The referee tonight and the penalty call on Morelos

Firstly another stonewaller turned down In Europe.

Was as clear as day for me.

Secondly the German referee Felix Bryth is allegedly one of the best referees in Europe and has done European finals and World Cups.

I didn’t rate him at all tonight but someone posted on the match thread that he has refereed us before and never done us any favours that night.

What games was it?

Looked like a pen from Row H SJ Rear. Morelos got goalside and the defender tripped him was my reaction at the game.

Bloke next to me wasn't sure it was a pen though.

Thought he was dreadful throughout the match. Just in the first 90 seconds there was two fouls on Alfie he ignored which set the tone for how he was going to ref him for the rest of the 90 minutes

Stonewaller not given in Berne
Stonewaller not given in Rotterdam
Stonewaller not given at Pittodrie
Stonewaller (or 2) not given at Hampden
Stonewaller not given tonight

All on Alfie.
I thought we should have got 3 on Sunday. Broon on Alfie, the one we got and one after the rebound.

I hate being paranoid, but if that's against us it's given all day long.

Throbber on Bein commentary was saying yes outside the box it might be a foul, but it's never a penalty...

If it's a foul outside the box it's foul inside the box. Jesus K rist where do they find these people.

I said when I saw him, he had previous. I can't for the life of me remember though what game. He had a few dodgy calls tonight.

I will try. Sorensen (I believe) put an arm around Alfie, but not enough to bring him down. I think his leg made contact with Alfie's leg and then Alfredo went down. In my opinion, it would have been a soft penalty, but I've seen them given.
“I’ve seen them given”, aye 95% of the time this type of challenge is made you’ll see them given

I will try. Sorensen (I believe) put an arm around Alfie, but not enough to bring him down. I think his leg made contact with Alfie's leg and then Alfredo went down. In my opinion, it would have been a soft penalty, but I've seen them given.

So fouling him twice would result in a soft penalty?

%^*& me!

I seem to always give Referees leeway due to how hard the job is. He didn't see the clip at the legs and it would have been soft to give it for just the small tug alone. How is VAR not in the Europa league
I might be wrong, but I think it comes in from the QF or something like that.

What minute was the incident? I missed most of the game, and I don't think this issue was shown on the RTV highlights.

Of course you have seen them given.
So has every person who has ever watched football.
That would be because it was a clear foul on a player in the penalty box and there is a rule that interprets this as a penalty.

Look we all know the root cause of our referee issues in Scotland.... Peter Lawell

Is it possible this is the same root cause in Europe?

And for the people who will label this as paranoia etc, we only need to look at FARE to see how easy it is for our enemies to wriggle themselves into positions of influence which they really shouldn’t be in.

Alfie is fouled twice in the box by Sorensen the pull and then clearly clips Alfie's foot there is nothing soft about it.

Hang on, I’d like to know what the BT Sport referee said so I know for sure if it was a penalty or not.

All on Alfie.
According to that qunt Sutton on Sunday, he has some kind of reputation!
Not sure what for here but, it shouldn’t matter because referees are supposed to referee the game without any preconceptions.
I guess what Sutton is trying to say is that Rangers, and Morelos in particular, are not refereed to and within the framework of referee training or laws of the game.

You've just given 2 reasons why it should've been a penalty and somehow reached the opposite conclusion. It doesn't matter if it wasn't enough to bring him down, it was enough to impede Morelos' movement therefore a foul.

Prior to the penalty claim, alfie was fouled twice early doors with the linesman playing statues.

Ref had a word with Alfie, seemed to be assuming he was diving as Lino had not called them

Thereafter he gave every decision against alfie due to that

From the Govan front it looked like a penalty
Alfie was away from him
If he won a penalty, he wouldn't have taken it - stay on his feet and he can maybe score
That suggests penalty

So I'm clueless because I disagree with you? Others on here disagree with you as well. Just chill and enjoy that we are in Europe after Christmas. For the record, I have never been a referee but have been dished out a few red cards from them :)
Can you not see the trip on his left foot?

If not a penalty (it was) then the way Alfie went down should have been a yellow for 'simulation'. I think the ref bottled it.

All on Alfie.
What was the one in Berne again?

All the others are correct though.

I'll also throw in that I was sure we had a stonewaller against Feyenoord at Ibrox on Alfie, not long after Tav had missed the penalty we did get?
I never ever saw that one back again though afterwards, but at the game I was sure it was as I was staring right at it sitting in line with the 6 yard box in the SJ Rear.

Alfie gets fouled right left and centre. The problem is the way he goes to ground when he anticipates the foul. It looks like he’s looking for it.

I don’t think that helps him at times unfortunately.

You are probably correct but Alfie can’t win here. If he reacts to the treatment he gets then he’s carded far too easily and if he goes down and counts to 10 then it’s a dive.

A ref is there to judge any one incident on merit, not make assumptions from reputations. If he thinks Morelos has dived he should book him. If not he has to award the foul.

Morelos did brilliantly to get around the defender and as soon as defender gets on the wrong side, he brings Alfie down quite blatantly. Stonewaller as they say

The pe
The penalty had nothing to do with him having his arm on Alfredo.watch it again and see clear as day that he clips his heels then kinda stands on his heel.didnt even need a replay to come to this conclusion.

Back