The Rise of Lincoln City

mdingwall

Administrator
hd7VcjM.jpg
\
jWBR10u.jpg

XRVPQZI.jpg

Still a great read WSC. If you subscribe at the moment you can get a free copy of Daniel Gray's new book 'Extra Time'. Well worth it.

Ahhhh . . . with the torpor of a heavily sedated tortoise I’ve just realised the connection between Lincoln City and our old friends Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar.

A mate who was in the RAF down in Lincolnshire and his two boys have been season ticket holders since they were non league.

There is a real good buzz about the city with how well the team are doing. I've never been a supporter as such, but follow the results as one of my closest friends has been a season ticket holder for years. The team are not only doing well, but playing attractive enjoyable football to boot.
There is talk of new stadium in a whole new area of the city that is due over the next 10/20 years to be developed.
I'm seeing more and more Imps gear out and about when I exercise, plenty of kids and families heavily involved in the support as well and I understand the youth teams and community outreach are being praised as well.

Now all I need is a young Ranger to be loaned to them and it would get me a lot more interested lol

Either Christmas 1979 or 1980 I rushed through to the living room to open my Christmas presents and quickly spotted what looked like a box with a football top in it. Expecting a Rangers top, my disappointment has never before or since been that of that particular morning as I opened a the box only to gets Lincoln City top!
My old dear went to Robert Stores and seen this hanging up and liked the colours.
Wore it to PE once and was roundly ridiculed as I made up an imaginary Uncle had sent it up from England.

I just saw the word Lincoln and rushed in. Thought the red imps were pissing on the mentally challengeds strawberries again.

Went down there last Jan midweek to see a new City and watch them play Pompey. Unique Stadium really with a stand alone stand. Nice City, hard walk up to the Cathedral mind but worth seeing. Noticed they were top and did think it will be the highest they have been for decades if they go up. Funny story behind their nickname and the Imp in the Cathedral.

Was invited to a Lincoln games a few years back under the Cowley brothers. Since then have had a small interest in their results. For the size of the club they have done quite well in cups and league in recent years.

Sutton was classed as one of the worst managers by fans afterwards in the pub. And it took them a few years to recover. Which was nice to hear in a funny way.

I live in Lincoln, he had the tramps down for a pre season friendly.
Usual carnage , let's just say they won't be forgotten in these parts.
I remember that day, I made sure I was away from the City. I understand the place was worse than when Grimsby come down.
PS If you likely see a balding chubby mid 40's type out running in the Orange and Grey matchday top then give us a wave :)

I remember that day, I made sure I was away from the City. I understand the place was worse than when Grimsby come down.
PS If you likely see a balding chubby mid 40's type out running in the Orange and Grey matchday top then give us a wave :)
Usual filth behaviour mate, understand there was a bit of Tim On Tim inside the ground, suppose that was a bonus .

Back