The Russians doping?

Gallant Few

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1010638074584469505

Nick Harris claiming on twitter that FIFA apparently knew about a cover up of Russian players testing positive for banned substances. Mail on Sunday have an exclusive on it as well.

Think we all knew something like this was going on. Also here are the stats for distance covered by teams in their opening 2 matches of this world cup... more than a bit sketchy.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Which side was top of the Russian league for months last year till they drug testes the entire squad?

Fucking hell.

That country just cannot win anything honestly.
https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1010638074584469505

Fifa apparently knew about a cover up of Russian players testing positive for banned substances. Think we all knew something like this was going on. Also here are the stats for distance covered by teams in their opening 2 matches of this world cup... more than a bit sketchy.

unknown.png
Posting this sort of thing, I suggest that, for a while, you check your external door handles and perhaps give them a wipe with copious amounts of kitchen roll

The Russians and doping, name a more iconic duo :D

But on the other hand, could their distances covered not be skewed by the fact they were playing two rotten teams. Arguably two of the worst at the tournament. You know you just enjoying playing when you know you are clearly better than who you are playing.

The Russians and doping, name a more iconic duo :D

But on the other hand, could their distances covered not be skewed by the fact they were playing two rotten teams. Arguably two of the worst at the tournament. You know you just enjoying playing when you know you are clearly better than who you are playing.

Possibly mate. I just posted the distance covered thing as an extra piece of information I found interesting. It's a bit weird to be covering that much more distance than anyone else in the tournament right enough, but the main damning evidence against the Russians is in the twitter link & the article I think. IMO possibly been a huge cover up going on there between the Russians & FIFA.

Possibly mate. I just posted the distance covered thing as an extra piece of information I found interesting. It's a bit weird to be covering that much more distance than anyone else in the tournament right enough, but the main damning evidence against the Russians is in the twitter link & the article I think. IMO possibly been a huge cover up going on there between the Russians & FIFA.

If I had to put my money on anything it will be a cover up of drugs, but not just the Russians, it will be more than just them.

We run about a fair bit in this country. How does it compare to top SPL teams average distance covered. I know Top EPL players cover 118ish
Also havin 70,000 fans urging you on can give you a massive surge of energy

We run about a fair bit in this country. How does it compare to top SPL teams average distance covered. I know Top EPL players cover 118ish
Can also suck the life out of you.
Our home form last year for example

Pretty sure I read the 2 goalies in the Argentina game the other night covered more distance than messi!

In the first round of fixtures Schmeichel and Lloris covered more ground off the ball than Messi.

You kniw that game the Argentinians were chasing a winner and the world's most unselfish player doesn't bother his arse unless he is on the ball.

Watching the Argentinian team for a considerable amount of time this is no surprise.

Apparently Messi covered the least amount of ground for any player in the first round of matches (goalies aside).

And yet there’s people who’ll make jibes about Messi and HGH, is he’s on something I hope he kept the receipt because he’s still a fùcking midget and lazy too :D

Meantime their boys about to turn 90’and still sprinting the length of the park in 12 seconds hmmm

This World Cup's South Korea team of 2002, who somehow put out Italy and Spain to reach the semi-final. :eek::eek:

They too should be drug tested.

You’ll probably find that they smoke weed pre game and at half time.

An Argentinian journo (of not very high repute) did accuse Lavezzi of doing this prior to a WCQ. The team did come out and protest about his comments.

As an aside, ultra marathon runners apparently take edible cannabis, in small amounts, prior to a race as it helps with performance.

given the recovery rate of players from match to match as well as overcoming injuries, I'm pretty sure that PEDs are rife in football. In fact I would not be surprised to find that in most cases it is the club doctors are actually prescribing PEDs to the players. I think the clubs only care when they start taking stuff that negatively affects their performance rather than improves it.

Just saw an old FF thread on this subject. One poster mentioned that Warburton claimed Barry McKay and Holt ran 14km in a match.. that’s 2/3 km more than the Russians
Hope that Nick Harris don’t start sniffing about the Hummel Training Centre

I mentioned to my mate the other night that there are always a couple of people behind the dugouts with bibs on with massive "DOPING CONTROL" written on them ... Never seen that before, almost like they're trying too hard to look clean

Could it not just be that because they're playing at home they are more pumped up and the adrenaline is making them put in more effort? Nah, they cheat in every other sport so they are probably doing it here too. Kick them out FIFA.

No doubt the Russians are up to something but I think it’s rife in football nowadays. They all turn a blind eye to it because there’s no point everyone getting caught.

Guardiola’s Barca side and Ranieri’s Leicester team that won the league are the two most blatant examples of PED use. But I doubt anything will ever be done about it, as football continues to become more like WWE than legitimate sport.

The Spanish doctor who helped dope Lance Armstrong’s team was found to have worked with the Spanish National team and most of La LIGA clubs. It’s rife

Back