The Rhebel Hotline - Page 67

I don’t blame the Rhebel for the current Hotline. It’s comedy gold and it’s coming in fast! What they supppsed to do!

The 2 McSherrys are a pair of tossers as well as the rest of the Rebel scum

The Gerry wan is made up, there was a reporter in the auld days the 60's whose name was pat roller that worked for the rebel which was a falsey.

This gerry mcsherry character is a made up name jeest to get bears hot under the collar.

The Gerry wan is made up, there was a reporter in the auld days the 60's whose name was pat roller that worked for the rebel which was a falsey.

This gerry mcsherry character is a made up name jeest to get bears hot under the collar.

It's a real name - from the link in my post above:

THE man at the centre of sex abuse charges at Celtic Boys Club was investigated by a long-time fan of the club.

Gerry McSherry, 44, spent months investigating the claims made against Frank Cairney, the former general manager of the boys' club, and passed on the information to police.

However, yesterday it was McSherry himself who appeared in court charged with carrying out a breach of the peace by placing Mr Cairney in a state of fear and alarm through a string of telephone calls.

THE man at the centre of sex abuse charges at Celtic Boys Club was investigated by a long-time fan of the club.

Gerry McSherry, 44, spent months investigating the claims made against Frank Cairney, the former general manager of the boys' club, and passed on the information to police.

However, yesterday it was McSherry himself who appeared in court charged with carrying out a breach of the peace by placing Mr Cairney in a state of fear and alarm through a string of telephone calls.

He admitted making the calls to Mr Cairney's home, some late at night, and some in the early hours of the morning.

Hamilton Sheriff Court heard that Mr Cairney had a ``malicious call indicator'' fitted to his telephone at his home at Elmbank Avenue, Uddingston, Lanarkshire. By pressing the digit 1, Mr Cairney could instantly see the number calling him on a display.

The first of the calls came in the early hours of December 1 last year. During one of the calls, McSherry, of Skye Road, Rutherglen, identified himself. The number calling was also identified as McSherry's home telephone number.

Late next day, Mr Cairney received more calls, beginning at 11.30pm. In January this year, McSherry was invited to attend Viewpark police station voluntarily, but refused.

Mr Cairney received more calls before police visited McSherry at his home. Under caution he admitted making the calls but denied that they were abusive.

The last of the calls to Mr Cairney's home came on March 11. McSherry was later cautioned and charged. In court he admitted causing a breach of the peace, and another offence under the Telecommunications Act.

He had previously pleaded guilty to two further offences but changed his pleas to not guilty. The pleas were accepted by the Crown.

McSherry's defence lawyer, Mr Joe Hughes, said his client had become ``obsessive'' in his investigation into allegations made against Mr Cairney.

He said: ``The background is that the complainer at one time had a major part in Celtic Boys' Club. Mr McSherry became aware of certain peices of information.

``For him commenced a fairly mammoth investigation to try to substantiate the information he had received.

``Mr McSherry co-operated with a number of individuals at Strathclyde Police and passed over an amount of information.

``He has an amazing number of contacts in television, the press, and within football. There have now been charges brought against the complainer.''

The court heard that McSherry, who has three children aged 20, 15, and five, had been under considerable strain.

His marriage had faltered because of his obsession with investigating claims made against Mr Cairney, and his mother had died recently.

He had received counselling because of his ``mental state'' and was due to undergo a period of ``lengthy therapy''.

Mr Hughes said: ``Since March of this year, there has been no repeat of the behaviour.'' He added that McSherry now accepted his behaviour had been ``bizarre''.

Addressing McSherry, Sheriff William Gibson said: ``It would not be fair of me to reach a disposal under these circumstances. There is this long background and it would help if I understand why you broke the law by making these calls.

``There is nothing on the face of it to say these offences are terribly serious but it is bad enough putting someone in a state of fear and alarm.

``On the strength of what Mr Hughes has said, the two most likely options are to admonish you or impose a fine.''

He deferred sentence for five months and called for background reports.

MOST POPULAR

He stays next door to my mate.

bTzDZHM.jpg

Gerry McSherry, there’s a name from the past. Used to be on the hotline all the time backing the Kelly’s.

Wonder how many other fruitcakes are still on the go and haven’t drowned in their own pish.

Terry O’Neill from uddingston and Ian Grant from Falkirk.

Declan Mulhearn from Dumbarton and Isabella Livingstone from Mount Florida are the two names who seemed to get into the Hotline every single day when my family used to get the Rhetard in the 90s. So much so that their names are ingrained on my mind all these years later.

Anyone know if they're still alive and phoning up on a daily basis? :D

That quote didn't spring from James McLean's mind but from Hugh Keevins.It is word for word from his introduction on clyde last night .Sad when you need to plagiarize old Shug .

Last edited:
The Rhebel is well known for false crap in the hotline. It's to stir up discussion and wind folk up. Ignore! this rhag is on it's last legs.

In that first clip, there's a guy having a go at the Blessed John Kennedy. Nearly had me in tears

Cheap shot at John Kennedy, whatever next

Gerry McSherry, there’s a name from the past. Used to be on the hotline all the time backing the Kelly’s.

Wonder how many other fruitcakes are still on the go and haven’t drowned in their own pish.

I would wager grant has kicked the bucket, he sounded as auld as the hills when he was on clyde.

That's probably the last time I was listening tae that fuukin rabble.

That banger from Falkirk was on the super scum board phone in every night at one point during Strapons reign at celtic.

That quote didn't spring from James McLean's mind but from Hugh Keevins.Its is word for word from his introduction on clyde last night .Sad when you need to plagiarize old Shug .

He could have used any of the bids from last 2 Celtic targets as an example . But as we all know it has to have a Rangers jibe .

Hotline is better named the septic fanzine,and as long as we continue to get the positive results on and off the park,these chunts can “greet “and “gibber “ all they want.and know what for the first time in a long while I’m looking forward to September 2nd and the game against these “arse wipes “.

Callum Paterson?? Forgot he existed. Googled him to see if he was good enough for our bench and was amazed to see he’s Hearts old right back that Cardiff play in midfield. Cardiff seem to value him in that position but entertaining quite from wiki:

“Cardiff manager, Neil Warnock moved Paterson into a central midfield position in the new year, later stating the reasoning behind the move was because he couldn't defend.”

Sounds like an ideal target for Celtic centre back ;)

Yeh, Clyde Scoreboard "its Ian Grant from Falkirk, good friend of the show"

Back