The Season In Two and a Half Minutes

Edweird

Yes there are things wrong with the team. We're not great but neither is the team above us.
ALL season long we've struggled to get going. I believe the main reason is the inconsistency of the refereeing.

Football is a physical sport. Imagine playing in a 12 team league. Eleven teams can pretty much kick, grab and bite at will on one team. That one team is never allowed to bite back. I wouldn't expect that team to be 2nd in that league.

Imagine every card and decision goes against you in an unbelievably "random" way to cause as much pain as possible. Just when you are on the shoulder of your biggest rivals your best player is kicked in the face and banned for three games. You have one realistic chance of silverware now but your best player is fouled, booked and neutered. Should you get through this game your best player will be banned for the next game against your biggest rivals. Can you ever get a break?

After the game, even Mr Magoo says your best player was fouled, your team should have had a penalty and the opposing team should have been down to 10 men. But the authorities stand by the original, 100% wrong decision.

The club should put this on the official site under something like "a fan's view", "how we see it", "if only" or whatever.

At least we are highlighting season defining moments that the Scottish FA will cringe at showing how bad our standard of refereeing really is up here.

Something else we need to bear in mind is that the yellow cards picked up by our players have incurred suspensions. Alfie will miss the next Scottish Cup tie, and Goldson is out of the OF at the end of the month because he's reached six yellows and they can't be overturned

The thing is every teams fans think they’re cheated. The referees in general are dug shite. But a few occasions I’ve been left in no doubt that the referees have gone out their way to make decisions against us.

The thing is every teams fans think they’re cheated. The referees in general are dug shite. But a few occasions I’ve been left in no doubt that the referees have gone out their way to make decisions against us.
not just us mate Alfie in particular

I'm with you on this. Until the Hibs/Beaton game last season I thought the same. I thought the Halliday riot gesture was a ridiculous anomaly in the lower leagues period.
Since that Hibs game I have watched numerous games in the SPFL and not always Rangers games. It is very, very easy to see that we are refereed to a different standard and held to a different standard by the media. An example of that would be our game with four penalties. That hoo-ha went on for a week but no one is asking who the last Rangers player was to commit 8 fouls before a booking.
And the Morelos standard is on another planet.

The thing is every teams fans think they’re cheated.
That's not "the thing", that's irrelevant noise. The 'thing' is we are being seriously disadvantaged, to the extent that we're not allowed to compete, by deliberate and demonstrable corruption.

Back