The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

You said it was tosh that they would struggle ! Make your mind up fs

What aren't you understanding? You reckon Colville could beat the majority of junior sides all the way up to the super prem. I said that's nonsense. What's difficult about that?

I mentioned Cambuslang perhaps being the exception because I have no idea how their teams looks now after losing most of their players.

There is nothing ‘hilarious’ about that. I’ve had a conversation with some of the management at CP about the kit thing and they say it was bought from the money the club earned from a run in the senior Scottish Cup (just shy of £20k). Whether that is true is open to discussion but it’s most certainly plausible and in the absence of genuine evidence to the contrary then we just have to suck it up.

It’s all very well pointing the finger at teams allegedly paying players - and there’s a lot more than just Colville Park rumoured - but until someone steps up with facts then it’s irrelevant noise.

Matching trainers?!

Irrelevant noise, when honest guys give up their time and pay money to play are getting weighed in, i’m sorry but that’s not irrelevant noise.

The Colville gaffer just posted on another forum that they'll be buying suits for all the players for the Scottish Cup Final and also paying for them to stay in a hotel the night before the game! :D Much is that going to cost for the best part of 30 bodies when you count players, management and committee?

He's getting usual abuse on there for it as well but said everyone will chip in.

Saying in the junior forum they have signed the boy Knapp for Darvel next season.

He's getting usual abuse on there for it as well but said everyone will chip in.

Saying in the junior forum they have signed the boy Knapp for Darvel next season.

Great player, but if they are planning to train in Glasgow I’d be surprised if he’s up for that.

Troon Juniors also interested in him and have a bit of cash too.

What's the reason for them basically taking their entire setup over to Darvel? Just the chance to enter the junior ranks or what?

What's the reason for them basically taking their entire setup over to Darvel? Just the chance to enter the junior ranks or what?

Don’t think it’s entire setup. Darvel backed from guy that owns Brownings and others so weren’t short of cash. They were fancied for promotion this season and have had a disappointing year, so guess they’re just starting from scratch.

9 players from Colville are moving over from what I hear. They have a squad of 25ish so only 1/3 of the players moving over.

I genuinely think Darvel will skoosh that league next season.

9 players from Colville are moving over from what I hear. They have a squad of 25ish so only 1/3 of the players moving over.

I genuinely think Darvel will skoosh that league next season.

I don’t think it’ll be quite as many as 9 and would expect quite a few other not to hang around at Colville either. Knapp is going to Darvel.

I’m not saying in my previous post that nobody is paying players, I’m not daft. What I’m saying is that there’s little point in regurgitating the rumour when nothing’s coming if it. The boy O’Connor at Glenburn is as apparently going to ‘release’ an audio recording of Hurlford offering him money, whatever happened to that?

I don’t think it’ll be quite as many as 9 and would expect quite a few other not to hang around at Colville either. Knapp is going to Darvel.

I’m not saying in my previous post that nobody is paying players, I’m not daft. What I’m saying is that there’s little point in regurgitating the rumour when nothing’s coming if it. The boy O’Connor at Glenburn is as apparently going to ‘release’ an audio recording of Hurlford offering him money, whatever happened to that?

I don't keep up to date with Ayrshire football tbh....but know people who do and they are certain Hurlford are at it.

9 is what hes taking with him to Darvel apparently. That's come from players at Colville.

That was last summer, I’m assuming they’ve managed to squirm their way out. Suppose they could say that it could be anyone on recording? Not sure how that works.

Apparently Ayrshire AFA have offered immunity from playing bans etc from anyone who comes forward with evidence. As I said in previous post though, how serious can Ayrshire claim to be when they have a Thistle Bar trophy as one of their cups and hold meetings out of the Thistle Bar!

Have Darvel got new people backing them? Noticed it's all over Pie & Bovril that they're splashing the cash.

The Thistle Bar doesn’t fund Hurlford Thistle, as far as I’m aware it’s the owner of Hamilton Tarmac who does.

He also owns the Thistle Bar as well apparently, or at least he used to.

Keir Knapp has signed for Darvel for next season supposedly. I don't generally follow the Juniors but will keep an eye out for their results next season.

West of scotland Cup Final tonight.

Oban Saints v Bannockburn
New Douglas Park, Hamilton. 19:15 ko.

All the best to both teams.

Colville draw players for the name and chance of winning the Scottish cup, they don’t pay players , they aren’t even part of the country club anymore which “funded them” apparently , they play out dalziel park , an average junior outfit would not beat them , even lower super prem teams would struggle
Anyone bitching about them paying is just jealous they’re team isn’t as good

All of colville’s players and management team will be at Darvel juniors next season.

PS
You’re right though... I’m jealous that I’m not getting paid as much as some of their players - and I’m playing at a “higher level” than amateur.

Oban just equalised after Bannockburn miss penalty to make it 2-0.

Bannockburn should be out of sight.

Paul Kerr (ex - midfielder) & Alex Craik (ex defender & manager).

How Paul has gone a couple of hours without swearing is the biggest achievement.

Know then both, good first night for the Oban streams channel!

They've managed to dig in well here, would be superb if they could win it.

Congrats to bannockburn. They put us out in the last 16. Have some very good attacking players

Well done to them

Im from Oban they have a good team now alot of young ex-pro youth players and still a few experienced players think there legs went in the second half. The big tall boy up front in still in school just got released by Dumbarton not long ago two good finishes

Fûck me that was cold tonight. Bannockburn by far the better side. Oban couldn’t handle their runners and pace.

Classic Bannockburn. Score 6 and concede 3. Well done to them, got a few good mates who play for them and I’m buzzing for them. Wasn’t impressed with Oban at all, but it’s the first time I’ve seen them.

Classic Bannockburn. Score 6 and concede 3. Well done to them, got a few good mates who play for them and I’m buzzing for them. Wasn’t impressed with Oban at all, but it’s the first time I’ve seen them.
Oban got better as the game went on. They were never in the game until the missed penalty. Had Bannockburn scored that they couldn't have complained if they were 6-0 down.

Vast improvement in the second half after getting the lift of the missed penalty.

Ultimately the best team won.

Oban got better as the game went on. They were never in the game until the missed penalty. Had Bannockburn scored that they couldn't have complained if they were 6-0 down.

Vast improvement in the second half after getting the lift of the missed penalty.

Ultimately the best team won.

Each to their own mate but I didn’t see anything from Oban in the 120 that would worry any of the top teams in the Central. When they win promotion to the Central premier they’ll be a solid top 6 team IMO but no better.

Back