The Royalty bar closing

This is exactly what happens when we don’t make that wee bit of effort on an underground, bus or taxi to help our own , sad times for all the folk involved in trying to make it a success, when landlords go out on there own to make there pubs a place for specific clubs in this case ours, they straight away lose revenue from other side , this is WHY we must always make an effort to help fellow publican bears to be able to stay in business

Use them or lose them

I’m a regular as from the area... Sad at this, but looks like it was crippling them being ran by a brewery.

That's a shame. I wasn't a regular by any manner of means, but of the times I have been in, I've had a cracking time.

Gutted to hear this.

Not my end of the city, but we always supported it before and after for a few hours whenever we played Thistle and it seemed a well run pub.

A real shame there wasn't enough local Bears supporting it enough on a regular basis.

This is exactly what happens when we don’t make that wee bit of effort on an underground, bus or taxi to help our own , sad times for all the folk involved in trying to make it a success, when landlords go out on there own to make there pubs a place for specific clubs in this case ours, they straight away lose revenue from other side , this is WHY we must always make an effort to help fellow publican bears to be able to stay in business

Use them or lose them

Don't think it's anything to do with that. It's just the pub game in general that's gubbed.

That said telling a huge percentage of the Glasgow population that you don't want their money does not strike me as a good business plan.

Don't think it's anything to do with that. It's just the pub game in general that's gubbed.

That said telling a huge percentage of the Glasgow population that you don't want their money does not strike me as a good business plan.

Aye it nails it’s colours firmly to the mast, but even on non match days it does have a decent sized crowd in, albeit more locals I guess.

Don’t think it’s anything to do with that ? Of course it is, why would any business close down if there getting punters in regular, Is the Louden closing down ? No because it’s getting the punters in , same as Bristol etc

Don’t think it’s anything to do with that ? Of course it is, why would any business close down if there getting punters in regular, Is the Louden closing down ? No because it’s getting the punters in , same as Bristol etc

Apparently the brewery is putting a total strangle hold on the place, i was in on Saturday with my missus and was a decent sized crowd in, think it’s stuff that’s outwith their control.

Sad news. Lived out that way for a year 2005 - 2006 and my first visit was for the Porto away game. Didn't know the area at all but having walked past a couple of times I guessed it might be one of ours. I went down on my own intending to nurse a pint or 2 then back up the road. Place erupted when McCormack scored, and ended up there til midnight, fucked in work the next day! Always went in for away games after that, was a great wee place.

Most pubs are empty Monday to Thursday some even on a Friday...

Don't quote me on this but was that if I'm right in saying the last 'proper' Rangers pub closest to the city centre now gone?

Not including places like Auctioneers, Toby Jug or Steps as they don't have anything associated to Rangers inside the pub, they are neutral pubs on any other day we aren't playing.

Read the tweet again.

Screwed by the brewery has finished them. Seems ridiculous.
It baffles me the way breweries will screw pubs.I just bought 18 cans of bud for £13 on Amazon.If I can do that breweries could get the booze in pubs for even less and still make money but they rip punters off and wonder why the pub is empty.
Yes, I know they have overheads but they rip the piss.

Gutted to hear that popped in a few times as I know graeme Darren and his old man massive bluenoses and an all round great family.

My best wishes to them all.

Not that simple. The pub could be busy but a high rent and poor terms mean it’s not making cash. I think that’s what’s being said by the guys who lease it.

Shame. Live a few hundred miles away so never going to be a regular there

My nana used to work there in the 90s, worked there til she was 78. Would park up, have a pint and get the tube over to the game

Smashing wee pub

Gutted but it always seems more busy than any other pub local so thought it would survive. Tim’s pubs in city centre play the neutral game then change when it matters. We don’t seem to have the knack of this.

Gutted but it always seems more busy than any other pub local so thought it would survive. Tim’s pubs in city centre play the neutral game then change when it matters. We don’t seem to have the knack of this.

There are no bona fide Celtic pubs in the city centre. Shiteholes where there fans will congregate yes, but no Celtic pubs in the way of you'd know instantly you walk in.

Apparently the brewery is putting a total strangle hold on the place, i was in on Saturday with my missus and was a decent sized crowd in, think it’s stuff that’s outwith their control.
Probably so they can replace it with some mainstream version of a hipster pub that charges over a fiver for the same beers you can get in Wetherspoon's for much less.

Gutted at this news, regularly popped in for a pint or two on my way back from work, great bar with great decor. Will be sadly missed.

It is always sad to here of pubs closing, especially 'Rangers' pubs. Pubs like the Royalty and the Quayside are an integral part of the local community and some people will really miss them.
I have no idea of the terms of the lease or whether the owners put the rent up on a regular period.
If you add in Rates, Satellite TV and the dreaded VAT, then it is very difficult to make a pub pay.
I fear there may be a few more before March is finished and maybe well known ones at that.
I wish the two people who were running these pubs all the best and hopefully they will find something else.

Was a good bar to use for travelling to Ibrox from the East by car if you did not want to go over the Kingston Bridge, handy for the subway and the M8. My wife is gutted as whenever she came up with us, we would go in and she would get a cuddle from her uncle who frequented the bar on matchdays.

The last time we went in after a match it was quiet at night and no small pub is going to make money for just those few pre match drinks. Sad news and it just seems to be one pub after the other.

I hadn't heard of it, markets as an Irish Sports Bar, not a 'Celtic' pub.

Having never been in there or St Vincents I can guess that they have no decor a la The Louden.
It's a mentally challenged hole.. they can dress it up all they want the have Republican bands playing regular in it..

Brewery owned Pub? Closing down. Quayside Bar, brewery owned pub, closing down.

I see a pattern here.

This is a shame, the owners are wonderful people who always went out of their way for me. Best wishes, onwards and upwards.

Don't quote me on this but was that if I'm right in saying the last 'proper' Rangers pub closest to the city centre now gone?

Not including places like Auctioneers, Toby Jug or Steps as they don't have anything associated to Rangers inside the pub, they are neutral pubs on any other day we aren't playing.
Used to be the Sou and that closed a year after Annie Millers and now we are losing the Royalty and the Quayside while Irish bars continue to pop up.

A shite state of affairs.

Think the Nelson might be the closest to the town now.

Used to be the Sou and that closed a year after Annie Millers and now we are losing the Royalty and the Quayside while Irish bars continue to pop up.

A shite state of affairs.

Think the Nelson might be the closest to the town now.

The Glaswegian and Binghams before that little lot.

Back