the scottish Sun-Torbett

You're the one bringing up Kilmarnock, derailing the thread. Ok there was two but not exactly like there has been a fraction as many as there has been on the tims and obviously it's because they are our rivals but all my point is, is that when folk want to talk about their crimes they go on the thread that has been made specifically for that.

this is an issue that needs to be dealt with today on twitter on the Scottish sun link !! it would get lost in a larger thread. I'm not sure why you don't grasp this!

Was having a look on twitter this morning and noticed this below so, they must have complained about him being described as their employee. Its rather disturbing they have won this and especially so as they re-employed the services of Torbett even after he had been convicted of abusing their youth players.

D_CYSrIX4AADDs9.jpg:large
I’m taking a punt here as like many of us I don’t know the full facts. From what I’ve read, Torbett wasn’t an employee of CFC but a contractor. He was employed by the CBC and Trophy Centre both of which were separate entities from CFC hence the Sun’s statement. But, CFC was able to exercise control over CBC, eg BIg Jock booting his arse out the door, such that CFC should have exercised greater control over his sordid activities. All of my training and instincts lead me to firmly believe that CBC was NOT a separate entity from CFC and that will be proved in court. Then they become liable.

I’ve tried contacting Westminster on the inquiry subject. The reply is in the other thread and basically outlines that as we have a devolved government then it’s down to the Scottish government to launch the inquiry.
Now we know that’s not going to happen soon as we have that lot running the country. But the more evidence Thomkins uncovers and the non reply from lawwell will leave him no choice but to bring it up in Holyrood which in turn will lead to an inquiry being launched hopefully.
Let Celtic keep digging a bigger hole. They will answer to British justice one day.

Is Tomkins uncovering anything though? I know he is asking for a meeting with the fat Japanese but wasn't aware of any active investigation he was taking? I appreciate he is making a real effort and has genuine concerns but the SNP will just patch him. Seen a few folk on twitter tag Ruth Davidson and she just blanks them.

If Thomsons win 1 case then that's it the floodgates will open. They need to win it though or they will walk imo.

Is Tomkins uncovering anything though? I know he is asking for a meeting with the fat Japanese but wasn't aware of any active investigation he was taking? I appreciate he is making a real effort and has genuine concerns but the SNP will just patch him. Seen a few folk on twitter tag Ruth Davidson and she just blanks them.

If Thomsons win 1 case then that's it the floodgates will open. They need to win it though or they will walk imo.
Have you seen Ruth Davidson reply on the other thread? Me and a few others have had a reply from her.

All that retraction says is that they were wrong to describe Torbett as a 'Celtic FC Coach'. Presumably because, unlike McCafferty for example, he wasn't employed by Celtic FC as a 'Coach'. It doesn't mean they can't describe him as a Celtic FC employee, a Celtic FC representative or any number of other descriptions linking him to that club.

Who will go after them football wise? The SFA? No chance.

If they get away with it through legal loop holes then they will walk. Under this SNP government they could very well wriggle of the hook. Really needs someone from outside Scotland to handle this. Got a feeling Thomsons have shat the bed as well.
I can assure you that they have not shat the bed. This is a 100 year old firm embedded in civil liberties. Every week they claim redress of millions for their clients from 17 offices. When or if this goes to court its going to be high profile and a firm of this standing isnt going to take unnecessary reputational risks by either losing or achieving a poor result. And even when it does go to court, you can reasonably expect the defendant to lodge many and various arguments about links between different bodies, witness reliability, precedents in law and so forth. It could be title 58-60 before these matters are settled. And this is ALL outside of any criminal actions that might be brought against individuals. I posted on the big thread a couple if weeks ago to much the same effect.

They're going to go unpunished for all their crimes
Sadly,I agree.Too many influential friends,politicians,and others in the justice system helping them all the way. Media and journalists in their back pocket or terrified to dig for the truth as liewell will probably have the dirties on them. Scum help scum and cover up for scum.That is fact.

Yeh right like that’s going to happen but I admire your optimism.
The latest suggestion is the lawyers are going after the SFA for compensation, meaning the member clubs will be paying for Celtics crimes. I doubt they'll be fined or have prize money withheld

They weren't that generous when it came to us

We wont give up but if the court cases fail it's dead in the water. What makes you thnk UEFA will go after them especially if the legal stuff fails?

@somethingfunks on twitter alluded that the solicitors have to be quiet just now but don't know the reasons. Him and BJK are doing a great job on there shutting down the mutant hoards.

The convicted paedo McCafferty was a Celtc coach with their youth team.

You're the one bringing up Kilmarnock, derailing the thread. Ok there was two but not exactly like there has been a fraction as many as there has been on the tims and obviously it's because they are our rivals but all my point is, is that when folk want to talk about their crimes they go on the thread that has been made specifically for that.
Honestly?
You come into this moaning about a clearly titled thread complaining about the subject?
You've had it pointed out to you that it's a forum for football discussion, not just Rangers and not just subjects of your choosing.
You've been told that these things will get lost in the big thread so they won't reach the audience they should (ask yourself why the boards admin allow them)
In spite of all this, you still want to argue.

It's dead easy.
It's a thread about Torbett, so clearly the child abuse that the filth allowed.
You don't want to read about it?
Go and find a thread that discusses Rangers and only Rangers.

The funny thing in all this is that your username is a dig at the filth.

Exactly so many people on here tell us how we should vote Tory and I certainly wouldn’t dream of voting for Krankie and her Stasi party but you have to ask yourself why Davidson has basically left Tomkins out on a limb, no fecking wonder the Statis rule Scotchland

The latest suggestion is the lawyers are going after the SFA for compensation, meaning the member clubs will be paying for Celtics crimes. I doubt they'll be fined or have prize money withheld

They weren't that generous when it came to us
Forgive my ignorance but are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Honestly?
You come into this moaning about a clearly titled thread complaining about the subject?
You've had it pointed out to you that it's a forum for football discussion, not just Rangers and not just subjects of your choosing.
You've been told that these things will get lost in the big thread so they won't reach the audience they should (ask yourself why the boards admin allow them)
In spite of all this, you still want to argue.

It's dead easy.
It's a thread about Torbett, so clearly the child abuse that the filth allowed.
You don't want to read about it?
Go and find a thread that discusses Rangers and only Rangers.

The funny thing in all this is that your username is a dig at the filth.
His IQ obviously doesn’t reach the levels required to converse sensibly, best ignored

Exactly so many people on here tell us how we should vote Tory and I certainly wouldn’t dream of voting for Krankie and her Stasi party but you have to ask yourself why Davidson has basically left Tomkins out on a limb, no fecking wonder the Statis rule Scotchland

As a life long Tory voter that has written directly to Ruth Davidson, and been completely ignored by her, I've serious doubts she is up for challenging celtc and will throw the Prof to the lions.

She is a coward sadly.

Still a Tory though.

I’m taking a punt here as like many of us I don’t know the full facts. From what I’ve read, Torbett wasn’t an employee of CFC but a contractor. He was employed by the CBC and Trophy Centre both of which were separate entities from CFC hence the Sun’s statement. But, CFC was able to exercise control over CBC, eg BIg Jock booting his arse out the door, such that CFC should have exercised greater control over his sordid activities. All of my training and instincts lead me to firmly believe that CBC was NOT a separate entity from CFC and that will be proved in court. Then they become liable.

The semantics being used over who worked where can be used against them, in the main thread @Tommy used this phrase in a letter to MP'S.

"this club and its associated clubs" I would go a bit further and whenever possible use "Celtic Football Club, it's associated clubs, employees and associated businesses

If that wording is used where do they go from there? Given all the information unearthed of their undeniable links between the CBC, The Trophy Centre and Fairbridge etc.

The semantics being used over who worked where can be used against them, in the main thread @Tommy used this phrase in a letter to MP'S.

"this club and its associated clubs" I would go a bit further and whenever possible use "Celtic Football Club, it's associated clubs, employees and associated businesses

If that wording is used where do they go from there? Given all the information unearthed of their undeniable links between the CBC, The Trophy Centre and Fairbridge etc.
It's a simple paper trail - where did the boys club get their funding from, and who allowed them to use the name and crest?

My guess is that their lawyers will drive a coach and horses throwing semantics. Establish that CBC was not a separate entity through the control that CFC exercised over their affairs and they, CFC, are bang to rights. I really don’t know why it’s taking so long but, as I said, I don’t know whats happening behind the scenes.

Celtic boys club were formed in 1966 by Corbett with the permission of Kelly the then celtic f.c. chairman . Corbett was sacked in 1972 after allegations of sexual abuse against him , by the then celtic f.c. manager stein ............so there's absolutely no connection between the two.......Celtic boys club had their name changed in 2018 the bill for this was apparently £20000 and paid for
Yes ,you've guessed it

OWN UP AND PAY UP SCUM

Celtic boys club were formed in 1966 by Corbett with the permission of Kelly the then celtic f.c. chairman . Corbett was sacked in 1972 after allegations of sexual abuse against him , by the then celtic f.c. manager stein ............so there's absolutely no connection between the two.......Celtic boys club had their name changed in 2018 the bill for this was apparently £20000 and paid for
Yes ,you've guessed it

OWN UP AND PAY UP SCUM

His name was Torbett. A name nobody should forget.

Was having a look on twitter this morning and noticed this below so, they must have complained about him being described as their employee. Its rather disturbing they have won this and especially so as they re-employed the services of Torbett even after he had been convicted of abusing their youth players.

D_CYSrIX4AADDs9.jpg:large
Mcafferty

Back on topic lads.

Who was it that complained to IPSO?

ARE WE ABLE TO FIND OUT THROUGH FOI?

IF IT WAS CELTCS PR FIRM THEN IT SHOWS THEY DON'T GIVE A %^*& ABOUT THE VICTIMS.

But we already knew that. The good name of the club really does come first.

Ps. Sorry about caps.

Does anyone know who complained to IPSO? Is there a page on their judgements that might show where the complaint originated?

I've tried the IPSO judgements search facility but can't seem to find the details of who complained about this.

Anyone any idea?

Back