The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

A terrific game tonight with Bannockburn worthy winners, personally I think 6-3 is a bit harsh on Oban.

Some of the comments, in my opinion, are a bit harsh on Oban, they scored a couple of excellent goals and played their part in an excellent final.

Top player. An arrogant c*nt but you dont mind that when players can back it up.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mick was trying to take him to Darvel but probably just a bit too much travelling for him.

When teams have funding like the way it's being rumoured at Darvel, it's rarely ever sustainable.

I don't understand why Mick constantly tries to play it down and defend it on Pie & Bovril either. No footballer in the world is dropping from senior to junior unless there's a lot of cash involved.

Completely ruined the top division in Ayrshire as a competitive league for years.

Putting Hurlford out of the Scottish was one of the more satisfying wins when I was playing. Always well known for paying players, along with Colville and Falkirk.

When teams have funding like the way it's being rumoured at Darvel, it's rarely ever sustainable.

I don't understand why Mick constantly tries to play it down and defend it on Pie & Bovril either. No footballer in the world is dropping from senior to junior unless there's a lot of cash involved.

To be fair, I’m fairly sure the money going in to Darvel will be sustainable.

Scottish Amateur Cup Final tomorrow
(Sunday 26 May)

Colville Park v Eastfield
Hampden Park kick off 15:00

All the best to both clubs and the officials. A special mention to @Gmcg95 he’s the only FFer I know to be involved.

(Sunday 26 May)

All the best to both clubs and the officials. A special mention to @Gmcg95 he’s the only FFer I know to be involved.

When did it return to Hampden? I cursed the SFA for years stopping it being there.

Why is the Junior Cup Final being played on a plastic pitch at Hamilton when the Amateur Cup Final is taking place at Hampden?

Why is the Junior Cup Final being played on a plastic pitch at Hamilton when the Amateur Cup Final is taking place at Hampden?

I don’t know the details mate but I think there was a dispute with the SJFA. I could be completely wrong. I can never remember the Junior Cup Final being at Hampden.

(Sunday 26 May)

Been a long 6 weeks waiting on today and it’s finally here, buzzing to get out and play.

I don’t know the details mate but I think there was a dispute with the SJFA. I could be completely wrong. I can never remember the Junior Cup Final being at Hampden.
The Junior cup final was held at Hampden up until the mid 80's before moving to Ibrox then Rugby Park.

Should be a cracker but colville have far better players and im sure Mick will want to leave with the double

I’m sure he will but don’t underestimate the quality Eastfield have. Colville Park have a huge squad and quality in depth without doubt but many of them will sit on the stand.

I expect it to be a really good game, Eastfield will have taken heart from beating CP last midweek.

He plays for Eastfield.
In that case,good luck to him and Eastfield.

Seen too many mentally challenged references to Colville on social media,even though I already asked on this thread and was told they aren't particularly poet inclined:)

Good luck to Eastfield, where I grew up, got a few old mates involved with them. One of which (he is a bear) had his brother playing for Celtic in yesterdays cup final!

Was t best of games truth be told - Skelf took his chances well and keeper made a great save to deny him the hat trick.

Eastfield are a much better team than they showed today - I honestly don’t remember the Colville keeper having a save to make.

We didn’t turn up at all today, I don’t know if it was the occasion or whatever, we just didn’t turn up. Gutted tbh, but our team will only get better and learn from this.

Well done to Colville, all the best.

Hope that lad with the Broken jaw has a speedy recovery he took a sore one.

Your right you guys didn't turn up at all yesterday i have seen you a few times and its the poorest i have seen, was hoping it would be a cracking game but Colville to there credit scored and took the sting out the game completely.

We didn’t turn up at all today, I don’t know if it was the occasion or whatever, we just didn’t turn up. Gutted tbh, but our team will only get better and learn from this.

Well done to Colville, all the best.

Unlucky Greg. You have a very good young side at Eastfield. Colville have set the benchmark now. Michael had four or five boys sitting in the stand yesterday who would be first picks for most side - Gary Currie Kevin Fotheringham and then Chrissy Craig sitting on the bench. Big Final on Friday v DrumPossil. John Black back in Premier so next year will be very interesting with Bannockburn Eastfield St Pats DrumPossil Harestanes and not ruling out the new Management at Colville.

Enjoy pre season and I’m sure I’ll come across you next season Greg

Back