The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

I see Darvel Juniors have announced tonight that the Colville Park management team will be taking over at the start of next season. It’ll be interesting to see how many players they take worth them.

Majority of the players will go. I think Colville will likely fold now which is a shame but Mick's team have outgrown the amateur game and in all honesty, I think it's a good thing they are stepping up to junior now as it'll make it more of a level playing field at amateur level with less money flying around the game.

Majority of the players will go. I think Colville will likely fold now which is a shame but Mick's team have outgrown the amateur game and in all honesty, I think it's a good thing they are stepping up to junior now as it'll make it more of a level playing field at amateur level with less money flying around the game.

That’s the obvious conclusion but I think there’s a lot of money going in to Darvel and I’d imagine that Michael may think he’ll have a good chance of attracting some top junior players, maybe some seniors, there.

I do think he’ll take a few from Colville Park but I also think he’ll believe he can attract others of a higher standard than what he has.

That’s the obvious conclusion but I think there’s a lot of money going in to Darvel and I’d imagine that Michael may think he’ll have a good chance of attracting some top junior players, maybe some seniors, there.

I do think he’ll take a few from Colville Park but I also think he’ll believe he can attract others of a higher standard than what he has.

Yeah there's clearly money going in there as he's had chances to step up in the past and said no. Will be a good project for him. If the source of the funding is true and he does well at Darvel then he'll be the next manager at another big Ayrshire Junior Club with a lot of money as well.

His Colville team hammer juniors on a regular basis but he's a smart guy. He won't simply take the full team with him as that rarely works. He'll take the cream from Colville and supplement it with top junior/senior players as you said.

I'd put a lot of money on Darvel going up next season.

I’d expect them to go up as well and wouldn’t be surprised to see him progress within the junior ranks. I’ve seen rumours that the funding is from the same place as the other junior (and amateur) team but I don’t believe that is the case.

Apparently the boy Knapp from Shortlees will be going to Darvel?

Mick will have plenty of good contacts in the Amateur game so he shouldn't have much of a problem convincing boys to make the step up.

Mick will have plenty of good contacts in the Amateur game so he shouldn't have much of a problem convincing boys to make the step up.

I’ve seen that, not the only one from Shortlees either. He’ll have a go at getting the boy from St Patrick’s as well I’m sure.

I’ve seen that, not the only one from Shortlees either. He’ll have a go at getting the boy from St Patrick’s as well I’m sure.

Knapp is superb at that level, Mick will as others have said take the cream of the guys he can from amateur ranks now.

Wonder who will take over at Colville.

Scottish Amateur Cup replay

Muirieston 0 Glasgow University 3

West of Scotland Cup Round 5

Bannockburn 3 Tynecastle 2

Dumbarton Academy 3 Third lanark 1

East Dunbartonshire 1 Shortlees 5

Goldenhil 1 Cambria 2

Harestanes 1 St Patrick’s 2

Oban Saints 5 Neilston 2

Southside (SSMAFL) 1 Crookston Castle 1
Southside won 4-2 on penalties.

Only fixture remaining in the West will be played next week.

Glasgow University v Irvine Meadow.

Scottish Amateur Cup Quarter Final Draw

Alba Thistle v Castlemilk BC AFC

Glasgow University v Eastfield

Hurlford Thistle v Craigshill Thistle

St Joseph’s v Colville Park

Ties to be played March 2nd.

West of Scotland Cup Quarter Final draw.

Shortlees v Glasgow Uni or Irvine Meadow

Bannockburn v Dumbarton Academy

Oban saints v Cambria

Southside v St Patrick’s

A couple of observations. Shortlees and Oban will both be delighted with home draws, I think that makes both favourites (Shortlees probably favourites in their tie home or away tbh).

Bannockburn v Dumbarton will be tight, I fancy Bannockburn to shade it.

St Pats clear favourites in the bottom tie, Southside have done very well and have done themselves and Saturday morning football proud but St Pats will have too much for them, in my opinion.

Ties scheduled for March 16th.

Oban will fancy their chances at home although Cambria had a great result Vs Goldenhill.

Hopefully this is the year where Oban can finally get to that major final they've been knocking on the door of for a good few years.

First 3 ties are home wins and St Pats to beat Southside imo.

Oban will fancy their chances at home although Cambria had a great result Vs Goldenhill.

Hopefully this is the year where Oban can finally get to that major final they've been knocking on the door of for a good few years.

First 3 ties are home wins and St Pats to beat Southside imo.

I agree with everything you’ve said here.

Whatever the case it’s great to see at least 15 different teams making up the 16 that will be left in the Scottish and West of Scotland Cups by Saturday night. I expect Glasgow University to win on Saturday and be the only team left in both.

Played against him last year in the 1/4s , scored 2 past me , guy is best amateur player I’ve played against. Boy pele from shortlees is also very good

Played against him last year in the 1/4s , scored 2 past me , guy is best amateur player I’ve played against. Boy pele from shortlees is also very good

He scored the best goal i have seen in amateur football a few seasons back v Oban in the West of Scotland quarter-final. Beat about 5 players before smashing one into the top corner. Also scored up here in a 2-1 defeat before that. Class player who should be playing at a far higher standard.

Unconfirmed reports, but almost certainly true, that Craigshill have folded and will not complete their Quarter Final tie v Hurlford.

An appeal was heard at Hampden on Monday evening following a protest, by Southside, that Craigshill played a suspended player in the last round. The appeal was thrown out but it doesn’t look like Craigshill gave survived the fall out.

Unconfirmed reports, but almost certainly true, that Craigshill have folded and will not complete their Quarter Final tie v Hurlford.

An appeal was heard at Hampden on Monday evening following a protest, by Southside, that Craigshill played a suspended player in the last round. The appeal was thrown out but it doesn’t look like Craigshill gave survived the fall out.

Only picked up a few snippets on Twitter and P&B.

Apparently they were caught red handed (photos and everything) however Southside's appeal was thrown out? Hurlford straight into the semis.

Fancy Castlemilk to turn over Alba

The only 2 left in that I’ve not seen, in fact I’ve never seen Castlemilk. Was impressed with Alba last season, they fûcked up in the Scottish against a ten man St Pats.

If Castlemilk go through, I don’t think it will be tomorrow.

The only 2 left in that I’ve not seen, in fact I’ve never seen Castlemilk. Was impressed with Alba last season, they fûcked up in the Scottish against a ten man St Pats.

If Castlemilk go through, I don’t think it will be tomorrow.

I've not seen Alba this year but Castlemilk have been building and improving each season and play with plenty energy.

There probably won't be much in it either way.

Tomorrow’s Scottish Quarter Final ties.

Alba Thistle v Castlemilk BC AFC
KO 13:15 @ Ralston 3G

Glasgow University v Eastfield
KO 14:00 @ Garscube Complex

St Joseph’s v Colville Park
KO 14:00 @ Clydebank High School

Cheers for the updates Rossco, much appreciated. My boys playing at 11.00 at Ferguslie so, I’ll be across the road from my house to watch the Alba match. Looking forward to that now.:))

If anyone’s going along to Colville game wouldn’t mind an update ? Sadly I am working this week so won’t make it along.

Heard this lad is brilliant.

Colville and Drumchapel has some really good players when I was still playing. Div Mackay, Kevin McKendrick and a big lump in the middle called ‘McD’ always stood out.

Heard this lad is brilliant.

Colville and Drumchapel has some really good players when I was still playing. Div Mackay, Kevin McKendrick and a big lump in the middle called ‘McD’ always stood out.

Doc re-signed for Colville Park this season bit hasn’t featured. He’s playing over 35s with Eastercraigs on a Friday night.

McD (Steven McDevitt) still plays with and is the captain of Colville Park, I can’t think of many amateur players that have been more successful than him.

Doc re-signed for Colville Park this season bit hasn’t featured. He’s playing over 35s with Eastercraigs on a Friday night.

McD (Steven McDevitt) still plays with and is the captain of Colville Park, I can’t think of many amateur players that have been more successful than him.

As good a midfielder as I’ve seen at that level mate. Very difficult to play against as he would have run through a wall for his team, but could obviously really play as well.

I’ve just signed for an over 35’s team. Standard is really good from what I’ve seen so far.

As good a midfielder as I’ve seen at that level mate. Very difficult to play against as he would have run through a wall for his team, but could obviously really play as well.

I’ve just signed for an over 35’s team. Standard is really good from what I’ve seen so far.

He’s superb at what he does for Colville. A real leader and someone his team mates have the upmost respect for. Dare I say they even have an on field fear of him.

35s standard is good and improving. It’s becoming very competitive which is fine but players aren’t happy that it’s being treated as a competitive game by referees and the powers that be.

He’s superb at what he does for Colville. A real leader and someone his team mates have the upmost respect for. Dare I say they even have an on field fear of him.

35s standard is good and improving. It’s becoming very competitive which is fine but players aren’t happy that it’s being treated as a competitive game by referees and the powers that be.

Aye he definitely has a presence.

Not sure I follow mate? What else would it be treated as?

Back