonewall penalty, he gave the wee man nothing

I think Morelos is a victim of his own success in a manner of speaking.

He uses his body in such a way to invite fouls and, if we're being perfectly honest, can go down quite easily at times.

However, I've also longed for us to have players that are more streetwise, especially in Europe where games can be very tight and every and any advantage should be used.

Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he doesn't, but sometimes he is actually fouled.

I thought the penalty was a good example of the way he plays. He showed strength and speed to get himself past the big defender and into a position that invited the defender to foul him.

For what it's worth I think there was slight contact and that was all Morelos needed to go down. It's the type of penalty you see given at times; at others, like last night, where perhaps the referee was aware of the way our man plays, they're not.

I think Morelos is a victim of his own success in a manner of speaking.

He uses his body in such a way to invite fouls and, if we're being perfectly honest, can go down quite easily at times.

However, I've also longed for us to have players that are more streetwise, especially in Europe where games can be very tight and every and any advantage should be used.

Sometimes he gets away with it, sometimes he doesn't, but sometimes he is actually fouled.

I thought the penalty was a good example of the way he plays. He showed strength and speed to get himself past the big defender and into a position that invited the defender to foul him.

For what it's worth I think there was slight contact and that was all Morelos needed to go down. It's the type of penalty you see given at times; at others, like last night, where perhaps the referee was aware of the way our man plays, they're not.
The thing with this "slight contact" Shit is that anyone who has played the game knows that slight contact on the body should not result in a player going down ,however slight contact on a players heel or foot when he is running at speed results in a "click " of one foot across the other and is a Foul/penalty every day of the week.It is simply impossible to not go down in that scenario.

Its the exact same penalty that Mehmet Scholl got off Gio in 1999

Caught wrong side
Hands pulling shoulder
Heels clipped

Very very disappointed in Brych. His non awards in first half hour were staggering.

That said we got away with much time wasting which was great

Stonewaller not given in Berne
Stonewaller not given in Rotterdam
Stonewaller not given at Pittodrie
Stonewaller (or 2) not given at Hampden
Stonewaller not given tonight
Stonewaller not given at Fir Park

All on Alfie.

Updated.

Back