The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

Roscoblue

Last year’s thread seemed to go down well, a few posters playing for, involved with or close to many of the clubs involved.

Round 5 tomorrow, some of the more fancied names have already gone (St Pat’s, Southside (CSAFL), Shortlees, Sandys, Goldenhill). Colville Park probably the favourites, Hurlford Thistle will fancy themselves no doubt and Bannockburn, Eastfield, Oban and Pennies look decent as well.

Alba Thistle v Milton

Blackthorn Rovers v Colville Park

Cambria v Bridgewater

Castlemilk BC AFC v Pennies

Cupar Hearts v Uddingston Anvil

Drumchapel United v Murieston United

Drumchapel United PYM v Bannockburn

Dumbarton Academy v Hurlford Thistle

Eastfield v Steins Thistle

Glasgow University v Clydeside Athletic

Harestanes v Southside (SSMAFL)

Hurlford AFC v Tynecastle

Motherwell Thistle v Stewarton United

Pittenweem Rovers v Craigshill Thistle

Rothie Rovers v Oban Saints

St. Joseph's v Newshot

Oban Saints are having a great season, seems a more settled team with new management in charge.

They always have a good cup run so fancy them to continue that this weekend

Oban Saints are having a great season, seems a more settled team with new management in charge.

They are mate. A few boys back from injury and a couple returning from some time away has helped them I think. I think they’ll progress, maybe after a replay.

Love the Scottish Amateur Cup.

Out of that lot hope Bannockburn win.

Hurford favourites?

Hurford favourites?[/QUOTE]

Today, yes probably but Dumbarton have improved a fair bit. Not the tournament favourites though, other than maybe in their own mind.

Hurford favourites?
Bannockburn are always up there in the list of likely winners. There can't be many better run clubs in the Amateur game.

Bannockburn are always up there in the list of likely winners. There can't be many better run clubs in the Amateur game.

They have a good chance this year again. Lost in the semi to Shortlees last year and were the better team. Lacked a goal scorer but have brought one of the best in the amateur game in.

Their ongoing ‘issues’ with Colville Park could either focus them or work against them. The West of Scotland Cup tie between them in a fortnight could be fun.

Not won it in a long time though.

Definitely well run
Been to all had one of their finals. The only one I messed was when we best Aberdeen 2-0 in 1991.

Double celebration when we got back off the bus in Bannockburn. Was some night!

Been to all had one of their finals. The only one I messed was when we best Aberdeen 2-0 in 1991.

Double celebration when we got back off the bus in Bannockburn. Was some night!

You’ll know my Uncle. He’s won the SC with Bannockburn in the 80’s and 90’s. I was at a couple of finals too.

Initials IC. Left sided midfielder.

Dumbarton accies 0 hurlford 2
Was a right good cup tie spoiled by a dodgy ref ,the game swung on the 63rd minute when the ref awarded the visitors a penalty for sfa which was converted to put hurlford 1 up,accies then pressed for an equaliser but were stunned when hurlford added a second near the end

You’ll know my Uncle. He’s won the SC with Bannockburn in the 80’s and 90’s. I was at a couple of finals too.

Initials IC. Left sided midfielder.
Yeah, I know who you are talking about.

My cousin played right back in 87(if I remember correctly) and a couple of his sons are still involved.

Between things like this and both of us being up on Alva & District bus (me only occasionally) makes me think we must know each other to some degree!

Last edited:
Alba beat Milton 4-3 at Ralston this afternoon. Alba scoring in the last few minutes to win. Could have been a few more but the Milton goalie had a great game.

Hard to call it amateur when some of the teams pay their players is it not? :rolleyes:

Colville guilty as sin. Pretty sure they've just signed a boy (Ferguson) from Clyde.

Alba Thistle 4 v 3 Milton

Blackthorn Rovers 0 v 7 Colville Park

Cambria 2 v 2 Bridgewater

Castlemilk BC AFC 4 v 2 Pennies

Cupar Hearts 1 v 0 Uddingston Anvil

Drumchapel United 2 v 6 Murieston United

Drumchapel United PYM 2 v 5 Bannockburn

Dumbarton Academy 0 v 2 Hurlford Thistle

Eastfield 3 v 0 Steins Thistle

Glasgow University 3 v 1 Clydeside Athletic

Harestanes 0 v 2 Southside (SSMAFL)

Hurlford AFC 0 v 1 Tynecastle

Motherwell Thistle 2 v 3 Stewarton United

Pittenweem Rovers v Craigshill Thistle

Rothie Rovers 1 v 1 Oban Saints

St. Joseph's 2 v 2 Newshot

A couple of real shocks today in my opinion. Drawn games to be replayed next Saturday.

Hard to call it amateur when some of the teams pay their players is it not? :rolleyes:

Colville guilty as sin. Pretty sure they've just signed a boy (Ferguson) from Clyde.

They have aye - they won 7-0 today my auld man follows them.

They have a good chance this year again. Lost in the semi to Shortlees last year and were the better team. Lacked a goal scorer but have brought one of the best in the amateur game in.

Their ongoing ‘issues’ with Colville Park could either focus them or work against them. The West of Scotland Cup tie between them in a fortnight could be fun.
What issues with Colville ( being nosey )

What issues with Colville ( being nosey )

A lot of stuff being said on social media about each other, the usual allegations about payments etc and their recent game was mental.

Both have been at Hampden recently to explain their conduct.

Colville for me are the clear favourites out of the teams left, but there are 5 or 6 teams after that who will fancy their chances.

Winner will come from one of Colville, Bannockburn, Hurlford Thistle, Eastfield, Cambria, St Joseph’s.

Think they have only lost two games including pre season one was against us up there. A very tidy team and try play it the right way.

Yeah, I know who you are talking about.

My cousin played right back in 87(if I remember correctly) and a couple of his sons are still involved.

Between things like this and both of us being up on Alva & District bus (me only occasionally) makes me think we must know each other to some degree!

Must do mate. I’d echo your post above about McQ’s, I’ve only ever known Bannockburn to play out of there although has to be said I always liked the Empire as well.

Regarding your relatives is one of them the goalkeeper? If so then I know them very well. Played together at Tullibody.

Think Tynecasetle ( if it is the Strathclyde Sat morning league team) used to have Charlie Miller , Andy Mclarren and a couple of other playing . Think The Goalie was their goalkeeping coach too .

Think Tynecasetle ( if it is the Strathclyde Sat morning league team) used to have Charlie Miller , Andy Mclarren and a couple of other playing . Think The Goalie was their goalkeeping coach too .

Same team. Both were still registered last season and Andy played about half of the season. Still good players and great guys

The Southside that put Harstanes out are in the Strathclyde Morning League. Decent outfit.

They have a few boys like Jonesy in midfield. Wee terrier and a big bear fan. Their name is in the hat so anything goes. A few big names away today as well.

Back