The Scum are oooot the Champions League! All comments in here

If you look at their last set of published results,they had £38m in the bank,,this was before the January window,,so they would have taken a hit after that paying loan fees and some xfers,,they would have got money for brenda and teirneys xfer, so basically they probably are where they were last year in the terms of finance ,,but they have lost their best player and star manager,,,they also have to upgrade a grumbling stadium and have court cases coming and they only pay a interest only loan on their stand ,,,so cash rich ????

If you look at their last set of published results,they had £38m in the bank,,this was before the January window,,so they would have taken a hit after that paying loan fees and some xfers,,they would have got money for brenda and teirneys xfer, so basically they probably are where they were last year in the terms of finance ,,but they have lost their best player and star manager,,,they also have to upgrade a grumbling stadium and have court cases coming and they only pay a interest only loan on their stand ,,,so cash rich ????

And shareholders. They'll be wantin their divvies.

Fantastic post on KDS:

"Also, for what it is worth, (perhaps one of the mods can move this) reading this forum this morning and the early talk of protest etc etc

I cancelled my Direct Debit with the bank (i pay my ST in 4 installments) in a fit of rage this morning.

I have now managed to reinstate with the bank (thankfully the banks can do this)

So if you have jumped the gun like me you can rectify it.

I have cancelled the HCTS though, that is my wee protest"

£15m is the prize money for the group stage.

Ticket sales
Advertising
Cash for points all excluded.

Looking at accounts from non UCL to UCL seasons, the impact on the tims is £30-35m.

Last night cost them £4.75m alone which is the fee for getting knocked out in the next round.

we win the league this year will have a major impact (as King predicted) that would be 3 years on the trot no CL funds for them, based on above that could potentially be £100mil in lost revenue - no many businesses can sustain that with a £60 mil wage bill to pay for !!!!

Money will be the chief deflection tactic over the next few days.
The figure of choice seems to be £100m at the moment, it is,of course, nonsense.
They undoubtedly have some ready cash, but money in itself is useless unless spent wisely. I've yet to see a £100 note score a goal,or play a defence splitting pass.

Given what, and who, Lennon has spent their money on so far this year, I doubt he'll get his hands on too much more.

Well benidorm is scorching , went a walk to the blue belle last night but it was shut , so we walked back along the prom to the hotel and li an behold , here’s a fuckinn bejaysus bar with 4 o them dirty tramps outside , of course never one to miss an opportunity

What’s the score ? %^*& off ya hun bastard
Get it right up ye , tramps corner indeed
Blue belle shut till 1st September mate, just to save you a trip incase you try again.

Thoroughly disappointed by this result. The co-efficient has taken another major blow... aaaaaaaaaa. I would be happy to play 10 extra rounds to see this happen every year. Two bit shambolic bastards.
Ha Ha right the co efficient it's Abaadeens turn next, do we really care :))

This next few weeks is massive.

Win our league games up to & including them & qualify for the EL Group stages.

Helps us massively financially & sets them up to destroy themselves.

And as we know, it’s never TLBs fault, so he will very quickly destroy the dressing room :D

Here's a genuine flow of realistic thoughts.

We win on Thursday. We then qualify for Europa whilst they go out to a tough opponent in AIK. We then beat them in the next OF to go ahead of them on the same number of matches played for possibly the first time since 2012. They then slip up at Easter Road or Shittodrie whilst we keep winning. Genuinely, the timplosion would be spectacular.

They would start cannibalising themselves. Liewell, the board, Popcorn Teeth, Broon, everybody would be in the firing line. A total meltdown would be on the cards.

For the first time in nearly 8 years, I genuinely believe all of this could happen. Long way to go, of course, but we must keep the pressure right on them. I truly believe they could fold this season :)) :))

I see he had a calculated dig at us saying we can't spend £3 million on a player well get your facts right we just did on Helander.

How the hell can Sky continually back this clown ?

His commentary on our games are never fair or impartial then you have shite like bringing up this old age argument that they are cash rich and we are skint etc.

The day his contact gets ripped up or he is sacked by Sky will be a day of celebration.

First thing, you get 5m Euro's for being knocked out in the Playoff round and only 260,000 Euros plus a negligible amount (well under a million Euro's) for going out in QR3.

Getting to the Group Stages by itself is 14.5m Euro's up front and 750,000 over the next three months.

That's where the "It's only £14.1m" is coming from, but it is incredibly disingenuous.

There's also the coefficient-based money. Clubs receive a payoff based on how good their coefficient has been over a 10-year period. The lowest club gets over 1m Euro's and it scales all the way to 35m Euro's. The poets would be somewhere in the lower end but would bring in 5-8m Euro's from that (depending on who else qualified)

Then, there is the big one. The TV Market Pool.

Scotland is considered a 15% part of "The UK Pool" which is a colossal 40% of the overall money in the pool. As the sole representative for Scotland they would have pulled in 17.5m Euro's from TV in the Group stages.

Finally, performance wise, win a game and you receive 2.7m Euros and a draw nets 900,000.

So, assuming they have the lowest coefficient (they wouldn't) and lose every game (they wouldn't) and scraped into the Group stages, they would have made 34m Euro's. In all likelihood, though, it would be somewhere in the 40's.

But they didn't and I can only imagine the horror dawning on their accountants and directors this morning.

Great post mate and if you count roughly 60,000 tickets for the home games at approx £100 for 3 game package there’s another £6m lost out on , I really hope they make a right arse of it next week and go out of Europe altogether would be a financial disaster for them

This wont be popular but i hope we dont get through to the Europa League Group stages and they do, it'll mean we will mostly play on a Saturday a day before them putting pressure on them.

Stopping them doing 9 is far more important than a run in Europe this season for me personally

Just mental. Whatever happened to wanting to do well in every tournament. It's a modern thing where people wish to pick-and-choose. We should have the squad to compete.

Got to laugh at the tims and their mates in the media ''Celtc are a cash rich club'' no they aren't they have an astronomical wage bill to service every year..That is why they took the cheap option to bring Lennon back,as he would not ask for millions to buy players and is probably on half or less than half the wages Rodgers was on

We win on Thursday. We then qualify for Europa whilst they go out to a tough opponent in AIK. We then beat them in the next OF to go ahead of them on the same number of matches played for possibly the first time since 2012. They then slip up at Easter Road or Shittodrie whilst we keep winning. Genuinely, the timplosion would be spectacular.

They would start cannibalising themselves. Liewell, the board, Popcorn Teeth, Broon, everybody would be in the firing line. A total meltdown would be on the cards.

For the first time in nearly 8 years, I genuinely believe all of this could happen. Long way to go, of course, but we must keep the pressure right on them. I truly believe they could fold this season :)) :))
Whether they get into the EL or not a defeat to us at Ibrox will end a lot of them. Many already calling for Lennons head, it wont take much to push them fully over the edge.

I would assume the Lurgan rhat will already be in the firing line as will the mong.

I got it wrong back in May. I thought the rhat and the mong would play up. Rather, they were subdued. But they had the league already won.

That won't happen this time. Under pressure from their own from last night, they'll be smarting. They will use every and any dirty black trick in the book.

We need to be on our guard, and I'd have Jones in the mong's face at every opportunity.

For me there’s a glaring lack of physicality in that Celtic midfield. Brown is done, Christie and McGregor lightweight, Rogic a crock. Only Ntcham can put himself about and he shites it against us and will probably be looking to get out. Yet not once have I read that they need strengthening in this area - always the (admittedly shite) defence. Big shock awaiting them on 1/9 when Aribo, Kamara, Jack and possibly Docherty, outrun and outmuscle them. By then of course, it’ll be too late. Lovely.

That’s me off to cash in on my €80 that I won from Cluj winning last night. I had a walk around nearby my hotel and was dying of laughter seeing them all walk back to their hotels in their tops was the cherry on top. It was the same time last year as well I was here when they got knocked out by AEK Athens.

“The tears of Athensry”

I think the last set of figures i saw they had £38.6 million in the bank but that includes the£17.6 million sale of Dembele and nowhere near £100 million, missing out on CL football is damaging to them big time , half of Biscuit hips money has been spent on dross which is nice :))

Back