The referees strike of 10 years ago

Two things spring to mind - 1) how the hell was that 10 years ago!!?? 2) it really sticks in my craw that such an appallingly shambolic episode in Scottish football history isn't really remembered as such or that the architects of it were never held to account in any way whatsover - not by authorities, press or even most other clubs.

Yes 10 years. 27th November 2010 was the Saturday that foreign refs were brought in. I remember it well as it was the same day my son was born.

A lot has happened since then but one thing remains the same, Nobody either in the media or the referees themselves have balls to call it as it was. The strike was caused by one club and one particular individual.

Interesting to see that Dougie Mcdonald still getting the blame for starting it. Pretty sure he made the correct decision that day and the scum club still won at Tannadice. 3 weeks of being torn apart by 2 tabloid newspapers forced him out the game.

I do wonder why these papers didn't make such a big deal on the 10year anniversary of McDonald's early retirement.

Yes 10 years. 27th November 2010 was the Saturday that foreign refs were brought in. I remember it well as it was the same day my son was born.

A lot has happened since then but one thing remains the same, Nobody either in the media or the referees themselves have balls to call it as it was. The strike was caused by one club and one particular individual.

Interesting to see that Dougie Mcdonald still getting the blame for starting it. Pretty sure he made the correct decision that day and the scum club still won at Tannadice. 3 weeks of being torn apart by 2 tabloid newspapers forced him out the game.

I do wonder why these papers didn't make such a big deal on the 10year anniversary of McDonald's early retirement.

Almost every other week back then, Lennon was running onto the field of play after they dropped points to physically confront refs and jab his fingers into their face. It was outrageous what he got away with from the SFA, repeated paltry fines, including a match suspension of 45 minutes. Any other manager would have been banned for years. Dougie MacDonald is the media's convenient smokescreen and scapegoat for Celtc's blatant gangsterism and initimidation of refs and officials which caused the ref strike.

Nothing much has changed.

The real story was the celtic supporting linesman seeing that the keeper got a touch and not telling the referee until he came over and asked. The only cheating going on turned out to be for their benefit, and to cover up the linesmans indiscretion.

Yet somehow they manage to twist everything into them being victims.

The press will never call them out for anything, 2007/2008 using the death of a player that they booed when he returned with Sheff Wed in a friendly years earlier, Their fake tour of Japan. The refs strike, and everything around that period. What was the common factor? they weren't getting it their own way.

Almost every other week back then, Lennon was running onto the field of play after they dropped points to physically confront refs and jab his fingers into their face. It was outrageous what he got away with from the SFA, repeated paltry fines, including a match suspension of 45 minutes. Any other manager would have been banned for years. Dougie MacDonald is the media's convenient smokescreen and scapegoat for Celtc's blatant gangsterism and initimidation of refs and officials which caused the ref strike.
He eventually was disciplined and had an increasing numbers of games to be banned for.

Somehow this was wiped from his record and was never taken into account when he started his pish again while at hibs,

Really wish Jim Duffy had stiffened him that night on the touchline.

I still believe Lennon can be blamed for the state the whole country is in now, Might sound a bit crazy but before that touchline incident with McCoist the SNP were starting to struggle in the polls. Salmond jumped on the bandwagon and went on the anti sectarianism charge, they then increased their vote and the rest is history.

Some laugh the weekend we got foreign refs in and they made an absolute howler of a decision against the mentally challengeds.

Only real shock was they didn't claim all refs in the world were against them after that one.

Remember on here we were listening to Snyde on the Monday and there wasn’t a mention of said howler. Bheasts must have been stewing on it

IMO, this is quite probably the main event and catalyst for where these rhats are right now.

From these events (accusations/intimidation/harassment) they managed to get their "power grab" and got all their little pawns into position in what we know call the cabal.

They should have been hauled up by the SFA for their antics and bringing the game into disrepute for causing this referee strike.
Unfortunately, they weren't and hence why we are now in the position we are in, fighting for equality and a level playing field from every section of Scottish football (referees, Compliance Officers, SPFL, SFA).

Scum bags!!

It is no coincidence that they have had a raft of dodgy decisions and league wins since that debacle.

IMO, this is quite probably the main event and catalyst for where these rhats are right now.

From these events (accusations/intimidation/harassment) they managed to get their "power grab" and got all their little pawns into position in what we know call the cabal.

They should have been hauled up by the SFA for their antics and bringing the game into disrepute for causing this referee strike.
Unfortunately, they weren't and hence why we are now in the position we are in, fighting for equality and a level playing field from every section of Scottish football (referees, Compliance Officers, SPFL, SFA).

Scum bags!!
They broke the refs, then hijacked both the SPL and SFA with their own placemen. The SFA not backing their refs all but destroyed any meaningful competition up here. Officials would rather just hand that mob the points or trophies than face character assassination by Peasant journos in the tabloids.

I still believe Lennon can be blamed for the state the whole country is in now, Might sound a bit crazy but before that touchline incident with McCoist the SNP were starting to struggle in the polls. Salmond jumped on the bandwagon and went on the anti sectarianism charge, they then increased their vote and the rest is history.
Call me crazy as well as I often think that about that as a sliding doors moment in this recent history of this country. Without it we wouldn't of the offensive behaviour legislation that the Tims lapped up as a new stick to beat us with - didn't quite work out that way - and Salmond saying everything they wanted to hear.

They honestly believe they are the only club who have suffered from a referee's mistake.
Every club in the world has been there however when it happens to them all hell breaks loose.
Officials are threatened and windows are smashed.
Vile people.

Ever since then, the scum have had it all their own way with refereeing decisions, whilst we have suffered appalling cheating on an annual basis

Our game against Dundee United due to be reffed by a foreign referee was postponed because of the snow. Incidentally, the referee was also snowed in at Dunblane Hydro.

We got 3 penalties in the rearranged game. :D

We never got reffed by a foreign referee due to our postponed game.

What I do remember at the time, they drew 1-1 at home and the ref was from Israel.
It was Luxembourg referee Alain Hamer as he was down to do our game the next day at Dundee United

2-2 between Celtic and Inverness CT

Nothing much has changed.

The real story was the celtic supporting linesman seeing that the keeper got a touch and not telling the referee until he came over and asked. The only cheating going on turned out to be for their benefit, and to cover up the linesmans indiscretion.

Yet somehow they manage to twist everything into them being victims.

This is correct, the linesman admitted it in the aftermath, although he is far from the only one at fault. He went along with a lie from Dougie McDonald, after he himself knew he'd made an arse of the decision (that he was only a few yards away from). It was a stupid thing to do as he was within his rights to reverse the decision without lying about it. It would've caused the same sort of controversy from those pricks either way.

Back