The SLO

Ayrforce1

See reading this guys twitter, how much would you need paid to do his job?
All joking aside I am not sure 100k per annum would make me want it.
He gets the blame of everything from lack of away tickets, car parking, travel club issues, quality of pies, Woolworth's shutting and storm Dennis.

He gets alot of shit, and having met him before Euro trips a fair bit of stress involved.

But it also on the other hand seems like a cushy job, especially for a bear.

I like him in the dealings I have had with him.

He gets alot of shit, and having met him before Euro trips a fair bit of stress involved.

I wonder how much of ay given 90 minutes of a game he sees.

He seemed like a nice guy when I met him. I would love to have the opportunity to work with Rangers but wouldn't fancy taking the abuse in his position.

Not a criticism as she ch, but I think it would be better if he our SLO (irrespective of who it is ) had an personal and an official SLO sign in for FF.

A bit like POTUS :p

Gets constant grief with pretty much next to no thanks from people. Checking on either here or Twitter must be a nightmare at times

Cushy job and stress in the same post...

More chance of getting a response from a brick wall than there is him
Load of nonsense. There is only one of him and he must get 100s of messages a day. You probably asked about something out within his remit too.

Load of nonsense. There is only one of him and he must get 100s of messages a day. You probably asked about something out within his remit too.
So it is , aye you’ll know what a asked him seen as you seem to think you know everything.

The role unfortunately is a glorified welcome to asda meet and greet type job it seems. Rather than an actual link from the club to the board on pressing issues.

No harm to the guy, but unless your aunt Margaret has lost her purse, or you want to know what font we use when printing tickets I am not sure what the role is needed for.

As with other fan/club interactions it's another opportunity missed.

There is a high proportion of our support that are absolute wallopers who complain about everything and anyone! Fair play to the SLO putting up with that s**t! I even read people complaining about Arfield the other day ffs and he is in great form! Absolute mentalists, those Rangers facebook pages make this place look sensible ffs!!

The amount of ticketing queries @Greg Marshall receives is unreal.

The Club need to up their game and have an official ticket office social media account to deal with these queries, I’m sure Greg agrees with me on that?

The role unfortunately is a glorified welcome to asda meet and greet type job it seems. Rather than an actual link from the club to the board on pressing issues.

No harm to the guy, but unless your aunt Margaret has lost her purse, or you want to know what font we use when printing tickets I am not sure what the role is needed for.

As with other fan/club interactions it's another opportunity missed.

A point of contract for fans to get in touch and vice versa for the SLO on the clubs behalf

A UEFA requirement if the club play in Europe - Article 35 of FFP

In Scotland I think most the top flight and even Championship club will have one as part of the club licensing

In England all 92 clubs have one as part of the club licensing

He gets the blame of everything from lack of away tickets, car parking, travel club issues, quality of pies, Woolworth's shutting and storm Dennis.
He will deny the Woolworths closure

Don’t think the SLO would take a drop in salary to give you his gig.

No just twitter unfortunatel, some fans just want to have a go at the club constantly, even in here we get it

Yeah here is bad but Twitter is a whole different level.

Facebook is so bad too, I've said on here before that the FF facebook page puts people off signing up for the forum because of how ridiculous it is.

The current trend I hate is fans having a go at our own fans and desperately trying to back up the opposition for some odd reason. Some guy after the Hibs game was arguing tooth and nail against people slagging Jane Park and defending her at every turn despite everything she had posted about us. "She's actually quite sound in real life" Aye no bother pal.

No just twitter unfortunatel, some fans just want to have a go at the club constantly, even in here we get it

Are you happy with the manner in which the club have publicly handled the incidents that have cost Rangers points / a trophy / players due to didgy match officials?

He has always answered me anytime I have been in contact with him,
I have asked him about approaching the police to get pointsman back on duty at NN10 junction as it would rid us from the whole of PRW eastbound being a carpark for 90 mins after a game.
He asked but never got which the police should be ashamed of themselves it’s an easy fix to a major problem as there was never ever any great issues there before with traffic and that was before we had the squinty bridge

Don't know many people that would knock back a job with Rangers if the pay was reasonable.

I have asked him about approaching the police to get pointsman back on duty at NN10 junction as it would rid us from the whole of PRW eastbound being a carpark for 90 mins after a game.
He asked but never got which the police should be ashamed of themselves it’s an easy fix to a major problem as there was never ever any great issues there before with traffic and that was before we had the squinty bridge
Any time i’ve contacted him on social media he usually doesn’t reply or takes days to reply

I don’t know how he manages to keep it together when dealing with some of our support. If I was doing his job I would be sacked within a week for telling people exactly what I think of them or I would be rolling about with somebody. Some of the abuse he gets is bang out of order.

I don’t know how he manages to keep it together when dealing with some of our support. If I was doing his job I would be sacked within a week for telling people exactly what I think of them or I would be rolling about with somebody. Some of the abuse he gets is bang out of order.

Im the very same mate.

Most football fans seem to be a bit thick when it comes to how realising how things work. Most only seem to see it from their own point of view in my experience.

Don't know many people that would knock back a job with Rangers if the pay was reasonable.

I am actually the complete opposite, I would hate to work for the club. It is my release away from work and something that makes me forget everything, something I treasure with my boy and would hate work to get in the way of that.
Too much of a mix, and depending what kind of level you worked at you may face making decisions that require to be made by the head as opposed to the heart. End of the day it's a business and hard decisions need made.

Back