The Roofe is ready to go.

lcpl_1st_bt_1872

“I’ll be ready to play on Sunday if the manager needs me.

“Fitness wise, I’ll have to take it game by game. You can do all the running in training or play in 
pre-season games but it’s only the 
competitive matches you get tested.

“I haven’t been with the group yet because of the Europa League but I’ve been training with the fitness coaches and I’m ready.”

Maybe a case of the gaffer not wanting to take any unnecessary risks, but would be great to see him on the pitch

He will be on the subs bench along with Alfredo Morelos.
It will be interesting to see who he goes with in midfield.
I want to see either Jack or Davis not play to make us more positive.

I just imagined him coming on as a sub and getting a great reception then I remembered we have no fans there

We're putting 4 or 5 past these mugs tomorrow.

tenor.gif

Said it on another thread, he’ll be on the bench.

The gaffer was cleverly managing expectations. Note his use of the word ‘might’

I thought Gerrard said he was 10 days away from a start a few days ago?

I think the key is the 'if he needs me' part.

He's saying he's not match fit and hasn't played with the squad yet, so I'd be very surprised to see him at all unless it's a wee 10 min cameo if we're skooshing it.

I thought Goldson said on thursday night they didn’t arrive till Tuesday - have we seen them in training videos or anything?

Alfie could be sparked by the hunger of real strikers who can't believe their luck because of the chances you get at Rangers which as a striker is more than you get at almost all other clubs in the world.

I still can’t believe this deal actually happened. This and the Itten deals change a lot for us. We’re no longer in a position where Morelos is unchallenged, and no longer in a position where selling him feels like it might cost us dearly.

I’m genuinely excited to see Roofe and Itten up top for us.

Seem to have signed some decent players this summer. I reckon they’ll finish top six this season.

Jim Goodwin is one of the best managers in our league and they will be very well organised.

These are the type of posts that are required to temper the expectations of the likes of myself that expect a routine 7-0 victory :D

I still can’t believe this deal actually happened. This and the Itten deals change a lot for us. We’re no longer in a position where Morelos is unchallenged, and no longer in a position where selling him feels like it might cost us dearly.

I’m genuinely excited to see Roofe and Itten up top for us.
Definitely adds more of a variety to us on paper. Roofe seems like he will fit in perfectly to our system

Maybe a case of the gaffer not wanting to take any unnecessary risks, but would be great to see him on the pitch
These are the type of posts that are required to temper the expectations of the likes of myself that expect a routine 7-0 victory :D
ST Mirren will park the bus and make it very difficult it could be a very frustrating afternoon

Be great to see him play, but I wonder if Gerrard will be reluctant given what happened to Ryan Kent last year on his debut.

Keep those sort of results until after the window shuts to lull the poets into a false sense of security where they don’t think they need new players , then turn up the heat when they can’t do anything about it. There fans meltdown would be even sweeter as the would turn on their board
Love the strategy TT (we need more forward planning/thinking cunningly against them, however unnatural that might be) - but "they've" pulled the rug from under us since Good Friday so we've got to get ahead in GD if we can.

Back