The return of Kent and JJ

Gallant_Few

I honestly feel if we can keep these two fit and can get them playing as we know they can we will be a totally different animal to the team that played at Tynecastle. I believe Jones will be a big player for us as he knows the league and he looks like he has the fight that was so badly missing on Sunday.

Sunday was frustrating but with these two returning I feel we have much to be optimistic about.

Thing is a don’t think we will ever see Kent jones in the same team u less arfield is injured or he drops him.

Yes @Gallant_Few!!

Positive thread and I 100% agree

Both will bring a totally different dynamic when we attack

FWIW

Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Davis

Jones
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Granted Helander or edmundson at CH as it’s quite difficult to pick a settled partnership based on what I’ve seen of the latter
Would love to see that team.

Yes @Gallant_Few!!

FWIW

Mcgregor

Tav (c) ;)
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Davis

Jones
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Granted Helander or edmundson at CH as it’s quite difficult to pick a settled partnership based on what I’ve seen of the latter

That would be my team also, just hoping we see it when they are all fit

I'd like to see both of them get a run in the side and just let them interchange wings. Both are comfy on both sides of the park, especially Kent who's really two footed. Would be good to see two rapid wingers in our side who's only thought when they get the ball is to be direct and take players on.
Agreed,for me Ojo is not a winger and certainly doesn't have the trickery of Kent/JJ and we were crying out for that yesterday. Don't forget RJis still to come back in so not all doom and gloom.

I think Jones has a lot to do to get back in. Gerrard is ruthless and won’t easily select him back in the side. He’s dropped from the European squad remember.

Yes @Gallant_Few!!

FWIW

Mcgregor

Tav (c) ;)
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Davis

Jones
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

They will 100 percent give us a totally different dynamic. Both of them attack teams aggressively and to have two players like that will be an absolute headache for teams to handle.

I'd like to see both of them get a run in the side and just let them interchange wings. Both are comfy on both sides of the park, especially Kent who's really two footed. Would be good to see two rapid wingers in our side who's only thought when they get the ball is to be direct and take players on.

I really hope this is the preferred option and at least given a try

Arfield is a top professional and he'll understand if he's dropped and he'll push to get back in the team.

That's what we need. A togetherness. Gerrard needs to make the call

JJ and Kent will be a huge upgrade on Ojo and Arfield although i do worry about the amount of goals they will contribute

I think Stewart would get a good few goals given a run in the team

It was a shame that JJ 'lost it' with that ridiculous tackle at the end of the OF game in which he succeeded only in injuring himself. Had he not acted so rashly, JJ would have had ample game time over the past few weeks to prove his value to the team - which I believe is considerable.

Watching yesterday's lame performance by Ojo at Tynecastle, I couldn't help but think to myself how much more effective JJ would have been with his pace and enthusiasm. It can't be too soon for me to have both JJ and Kent back again and fully match fit.

Agreed,for me Ojo is not a winger and certainly doesn't have the trickery of Kent/JJ and we were crying out for that yesterday. Don't forget RJis still to come back in so not all doom and gloom.

doom and gloom %^*& all - we’ll be top of the league again come Sunday night and will be at worst level with them come the 29th dec

I think Jones has a lot to do to get back in. Gerrard is ruthless and won’t easily select him back in the side. He’s dropped from the European squad remember.
Or he's not in the squad because it looks like he will miss a minimum of 4 out of the 6 games through injury.

It won't matter much if the midfield doesn't get going will it?

Yesterday we had easily 6/7 players below even average these two players are not going to win games single handedly

Noticed Kent’s brother sitting with Meshino’s family yesterday, anybody know why?

giphy.gif

This will probably upset a few, but I don't see what a lot do in Jones, one cross apart he's average.

But then some fans have a habit of hyping players who play for Northern Ireland. Its happened with Healy, Lafferty, McAuley off the top of my head who were all very poor signings and given way too much benefit of the doubt where other foreign players were slated for similar performances. Jones might come good, but he's not one I'm excited about getting in the team.

Kent on the other hand, he will make a big difference.

Last edited:
This will probably upset a few, but I don't see what a lot do in Jones, one cross apart he's average.

But then some fans have a habit of hyping players who play for Northern Ireland. Its happened with Healy, Lafferty, McAuley off the top of my head who were all poor signings but hyped up and given way too much benefit of the doubt where other foreign players were slated for similar performances. Jones might come good, but he's not one I'm excited about getting in the team.

Kent on the other hand, he will make a big difference.

I don’t remember anyone hyping up Healy, it was accepted he was quite a limited player who was living the dream, Macauley certainly wasn’t hyped. I’ll give you Lafferty though, he got far too much leeway from folk given he’s not particularly good and a disgrace of a professional.

Might be a little against the grain but I can see the value that young Ojo can bring. I think he had a stinker on Sunday and on top of that he's very much a lazy player - one who will be easy to notice when we're struggling.

I think it was more difficult with Arfield on the other wing - Ojo will benefit from real width on the other side. One thing Ojo has that Kent has never shown is scoring ability. If Kent learns where the net is he will be worth a lot of cash.

Rather than Tav or Ojo, I think the manager has got it wrong with Arfield in the front 3 (get his running in midfield when we're playing a defensive side) and still hasn't figured out how to get Aribo up and running.

Two wingers will leave us outgunned in the middle, as happened when Daniel was in the team.

Hopefully one of them can do what Candieas used to do and cover Tav In his weaker areas and allow him to go forward as he does

A fully fit Kent on form is what we need, he's proven his ability, JJ though ? seems to have improved since he was injured in the way only Rangers players seem to do, he's had one good game for us.

Midtjylland? Hibs? Also changes the game vs Warsaw. Bit more than one.
Warsaw he put in a decent cross in about 30 mins, don't remember much more positive but fair enough an assist, Midtjylland is the good game I was thinking of and don't remember him standing out in an admittedly good team performance v Hibs.
Not having a go at the boy he's not had a run yet and I obviously hope he comes back and turns it on when he gets his chance, just unfair and unrealistic to expect it IMO

Warsaw he put in a decent cross in about 30 mins, don't remember much more positive but fair enough an assist, Midtjylland is the good game I was thinking of and don't remember him standing out in an admittedly good team performance v Hibs.
Not having a go at the boy he's not had a run yet and I obviously hope he comes back and turns it on when he gets his chance, just unfair and unrealistic to expect it IMO
That’s probably fair. Think we’ll see the best of JJ when we are defending a lead and we bring him on for us pace or, away in Europe when it’ll be backs to the wall stuff.

Kent is imo going to take until the winter break to get unto his stride
He’s had no competitive football since what? May? and an injury as well which can stop momentum

jones could also be a wee while to get upto speed too.
Both add much needed threat to us going forward though.

Hopefully one of them can do what Candieas used to do and cover Tav In his weaker areas and allow him to go forward as he does

to be fair Jack has covered Tav very well this season. The goals conceded due to Tav have been errors rather than “poor defending” if you get me?

There's no balance with both Kent and JJ behind Morelos, both are wingers. I think you need one of them playing with either Stewart or Arfield. We still play a 4-3-2-1, not a 4-2-3-1.

to be fair Jack has covered Tav very well this season. The goals conceded due to Tav have been errors rather than “poor defending” if you get me?
And Jack hasn’t been on the pitch for 2 of the 3 goals we conceded...

Yes @Gallant_Few!!

FWIW

Mcgregor

Tav (c) ;)
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Davis

Jones
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

I'd like to see us give this a go as well. Would benefit Aribo as well.

Back