The Russians doping?

No doubt the Russians are up to something but I think it’s rife in football nowadays. They all turn a blind eye to it because there’s no point everyone getting caught.

Guardiola’s Barca side and Ranieri’s Leicester team that won the league are the two most blatant examples of PED use. But I doubt anything will ever be done about it, as football continues to become more like WWE than legitimate sport.

I don’t get that all. Surely a blatant example of the use of PEDs would be a big strong team reliant on physicality, pace, power and aggression? Not a small technical team famed for their ability to pass the ball around the pitch and knacker their opponents out.

And Leicester, did they just decide to stop taking them after winning that title that season?

I'm sure there would be very few surprised people in the world if it came out that they had been doping. If true - the only surprise would be how they think they can continually get away with it.

The Spanish doctor who helped dope Lance Armstrong’s team was found to have worked with the Spanish National team and most of La LIGA clubs. It’s rife

Ah my favourite Dr Fuentes and the destroyed blood samples of a hundred or so athletes.

Spanish court citing “in the countries interest” or words to that effect. What happened in the time period under suspicion? Barca and Real dominated European Football, Spain became first ever country to win three international competitions in a row and Rafa Nadal dominated tennis alongside Rodger F. Can even include Seville dominating the Europa league.

Dodgy. As. %^*&.

All elite level sportspeople take performance enhancers of some sort. Just some will be legal and some not.

Joe Bloggs takes them going to the gym, foolish to think elite sportspeople dont.

If the Russkis get any were near the final this has to come out, or the whole game is Facked.”

The “ beautiful game” has been Facked for a long time now.
The corruption and sleaze associated with a Blatter and his cronies has made he very disillusioned with the international game.
A major doping scandal and cover up would not shock me in the least.

giphy.gif

Watched Icarus lastnight so wouldn’t be the least bit surprised
Just came on to mention this Documentary.
The level the Russians went to to get away with it was incredible. KGB involved etc. They will have learned from that and I think it will almost be impossible for them to get caught now unless it is properly random drug test with neutrals...but this is Fifa we are talking about.

I don’t get that all. Surely a blatant example of the use of PEDs would be a big strong team reliant on physicality, pace, power and aggression? Not a small technical team famed for their ability to pass the ball around the pitch and knacker their opponents out.

And Leicester, did they just decide to stop taking them after winning that title that season?

Peds also hugely help with concentration especially over time something you need if you're going to keep the ball for 80% of the game.

Not sure about the Leicester team but I think it's rife in football throughout. It's so common in sporting circles these days and the line between legal and illegal in terms of suppliments and illness' is very frayed.

Saw a good post on Twitter about this - they entered the stats of kilometers ran per teams over their X last games. The standard deviation for every other team was a maximum of +/-0.3 kilometers. For the Russians the deviation from their previous games was +0.7 kilometers. Very fishy.

Of course, you could then discuss how much effort can be generated for those playing in front of a home crowd in their own country's world cup.

Saw a good post on Twitter about this - they entered the stats of kilometers ran per teams over their X last games. The standard deviation for every other team was a maximum of +/-0.3 kilometers. For the Russians the deviation from their previous games was +0.7 kilometers. Very fishy.

Of course, you could then discuss how much effort can be generated for those playing in front of a home crowd in their own country's world cup.

I agree mate. The stats alone don't really prove anything, but it's interesting enough to point out for now at least.

Perhaps seeing how they perform in these departments later into the tournament could be more telling.

I still wonder about Zenit in 2008. I'm the only one. Absolutely no one else has mentioned that a nation that systematically cheats using drugs, would not bother at club football.

Zenit qualified in third place in their group, then went on to take five (agg) off of Bayern Munich in the semi-final. At the time I thought it was an amazing result, now I wonder.

Given that drugs are rife in rugby, cycling, athletics I think it would be very naive to think football is clean with the amount of money that's at stake.

Few posters have mentioned the netflix documentary Icarus. If you haven't watched it then give it a go, the level of involvement in state sponsored doping that is exposed is incredible. From Putin to the sports minister and all the way down from there. Any allegations about any Russian sportspeople doping are unsurprising.

the russians did look fitter and faster, so did a certain team in scotland last season and by some strange coincidence there is no drug testing by the sfa.

Would be wary of 'new members' posting on this thread, obviously Putin agents out to gather information on critics;)

PED's aren't purely for physical purposes anymore, they can also used in the mental side of sports and can increase focus and concentration.

I've no doubt that some clubs/nations are at it and would not be surprised in the slightest if the Russians were doing it at this world cup.

An Argentinian journo (of not very high repute) did accuse Lavezzi of doing this prior to a WCQ. The team did come out and protest about his comments.

As an aside, ultra marathon runners apparently take edible cannabis, in small amounts, prior to a race as it helps with performance.

I think that's mainly the Jamaican runners

I still wonder about Zenit in 2008. I'm the only one. Absolutely no one else has mentioned that a nation that systematically cheats using drugs, would not bother at club football.

Zenit qualified in third place in their group, then went on to take five (agg) off of Bayern Munich in the semi-final. At the time I thought it was an amazing result, now I wonder.

To be fair zenit had a cracking team and some brilliant players including arshavin. Wasn't a surprise that they won it that year.

To be fair zenit had a cracking team and some brilliant players including arshavin. Wasn't a surprise that they won it that year.

The SFA are the ones who cheated us that year by not pushing the season back. All but ensured the Russians would beat a knackered Rangers team.

Easier to say now they've gone 2-0 down to Uruguay but I think they were just lucky to be playing two of the three worst teams in it.

So cracking they were third in their qualifying group, winning one game.

I'm not saying they cheated for definite. However, given that their Olympic team was banned, and Sharapova caught, did no one even suggest that footballers were at it ?

How did Arshavin et alia get on after they left Zenit ?

It's quite likely. You'd have to be naive to think it's just the Russians though. PEDs abound in most sports at the higher levels, with the money involved in football these days it is bound to be commonplace.

The SFA are the ones who cheated us that year by not pushing the season back. All but ensured the Russians would beat a knackered Rangers team.
The SFA certainly hog tied us thats for sure, were they also bigoted biased Rangers haters then as well? surely that would be the only reason to handicap your top team in that fashion ? they should be fired and jailed for the shit they have and still are doing .

Cunts have been doing it for years and literally been getting away with murder. Look at that lady's front bottom Ivan drago. He murdered apollo creed %^*& sake while out his tits on steroids and no lady's front bottom batted an eyelid then.

So cracking they were third in their qualifying group, winning one game.

I'm not saying they cheated for definite. However, given that their Olympic team was banned, and Sharapova caught, did no one even suggest that footballers were at it ?

How did Arshavin et alia get on after they left Zenit ?

Teams don't have to do amazing all the way through the tournament to justify themselves as winners you know.

Back