The role of Steven Davis when he came on.

huistrasleftpeg

Now the dust has begun to settle, and I’ve had the chance to watch the game back (and sober up), I have to say that Davis was absolutely magnificent when he came home on for Aribo.

Completely different players, but the control of midfield Rangers gained from Davis’ measured way of playing football completely nullified the mentally challenged threat.

By design or by fortune, Davis was the perfect substitution at that particular point of the match. Even in the twilight of his career, what a player.

Last edited:
His experience in big games was absolutely vital yesterday,he controlled the tempo of the game,he is still a very important player for us

Don’t think he misplaced a pass after he came on. Every ball he played out wide went to the players chest or feet, it’s exactly what you need late on in games. Really think he should be starting more or Atleast getting more game time now.

He was brilliant, always available for a pass and kept things moving.

Same as Paisley the other week. He’s got to start at parkhead IMO

He was brilliant, always available for a pass and kept things moving.

Same as Paisley the other week. He’s got to start at parkhead IMO
It strange how easy it is to forget about a player when they haven’t played for a while. It takes a couple of performances like Davis has put in to remember just how good a footballer he is.

Wee man was magical when he came on - he was the difference between us winning and losing yesterday
Aribo has been poor against them apart from 2-0 SC game at Ibrox

Which
Now the dust has begun to settle, and I’ve had the chance to watch the game back (and sober up), I have to say that Davis was absolutely magnificent when he came home on for Aribo.

Completely different players, but the control of midfield Rangers gained from Davis’ measured way of playing football completely nullified the mentally challenged threat.

By design or by fortune, Davis was the perfect substitution at that particular point of the match. Even in the twilight of his career, what a player.

Which begs the question why the f*#k has he been clicking his heels on the bench for so long

Back