The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

Mate plays upfront for Eastfield. Anyone know much about Cupar Hearts?

I don’t know anything about them mate. I’ve had a look at their results and without being disrespectful to any of the teams they have already faced, Eastfield would have been a lot more comfy than Cupar have been against them.

I know that’s not a great was to assess teams but I’m fairly sure Eastfield won’t struggle. Particularly with home advantage.

I don’t know anything about them mate. I’ve had a look at their results and without being disrespectful to any of the teams they have already faced, Eastfield would have been a lot more comfy than Cupar have been against them.

I know that’s not a great was to assess teams but I’m fairly sure Eastfield won’t struggle. Particularly with home advantage.

Cheers for the reply :)

EKYM need to get out of their division. On their day nobody in the first division lives with them, in fact over the course of a season playing at or near their best they’d be in contention to win the premier.

I think this will be the season they get promoted and are also in the League Cup Final.

Your 100% spot on mate - I'd say we are in the top 5 in the caley set up on our day. I joined in March 2017 and how we have managed to f**k up promotion the last two seasons is beyond me. They done it the season before I joined also. We have won 10/10 in the league this season so if we dont go up it will be time to chuck it.

As you say we play Giffnock in league cup final in early Feb. We knocked them out of the West 3-2 down at their bit, was a good game. I'm just returning from 7 months out so not sure if I'll be playing the final, the other keeper is in good form.

What team do you play for?

Your 100% spot on mate - I'd say we are in the top 5 in the caley set up on our day. I joined in March 2017 and how we have managed to f**k up promotion the last two seasons is beyond me. They done it the season before I joined also. We have won 10/10 in the league this season so if we dont go up it will be time to chuck it.

As you say we play Giffnock in league cup final in early Feb. We knocked them out of the West 3-2 down at their bit, was a good game. I'm just returning from 7 months out so not sure if I'll be playing the final, the other keeper is in good form.

What team do you play for?

I agree you’re in the top 5 and also very well run, good discipline etc which goes a long way. I think a lot of your problem over the last few years was not scoring enough goals. You are now killing teams off, the amount of goals you score is testament to that.

3-2 flattered Giffnock a bit, you being down to 10 men obviously affected that but you got the job done. Giffnock have a lot of experience in their team and a very different style to EKYM, the final should be good and I’ll be there to see it.

I don’t play mate, those days are behind me but I see a lot of amateur games.

Sounds to have been a cracker ! And that’s with Rothie being missing 2 of their best players today

Rothie defended well, scored from two set pieces and threw their bodies in front of a dozen or so goal bound shots. Saints had two players sent off in the last minute of extra-time and then equalized with the last kick of the game.

Today’s results.

Craigshill 3 Pittenweem Rovers 0

Oban Saints 2 Rothie Rovers 2 (Pens 8-9)

Newshot 0 St Joseph’s 2

Bridgewater 1 Cambria 3 (AET)

Last 16 draw updated at post 58.

They seemed pretty pleased at the end:(.

Decent hard working team who got the breaks on the day.

Good luck to them v Alba in the last 16.

It seems from the comments on Twitter that here have been remarks made after the first game by some of the Oban team regarding Rothie, either in person or on social media. I think Rothie might be enjoying throwing it is their face.

Alba v Rothie should be evenly matched, a great chance for both clubs to make the quarter finals.

It seems from the comments on Twitter that here have been remarks made after the first game by some of the Oban team regarding Rothie, either in person or on social media. I think Rothie might be enjoying throwing it is their face.

Alba v Rothie should be evenly matched, a great chance for both clubs to make the quarter finals.

Don't know anything about any remarks being made but having spoken with a few Saints players during the week they were expecting a tough game. Game was played in good spirit by both teams and no problems afterwards.
As i said previously Rothie are a hard working team who defended well. Decent supporters as well who mixed with the large home support during and after the game. Good luck to them.

I saw Alba last weekend at the pitch across from my house in Ralston, it was a great tie to watch. I know the next round is the 2nd of February mate but how do I find out the time and venue?

I saw Alba last weekend at the pitch across from my house in Ralston, it was a great tie to watch. I know the next round is the 2nd of February mate but how do I find out the time and venue?

It’ll be 2pm, you’ll probably need to keep an eye on social media to get the venue but they normally play at Foxbar. Or I think that’s what it’s called.

I’ll make sure I post the venue on the thread as well.

It’ll be 2pm, you’ll probably need to keep an eye on social media to get the venue but they normally play at Foxbar. Or I think that’s what it’s called.

I’ll make sure I post the venue on the thread as well.

Cheers Rosco, I'm not on Facebook or Twitter so if you manage to hear where it is I'd be grateful.

Didn't get up to the Oban v Rothie game yesterday but heard it was a decent game. Fair play to Rothie, I'd never heard of them before this season. Good chance for them or Alba now to make the last 8.

I'd be surprised if there was any negative comments/aggro etc on Social Media from Oban Saints, not like them at all.

Didn't get up to the Oban v Rothie game yesterday but heard it was a decent game. Fair play to Rothie, I'd never heard of them before this season. Good chance for them or Alba now to make the last 8.

I'd be surprised if there was any negative comments/aggro etc on Social Media from Oban Saints, not like them at all.

I agree about Oban mate. Reading between the lines it seems like there’s been comments somewhere about Rothie ‘not being very good but being hard working’.

The comments would suggest that they are trying to throw that back at someone.

I agree about Oban mate. Reading between the lines it seems like there’s been comments somewhere about Rothie ‘not being very good but being hard working’.

The comments would suggest that they are trying to throw that back at someone.

I think they even said as much themselves, fair play to them anyway, good to see a rural side mixing it with the bigger sides.

Alba are from the East End of Paisley and play all home games at either Ralston or Seedhill :)

Thanks BigT.

I've watched them a fair bit over the years because I stay across the road from the Ralston pitch. They're decent and it was a good watch last weekend with them and Milton.

I'll see if rosco can get a venue for the next round and go and watch them.

As an aside, I watch a fair bit of footy on the Ralston pitch on Saturday afternoons. My boys in the first division of the Paisley and Johnston league but, plays morning games. So, in the afternoon there's generally a first div u16 or u17's game on or a decent amateur match. It's great stuff.

Best amateur team I've seen across there was Colville a couple of years ago. They were on a different level from anything normally on that pitch.

Cheers for the update mate, it's appreciated.

Rothie are a fairly rural Aberdeenshire team.

The village has less than 600 people, so quite the feat getting this far.

They obviously tap into bigger towns nearby, but great work all the same.

Can't of played anyone of note tbf, they aren't even top 2 teams in an Aberdeen league which standard has dropped massively. Well run club though.

Can't of played anyone of note tbf, they aren't even top 2 teams in an Aberdeen league which standard has dropped massively. Well run club though.

They played Oban twice and didn’t lose any of them, they’re ‘of not’. The also beat Dalziel in an earlier round.

They played Oban twice and didn’t lose any of them, they’re ‘of not’. The also beat Dalziel in an earlier round.

Know nothing about Oban, but with all due respect, if they failed to beat Rothie over two games, they can’t be that good.

Know nothing about Oban, but with all due respect, if they failed to beat Rothie over two games, they can’t be that good.

2 Semi-finals and a quarter-final of the Scottish cup in the last 5 years would indicate otherwise.
Only 2 or 3 players remain from 2 years ago as a new younger team is being assembled but a last 32 isn't a disaster.

2 Semi-finals and a quarter-final of the Scottish cup in the last 5 years would indicate otherwise.
Only 2 or 3 players remain from 2 years ago as a new younger team is being assembled but a last 32 isn't a disaster.

There you go then, if only 2 or 3 remain, they aren’t the team which achieved that.

Obviously touched a nerve. Rothie are average and they’ve failed to beat them over two games.

Not particularly touched a nerve but I do think your post is disrespectful to both Oban and Rothie.

Do I think Rothie will win the Scottish Cup? Absolutely not but they are in with a right good shout of making the quarter finals and if they make that having beaten Dalziel, Oban Saints and Alba Thistle then they deserve a level of credit.

Obviously touched a nerve. Rothie are average and they’ve failed to beat them over two games.
I think your being disrespectful to Rothie tbh . They are trying to build again and move up the leagues and they will get there ! You said you haven’t any info on Oban yet say they must be poor you must be the Aberdeen and Shire vault of knowledge to claim this or play at a better level then btw I’m not Rothie fan either but think they deserve some credit for reaching the later stages of the cup

I'm sure my old team(whitehills ek) played rothie in the Scottish a few years ago up in Aberdeen. We beat them 5-1....smashing park they had.

Oban have been one of the most consistent sides in the Scottish/West Cups over the past decade or so. Yes they've probably lacked a bit of quality when they've come up against the likes of Colville Park but they're at the latter stages more often than not.

I think your being disrespectful to Rothie tbh . They are trying to build again and move up the leagues and they will get there ! You said you haven’t any info on Oban yet say they must be poor you must be the Aberdeen and Shire vault of knowledge to claim this or play at a better level then btw I’m not Rothie fan either but think they deserve some credit for reaching the later stages of the cup

I’d say I know quite a lot about amateur football in Aberdeen and have beat Rothie every time I played against them before stopping playing.

I’d say I know quite a lot about amateur football in Aberdeen and have beat Rothie every time I played against them before stopping playing.

Is this Rothie team the same players you played against?

Quick check revealed 5 of the Saints team who reached a couple of semi-finals started on Saturday and not 2 or 3 as i said.

Oban have been one of the most consistent sides in the Scottish/West Cups over the past decade or so. Yes they've probably lacked a bit of quality when they've come up against the likes of Colville Park but they're at the latter stages more often than not.

Put Colville out a couple of years ago did they not?

Put Colville out a couple of years ago did they not?

They may have done, I can't remember, think they beat Shortlees a few seasons ago.

I've seen Oban play Colville twice, Colville beat them 1-2 in Oban. Also went to the Semi Final in Hamilton a couple of seasons ago, Colville won that one 3-1.

They may have done, I can't remember, think they beat Shortlees a few seasons ago.

I've seen Oban play Colville twice, Colville beat them 1-2 in Oban. Also went to the Semi Final in Hamilton a couple of seasons ago, Colville won that one 3-1.

I thought they beat them after a replay but it might actually be Bannockburn I’m thinking about.

It's extremely difficult for the majority of clubs to compete now due to the money flying around a select few amateur teams. It's a disgrace to be honest.

Is this Rothie team the same players you played against?

Quick check revealed 5 of the Saints team who reached a couple of semi-finals started on Saturday and not 2 or 3 as i said.

My point should’ve been, a top team beats any Aberdeen based team, the standard down there is much higher, it’s not a dig at Rothie.

My old team went up to Rothie earlier this season, man sent off after 7 minutes and beat them. We were probably the best team in Aberdeen for 2/3 seasons and I don’t think we would’ve of beaten the top teams.

What team did you play for mate?

Sportsmans.

Back