The Scottish media

The Scottish media are absolutely praying for any misbehaving this week

Wait until you see Leckies latest in the sun, boke inducing about how wonderful his trip to Seville was in 2003 and only hopes we can behave

They are beyond parody now, can only hope we give them nothing like anything they want this week

Hopefully Murdo will be asking questions of the lack of condemnation for these scenes when they could not be kept off social media or the MSM last year to vent their spleen?
I think Douglas Ross needs to use First Ministers questions to take the SNP head on on this issue .

Hopefully, by firstly ,congratulating the heroic achievement of Scotland and the worlds most successful club in Seville .

Taking time to recognise that 18/05/22 has rewritten the folklore of Scottish Football in respect of the most significant European achievement this country has ever produced.

I then think the substantive questioning should be unrelenting on the role of the Police Scotland statement , the ineptitude of the cabinet secretary for justice to condemn the behaviour of Celtic supporters.

The damage to historic public buildings, to personal property, the violent disorder , public indecency, sectarian singing, and the damage to the reputation of Scotland , by the mass mob rule on display on the 14/05/22.

In other words the conservative and unionist party need to start playing the SNP at their own game. Draw a line in the sand . Encourage unionists , Rangers supporters, law abiding tax payers to see a party that represents them.

Then upcoming FMQ’s should be derailing the disgusting silence from S ottos Government, and football authorities on the historic child sexual abuse victims from that club.

Let’s play dirty. If anyone is in the Conservative party . This would help to win the hearts and minds of many tax payers in Scotland.

Last edited:
The Scottish Sun has an article titled "Carnage, shock footage shows Celtic fans fighting, drug taking and urinating in the street".
Click on the article and it says WHOOPS we can't seem to find the page you are looking for.

All the proof you need to see the media is corrupt to the core.
And just like that today's articles of racism and yesterday's trouble have now been dropped by the sun.
Several hours ago it was the top story on their page and has now been removed. Wtf?

So what has happened here? Have Celtic complained to The Sun or threatened them for reporting facts?

The other papers have not removed their stories. Yet.

Edit - Sun story back up, has now been updated and watered down. References to ‘carnage’, ‘fighting’ and ‘drug use’ have now been omitted.

Last edited:
I think Douglas Ross needs to use First Ministers questions to take the SNP head on on this issue .

Hopefully, by firstly ,congratulating the heroic achievement of Scotland and the worlds most successful club in Seville .

Taking time to recognise that 18/05/22 has rewritten the folklore of Scottish Football in respect of the most significant European achievement this country has ever produced.

I then think the substantive questioning should be unrelenting on the role of the Police Scotland statement , the ineptitude of the cabinet secretary for justice to condemn the behaviour of Celtic supporters.

The damage to historic public buildings, to personal property, the violent disorder , public indecency, sectarian singing, and the damage to the reputation of Scotland , by the mass mob rule on display on the 14/05/22.

In other words the conservative and unionist party need to start playing the SNP at their own game. Draw a line in the sand . Encourage unionists , Rangers supporters, law abiding tax payers to see a party that represents them.

Then upcoming FMQ’s should be derailing the disgusting silence from S ottos Government, and football authorities on the historic child sexual abuse victims from that club.

Let’s play dirty. If anyone is in the Conservative party . This would help to win the hearts and minds of many tax payers in Scotland.
It would be easier for him to use such terms if we wasn’t compromised by being a linesman in games involving us or them. To be honest I think it is a bit daft to have such a public weekend job, whilst holding one of the biggest jobs in Scottish politics.

Fkin sad that it's barely been 24 hours yet and I've barely heard or seen anything about their disgusting behaviour in the Scottish mhedia. By tomorrow any hint of it will have vanished and they will be rubbing their hands in preparation to let rip on us. You are right op , it will be endless spewing over us before and after the Europa League final.

Sad what this country has become. fkin riddled with the scum from top to bottom it seems. Every position of influence seems to have one of them at the helm with a pack of them following along behind. I don't know how they've managed it.

It would be easier for him to use such terms if we wasn’t compromised by being a linesman in games involving us or them. To be honest I think it is a bit daft to have such a public weekend job, whilst holding one of the biggest jobs in Scottish politics.
To be honest bear, Scotland has got to the stage where in order to oust the stasi party , it’s a mute point whether he goes back to running the line and sending off Tim’s every chance he gets.
I’m actually suggesting that The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party , need to start taking binary political choices.
The Celtic vote should be regarded as poison for their electability. Don’t worry about offending them, because in the grand scheme of things, who they vote for is irrelevant.

The constitution influences todays government to ignore the horrific sight of “the second city of the empire” being polluted by terrorist loving, British hating mobs.

We as a movement need to be encouraged to start voting for our own values of Britishness. I don’t need convincing. Others it seems do. It’s time for quiet conservatism to falter. We need strong British representation in Scotland. The conservatives need to be linear in who they want votes from. No point wasting election material on IRA lovers

The double standards on show are at an embarrassing level in this nasty little country.

You can pretty much bet yer arse on it that there will be false stories about us doing the rounds after the Europa League final

More double standards.

I remember last season Rangers fans put Union Jacks on loads of lampposts etc around town. They were taken down within hours.

Still Irish flags everywhere near Celtic Park and along the Gallowgate etc.

To be honest bear, Scotland has got to the stage where in order to oust the stasi party , it’s a mute point whether he goes back to running the line and sending off Tim’s every chance he gets.
I’m actually suggesting that The Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party , need to start taking binary political choices.
The Celtic vote should be regarded as poison for their electability. Don’t worry about offending them, because in the grand scheme of things, who they vote for is irrelevant.

The constitution influences todays government to ignore the horrific sight of “the second city of the empire” being polluted by terrorist loving, British hating mobs.

We as a movement need to be encouraged to start voting for our own values of Britishness. I don’t need convincing. Others it seems do. It’s time for quiet conservatism to falter. We need strong British representation in Scotland. The conservatives need to be linear in who they want votes from. No point wasting election material on IRA lovers
Totally agree, but the issue is how do the Tories, or a Labour for that matter, go about it? Whatever they are doing at the moment is not working. Neither Ross or Sarwar are convincing enough, nor gritty enough, for me in their public appearance. They need some out of the box thinking, rather than the tired old political tropes.

The danger is that everything in Scottish Politics, and Scottish life, becomes an independence argument, which is what the Nats want. The more the topic is raised, then the more it steeps into public consciousness.

Both Labour and the Tories are also hampered somewhat in being tied to the U.K. parties, which can sometimes do a disservice to the decent Scottish politicians, as we seen in the local elections.

Maybe there should be a ‘Rangers’ party or similar. It would at least guarantee a lot of votes in certain areas. And I’m only half joking.

I don't read the papers.
Has there seriously been nothing about their behaviour reported?

They rattled on for a month this time last year.

It's fucking disgusting.
I don’t read newspapers

The only news anyone is interested in is here and it’s about Rangers and the Europa league final. No one gives a %^*& about ange or Celtic. Not even their fans or Clyde or the record or any of that shite

have a good day

Totally agree, but the issue is how do the Tories, or a Labour for that matter, go about it? Whatever they are doing at the moment is not working. Neither Ross or Sarwar are convincing enough, nor gritty enough, for me in their public appearance. They need some out of the box thinking, rather than the tired old political tropes.

The danger is that everything in Scottish Politics, and Scottish life, becomes an independence argument, which is what the Nats want. The more the topic is raised, then the more it steeps into public consciousness.

Both Labour and the Tories are also hampered somewhat in being tied to the U.K. parties, which can sometimes do a disservice to the decent Scottish politicians, as we seen in the local elections.

Maybe there should be a ‘Rangers’ party or similar. It would at least guarantee a lot of votes in certain areas. And I’m only half joking.
If you look at the lack of political representation over the last 24 hours , it reinforces the opinion, that the snp are not governing for the democracy as a whole.
SNP know that the majority of Rangers fans despise them.

They have made the political choice to erase all concerns on economy , society, or security , when there is association of Britishness.The SNP couldn’t give a flying for views, hopes, aspirations of Rangers supporters.

The Conservatives have the greatest opportunity to challenge the SNP. It’s base level politics , but, we are already here. The SNP are in discussions to shore up political support with Sinn Fein.

This was a decision taken and published in Scottish media to embolden the Catholic Celtic vote in Scotland. It worked, they got best local government results.

Very dirty and effective form of lowest denominator politics.

I think the Labour Party are rife with similar clannish , republican sentiment .

It’s time to plan ahead , nail your colours to the mast, use the cultural football Divisions of the country , to enhance votes.

I admit to a bias. I don’t believe there are decent Scottish Politicians out with the Conservative party.

I believe the parliament is littered with incompetent technocrats, bureaucrats, lawyers, paralegals, and cultural parasites.Economic growth has remained lower than the 2.3% that Jack McConell had fir the last 15 years.

This is in spite of record levels of Barnet Formula block grant and consequentialis.

If the SNP want a dirty war treating the electorate like fools. The conservatives need to read the room. Expose their corruption , incompetence, and bigotry. Chase unionist votes

If you look at the lack of political representation over the last 24 hours , it reinforces the opinion, that the snp are not governing for the democracy as a whole.

They have made the political choice to erase all concerns on economy , society, or security , when there is association of Britishness.The SNP couldn’t give a flying for views, hopes, aspirations of Rangers supporters.

The Conservatives have the greatest opportunity to challenge the SNP. It’s base level politics , but, we are already here. The SNP are in discussions to shore up political support with Sinn Fein.

This was a decision taken and published in Scottish media to embolden the Catholic Celtic vote in Scotland. It worked, they got best local government results.

I think the Labour Party are rife with similar clannish , republican sentiment .

It’s time to plan ahead , nail your colours to the mast, use the cultural football Divisions of the country , to enhance votes.

I admit to a bias. I don’t believe there are decent Scottish Politicians out with the Conservative party.

I believe the parliament is littered with incompetent technocrats, bureaucrats, lawyers, paralegals, and cultural parasites.Economic growth has remained lower than the 2.3% that Jack McConell had fir the last 15 years.

This is in spite of record levels of Barnet Formula block grant and consequentialis.

If the SNP want a dirty war treating the electorate like fools. The conservatives need to read the room. Expose their corruption , incompetence, and bigotry. Chase unionist votes
We also need to work together to keep pushing and exposing the tramps vile behaviour as today the Scottish Sun has all but wiped clean all their behaviour from the weekend so, it needs again for it to be pushed

Bottom line here is that we’ve lost.
Personally, I don’t think there is any coming back from where we are now.
That the Sun newspaper can be railroaded, for any reason, into not printing what we've all seen on video is a major indicator of where we are, socially, and the way we are heading.
I’m seriously happy that I have less years in front of me than behind me but saddened at what I’m leaving future generations behind.

I don’t read newspapers

The only news anyone is interested in is here and it’s about Rangers and the Europa league final. No one gives a %^*& about ange or Celtic. Not even their fans or Clyde or the record or any of that shite

have a good day
Unfortunately the thread is about the “Scottish media” and their lack of condemnation of the filth support.

I don’t know why you’ve particularly singled my post out, I’ve kept to the subject matter. Like yourself, I also don’t give a f uck about Ange or celtc.

I do give a f uck about agenda driven, slanted reporting though. It’s the reason I don’t buy papers.
I’m guessing your reason is the same.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Scotland is becoming a dangerous place to live and it's getting worse by the day.
The truth is whatever they want it to be.
That's why I keep asking for us to all with social media to work together whenever they act like animals as they did again on Saturday. Yesterday afternoon, they together keep re-posting and retweeting images from George square last year so that their stories kept falling down social media and at one point George Square images were trending on Twitter.

They get away with things because they have the media in their pocket but, if we could ALL with social media could just work together we could keep their behaviour as the main story as it should have been and should be today but isn't. There's zero point in posters just moaning on here about them behaving like animals on Saturday and do nothing to highlight their behaviour.

They cannot control the internet but ,we could make sure that everything they do is constantly highlighted so all know about it and their "cuddly hoops" image is trashed.

Last edited:
What chance Timothy's behaviour being discussed on Clyde SSB tonight whilst that Station are advertising the Season Ticket renewal for the Piggery, they were happy to allow a lying scumbag to pretend he was a paramedic to slate our fans, this time last year, so the precedent has been set.
Cue Hugh and his ' this is just whataboutery', although he is the worst for that call in to praise Ryan Kent for example he will introduce Jota to the conversation and end up praising him for the original point.
Also what was quite telling was Paul Sweeney only being 'disappointed' at the scums' behaviour not DISGUSTED.....says it all really!
Memo to Bears going to Sevilla wear a Saltire /Lion Rampant flag tied round your neck and that acts as a Cloak of Invisability to both the MSM & SNP and you can misbehave till your hearts content as we seen last June in London.

You can bet your bottom dollar IF,AND I HOPE THERE ISN'T,any bother at all out there it will be on all front pages first thing Thursday morning and all mhedia outlets,fkn guaranteed!!

You can bet your bottom dollar IF,AND I HOPE THERE ISN'T,any bother at all out there it will be on all front pages first thing Thursday morning and all mhedia outlets,fkn guaranteed!!
Of course there will because they are desperate for something to happen but, when we have an open goal with regards their behaviour we Id say dont work collectively as a unit to push their negative headlines and get them trending on social media.

Thats why I keep asking for us to all with social media to work together whenever they act like animals as they did again on Saturday. Yesterday afternoon, they together keep reposting images from George square last year so that their stories kept falling down social media and at one point George Square images were trending on Twitter.

They get away with things because they have the media in their pocket but, if we could ALL with social media could just work together we could keep their behaviour as the main story as it should have been and should be today but isn't. There's zero point in posters just moaning on here about them behaving like animals on Saturday and do nothing to highlight their behaviour.

They cannot control the internet but ,we could make sure that everything they do is constantly highlighted so all know about it and their "cuddly hoops" image is trashed.

Excellent. Unfortunately Im not on social media but I hope you can encourage others to do as you suggest.

Did a wee scan of the front pages this morning...was surprised to see the Wreckord had several Gers stories with positive headlines but the Sun was all green and white except for one Gers sub headline.

I promise you if Rangers lift this trophy on Wednesday night there is nothing they can do or say which will tarnish that achievement.

End of story.
If Rangers fans in Glasgow act in any way similar to their fans behaviour on Saturday the behaviour of our fans WILL be plastered everywhere on Thursdays media.

I asked on here for all with social media to help with keep their negative stories trending yesterday, we have to work together when they given us an open goal!

Protecting your tweets on Twitter so, its just your mates that see them

1. Go to where it says More

2. Go to Privacy and safety

3. Click on Audience and tagging and click to protect your tweets.

Last edited:
That's why the club should be calling them out beforehand in their messages to the support
Add in the fact that the clubs audience this week stretches well beyond our borders its the perfect time to get on the front foot calling out the hypocrisy

BBC Scotland radio just had a phone-in about racism in Scotland and guess what team they managed to mention. The host(Adams?) allowed a Rangers fan, who managed to squeeze in "the old Rangers not the new Rangers" into his call, to say he stopped going to Ibrox because of racial abuse he received there. They are really hurting at our national broadcaster.

BBC Scotland radio just had a phone-in about racism in Scotland and guess what team they managed to mention. The host(Adams?) allowed a Rangers fan, who managed to squeeze in "the old Rangers not the new Rangers" into his call, to say he stopped going to Ibrox because of racial abuse he received there. They are really hurting at our national broadcaster.
Caller gave the game away there.

Imagine phoning a National call in and pretending to support your rivals B-). That might be one of the most tragic things a person could do.

Are our PR team all over stuff like this? When Lawwell ran Celtic his team of rats would get all over an issue like this and nip it completely in the bud.

They would stomp on any slight, perceived or otherwise and would get stuff pulled and they’d threaten the likes of the bbc with action if they repeated similar offences.

They even got a young journo the sack did they not at the daily record?

Either we don’t have the resources or we don’t give a shite. The BBC can get away with saying what they like because of course we haven’t got a relationship with them.

Strong leadership and good management is required. I’m not entirely sure that we are mature enough in that department to get this sorted.

Bottom line here is that we’ve lost.
Personally, I don’t think there is any coming back from where we are now.
That the Sun newspaper can be railroaded, for any reason, into not printing what we've all seen on video is a major indicator of where we are, socially, and the way we are heading.
I’m seriously happy that I have less years in front of me than behind me but saddened at what I’m leaving future generations behind.
Completely understand that sentiment. However, we are stuck with it for the foreseeable future, unless something drastic happens, and we just need to stand up for ourselves and what is right. First step is getting the SNP out of power.

You never know, maybe Ireland will implement a Universal Basic Income in the future which causes a mass migration back the other way. Not that Ireland would have the yahoos back, you would imagine that a lot of them are embarrassed seeing their flag flown by drunk gargoyles in trackies while singing about something they have no real understanding of.

To be honest, if I wasn’t tied to Scotland due to family and friends, I would have been out of here in a shot a long time ago. It would be hard to still give a shit when you are selling watermelon on a sunny beach somewhere. :D

Imagine being the host of this National call in, on a serious topic such as racism, and not recognising that you've had the absolute pish ripped oot ye.
Unless it suits the narrative, that is. I’m sure BBC Scotland would have been quite happy to play along with the wee charade.

I don’t know how it would work out if the Tories played it in such black and white terms, and I don’t think they ever would. It could be a vote loser as well as a vote gainer.

I have never aligned myself with a party, not in a sense that I would always vote for them regardless. There are fundamentally good people in other parties. For example, I defy anyone to say that Willie Rennie was not impressive of his bollocking of the SNP the other day, and in my own personal dealings and correspondence with the parties and the leaders, I would have to say the Lib Dems have by far been the most responsive, most aggressive, and generally most impressive.

I much prefer the Scottish Tories as opposed to the ones currently in the Cabinet down south. Similarly, I don’t trust Labour either up here or at U.K. level. That said, I think everyone needs to vote any way they can in order to get the SNP out, even if it means voting for people or parties that stick in the throat.

At the end of the day, you find that in Scotland at least, Labour, Lib Dems and the Tories probably agree on most things, as I think they all tend to gravitate a bit towards the centre. U.K. wide tends to have a bit more extremism. Everyone, with the exception of a few dafties, agrees on the Union, NHS, a strong economy, Education, etc. All the big stuff. It is just really who would implement it better.

In national elections the parties should still continue as planned. But it would be hugely beneficial if they joined forces at Scottish Government level in 2026. Put forward the strongest candidate out of the three in each area with the best chance of overtaking the SNP, and display a unity in the media beforehand, and even on the ballot paper itself. In an ideal world, they could even form a combined Government, cherry pick the best people for the job, all working for Scotland as opposed to party.

Although if we get Sturgeon out beforehand, then all that may not be required.

Last year it was all over twitter and the papers within hours, but nothing said about their end. They've claimed to clean it up but there's tricolours and spray paint everywhere and nobody's arsed about it. Absolute disgrace man.

Religious political and football allegiencies cloud the mind of many of them.
.. and you get called a bigot for recognising this when in polite conversation, which is half of the problem.

Scottish society has been conditioned over 40yrs to accept that Catholics are hard done to by the Protestant population, that Unionism is bad and that Rangers FC is the best whipping boy for addressing of all of that.

And it’s just been accepted by so many people.

I don't read the papers.
Has there seriously been nothing about their behaviour reported?

They rattled on for a month this time last year.

It's fucking disgusting.
Last year you had a coordinated launch of comment by SNP ministers by the Sunday lunchtime.. it was like someone had blown a silent whistle.. they followed on from each other with the same narrative, same wording and same message. It was absolutely coordinated and clearly pre-meditated.

.. and you get called a bigot for recognising this when in polite conversation, which is half of the problem.

Scottish society has been conditioned over 40yrs to accept that Catholics are hard done to by the Protestant population, that Unionism is bad and that Rangers FC is the best whipping boy for addressing of all of that.

And it’s just been accepted by so many people.
Your right. We have been made out to be the stumbling block for a bright happy future. All bullshit of course, but that's what we're up against.

As I've said before, it's not the plastic paddies who are the problem here, it's scottish people who now actually align themselves with irish republicans. F**ken sickening.

Sinn Fein/IRA have played a blinder over many years and pulled the wool over many peoples eyes, helped I may add by a compliant media and not just scotland, but the UK. Christ, they even have university lecturers in place now.

There is a good chance that they will have power in northern ireland and the south. It's a very unknown future ahead.

What chance Timothy's behaviour being discussed on Clyde SSB tonight whilst that Station are advertising the Season Ticket renewal for the Piggery, they were happy to allow a lying scumbag to pretend he was a paramedic to slate our fans, this time last year, so the precedent has been set.
Cue Hugh and his ' this is just whataboutery', although he is the worst for that call in to praise Ryan Kent for example he will introduce Jota to the conversation and end up praising him for the original point.
Also what was quite telling was Paul Sweeney only being 'disappointed' at the scums' behaviour not DISGUSTED.....says it all really!
Memo to Bears going to Sevilla wear a Saltire /Lion Rampant flag tied round your neck and that acts as a Cloak of Invisability to both the MSM & SNP and you can misbehave till your hearts content as we seen last June in London.
The video below was the extent of Clyde's reporting on Timmy's behavior. Ten seconds long and very tame.
I think it will be discussed tonight but for a very short time and Hugh will give his usual reply when Tims have been caught out. "I abhor xxxxxx behavior in any form" . This is his usual line when there is sectarian singing by his beloved club.
When it's Rangers fans, he'll warble on and on all week.

Back