The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

Might try and get to the return game next week. Sounds like it should be a good one. The boy Cameron got the Oban goal, he's a cracking player.

Had the pleasure of refereeing them v St Johns in the Scottish up in Oban. The boy Cameron is a player. Not long back from Australia where he played semi pro from chatting to him during the game. But they work as a unit. Next weeks game will be interesting and it’s played to a finish. Good pitch also in Oban

My old team Cambria going from stength to strength now that the flow of Strathclyde Uni graduates are coming to them rather than staying with the uni team. Great set up, pitches are among the best anywhere. Play football the right way.

My old team Cambria going from stength to strength now that the flow of Strathclyde Uni graduates are coming to them rather than staying with the uni team. Great set up, pitches are among the best anywhere. Play football the right way.

Had game next week v Bridgewater - I think it will be at the Palace of Arts. Then I have them the following week in the West v East Kilbride. Big games keep coming fast for them

They have a good chance this year again. Lost in the semi to Shortlees last year and were the better team. Lacked a goal scorer but have brought one of the best in the amateur game in.

Their ongoing ‘issues’ with Colville Park could either focus them or work against them. The West of Scotland Cup tie between them in a fortnight could be fun.

Big Granty up front is a handful. He scores goals for fun - another hat trick today. Then you have the auld man Kendo in the midfield engine room. Game against Colville will be a cracker.

Big Granty up front is a handful. He scores goals for fun - another hat trick today. Then you have the auld man Kendo in the midfield engine room. Game against Colville will be a cracker.

He’s made some difference to them. They could be doing with his brother as well.

Must do mate. I’d echo your post above about McQ’s, I’ve only ever known Bannockburn to play out of there although has to be said I always liked the Empire as well.

Regarding your relatives is one of them the goalkeeper? If so then I know them very well. Played together at Tullibody.
He is indeed the keeper.

John McQue helped form Bannockburn so they have always been based there.

Last 16 Draw

Alba Thistle v Rothie Rovers

Castlemilk BC v Cambria

Colville Park v Bannockburn

Craigshill Thistle v Southside (SSMAFL)

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

Glasgow University v Murieston

St Joseph’s v Stewarton

Tynecastle v Hurlford Thistle

Last edited:
GU home to Murieston,any FFers share any info on Murieston,where they from ,which league etc

GU home to Murieston,any FFers share any info on Murieston,where they from ,which league etc

They’re from Livingston mate, play in the LEAFA. I caught a bit of their game on Saturday (they beat Drumchapel United 6-2).

They’re not a bad team but I’d expect Glasgow University to beat them.

They have a good chance this year again. Lost in the semi to Shortlees last year and were the better team. Lacked a goal scorer but have brought one of the best in the amateur game in.

Their ongoing ‘issues’ with Colville Park could either focus them or work against them. The West of Scotland Cup tie between them in a fortnight could be fun.
What issues are these, given they have been drawn in the last 16 of the Scottish?

What issues are these, given they have been drawn in the last 16 of the Scottish?

Seems to have been a bit of mud slinging on Pie and Bovril. Apparently Bannockburn signed a striker from a Junior outfit and people are hinting that they paid for him.

There’s a long standing dislike of each other, fuelled a couple of seasons ago by Colville signing a couple of Bannockburn players which drew the usual accusations.

Bannockburn signed a boy in the summer from the juniors, coveted by Colville, and there has been an allegation that his contract was ‘bought out’ to allow him to sign for Bannockburn.

The social media mud slinging has been relentless, both clubs have had representatives cited to appear at Hampden to explain their actions and the recent game between them was a bit feisty, particularly at the final whistle.

They’ll now play against each other, games a fortnight apart, in Scotland’s 2 biggest competitions.

Colville and Bannockburn being drawn against each other clearly knocks out a big hitter which is a bonus for all the teams left in it.

The cup has really opened up now with the draw IMO, not just because of Colville v Bannockburn.

Would appear so, I'll try and find a link to the thread on P&B not sure if its been pulled.

The Colville manager used to be pretty vocal on there but has been a bit quieter recently.

I was at the Coville v Hurlford final at Rugby PArk a number of years ago and was siting behind a couple of officials who were discussing the thoughts of both sides "earning" to play...

I did say they had iot in their power to knock it on the head and strip them both.....they could not move away any quicker

I was at the Coville v Hurlford final at Rugby PArk a number of years ago and was siting behind a couple of officials who were discussing the thoughts of both sides "earning" to play...

I did say they had iot in their power to knock it on the head and strip them both.....they could not move away any quicker

I think its very much an open secret especially down in Ayrshire there seems to be a lot of bad feeling towards Hurlford Thistle.

Colville and Bannockburn being drawn against each other clearly knocks out a big hitter which is a bonus for all the teams left in it.

The cup has really opened up now with the draw IMO, not just because of Colville v Bannockburn.

Greg

Good draw for Eastfield. Happy your at home then V Cupar Hearts. No easy games at this stage.

That was mental scenes

IMG_6389.jpg.102f8a99adb9af941a7e3473e3323292.jpg

Greg

Good draw for Eastfield. Happy your at home then V Cupar Hearts. No easy games at this stage.

You’re right about no easy games now, everyone here on merit. Home advantage and playing as we know we can should hopefully see us through.

Would appear so, I'll try and find a link to the thread on P&B not sure if its been pulled.

The Colville manager used to be pretty vocal on there but has been a bit quieter recently.

MK? To be fair the Colville boys have always gave it plenty verbal. :D

I always got on well with him. He was a very good player when he played.

MK? To be fair the Colville boys have always gave it plenty verbal. :D

I always got on well with him. He was a very good player when he played.

Yeah, I've never played against Colville but seen them play a few times, most amateur teams do give it a bit of verbals, all part of it I suppose.

To be fair he does take a fair bit of stick/goading on there but seems to take it pretty well usually!

Yeah, I've never played against Colville but seen them play a few times, most amateur teams do give it a bit of verbals, all part of it I suppose.

To be fair he does take a fair bit of stick/goading on there but seems to take it pretty well usually!

Aye he seems to divide opinion but I’ve always got on really well with him. Certainly knows the game at that level.

They’ve always been a good side mate and a cracking set up. They stepped up a notch once a few of the Drumchapel lads (including their current manager) signed for them about 10 years ago. I actually played in the game which relegated them 2-3 years before that.

Anyway I hope Bannockburn gub them in the next round :D

Last 16 Draw

Alba Thistle v Oban Saints or Rothie Rovers

Castlemilk BC v Bridgewater or Cambria

Colville Park v Bannockburn

Craigshill Thistle or Pittenweem Rovers v Southside (SSMAFL)

Eastfield v Cupar Hearts

Glasgow University v Murieston

Newshot or St Joseph’s v Stewarton

Tynecastle v Hurlford Thistle

When are these games being played fancy going to the Colville Park one.

Think I will head along with my auld man to the Coalville game at dalziel it’s only 2 mins from my house.

Do Tynecastle not also play in the SSMAFL? Im sure Charlie Miller and an ex St Johnstone player used to play for them?

Do Tynecastle not also play in the SSMAFL? Im sure Charlie Miller and an ex St Johnstone player used to play for them?

Yes, they do. Charlie Miller was there, he doesn’t play now. He was one of a number of ex pros that were playing there at various points over the last nubber of years.

Andy McLaren, Robbie & David Winters, Jose Quitongo are some of the others.

They have a few boys like Jonesy in midfield. Wee terrier and a big bear fan. Their name is in the hat so anything goes. A few big names away today as well.

Just a pity they’ve got half the Green brigade watching them from the side of the park.

Had game next week v Bridgewater - I think it will be at the Palace of Arts. Then I have them the following week in the West v East Kilbride. Big games keep coming fast for them
We (Ek YM) owe Cambria one so we will be well up for that one. Looking forward to it.

Colville were too strong for us in the Scottish after a replay, we didn’t lay a glove on them

We (Ek YM) owe Cambria one so we will be well up for that one. Looking forward to it.

Colville were too strong for us in the Scottish after a replay, we didn’t lay a glove on them

EKYM need to get out of their division. On their day nobody in the first division lives with them, in fact over the course of a season playing at or near their best they’d be in contention to win the premier.

I think this will be the season they get promoted and are also in the League Cup Final.

Back